m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6678|UK
you don't need a car. stop being a fucking sheep.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6198|Roma
You don't need to live, stop being a fucking sheep
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699
What do you need a car for in the Marines? DRIVE A TANK TO WORK.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

Superior Mind wrote:

What do you need a car for in the Marines? DRIVE A TANK TO WORK.
https://www.bradleyssurplus.com/uploaded_files/images/products/b_9f2c1b96f193b1af6591b39f2a41b9d8USED%20-%20Combat%20Boots.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699
Right, that too. Don't they train you guys to walk really far?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6575|Mountains of NC

Superior Mind wrote:

Right, that too. Don't they train you guys to walk really far?
parents job for that
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6699
Que? I'm a fan of walking.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Predictably, I would say get a Crown Vic but a lot of people care a lot about gas mileage.  I just love my car anyway

If you're looking for longevity, they regularly last over 300K easily, I test drove an 03 Police Interceptor with 343K, the ride was a little bit sloppy but everything worked, the guy had another one with 401K he was selling for more cuz it ran better.  And more recently, a guy on the Crown Vic forums had a 96(same stuff as current models) with 640,000 on the original drivetrain and then it got T-boned and rolled so now he uses it for parts

Here's one with 365K on it for sale in VA:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blue-and … 500wt_1182
rdx-fx
+955|6598
You don't need to be Scottish, stop fucking sheep
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6666|BC, Canada

_j5689_ wrote:

Predictably, I would say get a Crown Vic but a lot of people care a lot about gas mileage.  I just love my car anyway

If you're looking for longevity, they regularly last over 300K easily, I test drove an 03 Police Interceptor with 343K, the ride was a little bit sloppy but everything worked, the guy had another one with 401K he was selling for more cuz it ran better.  And more recently, a guy on the Crown Vic forums had a 96(same stuff as current models) with 640,000 on the original drivetrain and then it got T-boned and rolled so now he uses it for parts

lose the crown vic, its not helping you with girls. And never tell a girl how awesome you think they are.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD

-Whiteroom- wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

lose the crown vic, its not helping you with girls. And never tell a girl how awesome you think they are.
As a matter of fact I actually had my first kiss in it

And obviously I won't go all Aspergers about it like that to a girl I'm interested in
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6350

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Found some civics with close to 100,000 miles and around ~$3000. They seem like really good deals and are supposedly in great condition. I also found some newer rangers. One from 2001 with only 100,000 miles for 4000 but I'll offer him 3 in cash and see what he says.
Do this. I drove a '93 Civic for 5 years and my mother took it over after I left the country. I fucked it over pretty good but the engine never gave in. Neither did the gearbox. You will need parts no matter what car you buy though, so go around and ask dealers about prices for things like brake pads, fanbelts etc.
In Hamburg those parts were ridiculously overpriced because Civics hardly brake unless crashed into something.

If you look at the Civics, check the tip of the hood and the wheel arch for rust, all models until the early 2000´s suffer from that (altough Cali weather might do its part to prevent that). Also the oil drain screw, they tend to leak after several years. Ask for the ignition coil and cam belt, when they were changed last. Also wheel bearing, if the rubber is still in good condition and there are no leaks. Civics are generally very stiff, those things take a beating.

And please, stay off the trucks. You really don´t need one unless you are going to be a "america fuck yeah jay knob" kinda guy.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6666|BC, Canada
I like how he posted 2 Rangers, and an old F150 and people are all, "fucking american small penis red-neck trucks!"
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5365|London, England

Sisco wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Found some civics with close to 100,000 miles and around ~$3000. They seem like really good deals and are supposedly in great condition. I also found some newer rangers. One from 2001 with only 100,000 miles for 4000 but I'll offer him 3 in cash and see what he says.
Do this. I drove a '93 Civic for 5 years and my mother took it over after I left the country. I fucked it over pretty good but the engine never gave in. Neither did the gearbox. You will need parts no matter what car you buy though, so go around and ask dealers about prices for things like brake pads, fanbelts etc.
In Hamburg those parts were ridiculously overpriced because Civics hardly brake unless crashed into something.

If you look at the Civics, check the tip of the hood and the wheel arch for rust, all models until the early 2000´s suffer from that (altough Cali weather might do its part to prevent that). Also the oil drain screw, they tend to leak after several years. Ask for the ignition coil and cam belt, when they were changed last. Also wheel bearing, if the rubber is still in good condition and there are no leaks. Civics are generally very stiff, those things take a beating.

And please, stay off the trucks. You really don´t need one unless you are going to be a "america fuck yeah jay knob" kinda guy.
It's not about being America Fuck Yeah, it's about not trying to force your cultural norms on others. Euros like hatchbacks for some reason. That's fine. I just get sick of the ignorance displayed by people who have zero experience outside of their own culture trying to make observations about others.

You, however, have shown yourself to be a genuinely stupid person. Congrats.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5365|London, England

-Whiteroom- wrote:

I like how he posted 2 Rangers, and an old F150 and people are all, "fucking american small penis red-neck trucks!"
Right? Pure ignorance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6749|London

haven't really been reading most of this thread but i was just wondering why you need a big trunk shifty?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6198|Roma
TO HAUL ALL THAT PUSSY
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Sisco
+493|6350

Jay wrote:

Sisco wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's not about being America Fuck Yeah, it's about not trying to force your cultural norms on others. Euros like hatchbacks for some reason. That's fine. I just get sick of the ignorance displayed by people who have zero experience outside of their own culture trying to make observations about others.

No, you are making assumptions based on your own perceptions. This has nothing to do with cultural norms but with common sense in a time that economically and environmentally requires us to think differently.
And btw, "forcing cultural norms" on your own culture is equally ignorant. "Us Americans always liked trucks, there be ice in hell before that changes"
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5043|Massachusetts, USA

Sisco wrote:

Jay wrote:

Sisco wrote:

No, you are making assumptions based on your own perceptions. This has nothing to do with cultural norms but with common sense in a time that economically and environmentally requires us to think differently.
And btw, "forcing cultural norms" on your own culture is equally ignorant. "Us Americans always liked trucks, there be ice in hell before that changes"
Trucks are useful. It'ts that simple.

Stupid arguments about stupid things.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Sisco wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Nobodies forcing anything, Sh1fty hasn't given a single reason for needing a truck but he still 'wants' one for some reason.
Something like a Civic would probably have much lower purchase and running costs so that seems like a reasonable bet - unless he really needs a truck which seems unlikely.

But if he really wants a truck to fit in with the urban badass stereotype as he sits in traffic thats his decision.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Sisco
+493|6350

UnkleRukus wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Jay wrote:

Trucks are useful. It'ts that simple.

Stupid arguments about stupid things.
Yes, to a certain degree for certain tasks. None of which shifty ever mentioned. And even on the off chance he really needs a truck to haul whatever, he should base his decision on economical factors and consider alternatives to your standard 12 year old gas guzzler.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trucks are useful, but not really that useful - a $500 towbar on an average vehicle and a handy trailer rental company makes much more sense.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6724|Riva, MD
Not everybody cares about fuel economy or wants to have a small unlikeable ugly cramped little car, sometimes people just want a car that they like and for many people, that's not a hatchback

I personally don't think I ever wanna get something that's not an SUV or a full-sized sedan
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why are small cars 'unlikeable?

This is highly likeable IMO.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xCnlOfcE-QY/Tf4fl82UHZI/AAAAAAAAAUA/Qgigz6jzx1Q/s1600/Mini-Cooper-Plug-in-Electric-1600%25C3%25971200.jpg

Many 'large' cars and SUVs have fairly cramped passenger compartments, if you really look at them.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6744|Oxferd Ohire
minis have gone too far
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard