-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5473|Ventura, California
it's a great show. first season was boss, second season had it's boss moments and intern moments, 2.5 started off awesome.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
gurdeep
­
+812|4754|proll­y
k
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast
wasnt tooooooo bad.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Benzin
+576|5998
I liked this week's episode, very exciting.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

CapnNismo wrote:

Agree. The walkers' being more central to the story was refreshing.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Benzin
+576|5998

FEOS wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Not only that but also the encounter with other survivors was quite riveting. This is actually more exciting than the walkers, imo.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

CapnNismo wrote:

FEOS wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

Not only that but also the encounter with other survivors was quite riveting. This is actually more exciting than the walkers, imo.
You're spot on about that. I do enjoy more storyline involving walkers, though...sort of the whole point of the series.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Benzin
+576|5998
For me, personally, the walkers are boring. I've seen so many zombie movies and it's always the same stuff for the most part. For me it's more interesting to see the aftereffects of what would happen when the world ends, which is one of the reasons I like this series. I know a lot of folks here complain when the zombies aren't in the focus of the episode when it's all about the people, but those episodes can be really good. Unfortunately the writers seem to have dropped the ball in the first half of the second season - they could have made those side stories much better (the only one they seem to have done a good job on is Shane's slow fall into insanity but now the bit with Daryl is getting quite interesting). In all the zombie movies you never had any real character development but here you have a chance to see how folks might be when it all goes to shit.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

CapnNismo wrote:

For me, personally, the walkers are boring. I've seen so many zombie movies and it's always the same stuff for the most part. For me it's more interesting to see the aftereffects of what would happen when the world ends, which is one of the reasons I like this series. I know a lot of folks here complain when the zombies aren't in the focus of the episode when it's all about the people, but those episodes can be really good. Unfortunately the writers seem to have dropped the ball in the first half of the second season - they could have made those side stories much better (the only one they seem to have done a good job on is Shane's slow fall into insanity but now the bit with Daryl is getting quite interesting). In all the zombie movies you never had any real character development but here you have a chance to see how folks might be when it all goes to shit.
holy fucking christ

The only thing this show has and the thing the show was pitched on was the zombies. If you wanted a show with serious detailed character development you could swing your dick in any direction and hit one.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
The whole point of The Walking Dead is the survivors' story and how they adapt to the new world. The Walking Dead is not primarily about the Walkers. The show has made that quite clear and so have the directors and the comics.
Benzin
+576|5998

Macbeth wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

holy fucking christ

The only thing this show has and the thing the show was pitched on was the zombies. If you wanted a show with serious detailed character development you could swing your dick in any direction and hit one.
Except none of them have any end of the world scenarios, fuckwit.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

The reason I find the walker involvement makes the show more interesting is that, without the constant fear of attack from them, it's just a drama series. The tension added by the walkers and the character's reaction to them--particularly with Hershel's slightly different view and his adjusting to reality--is a catalyst for the character development, imo.

Run-on sentences ftw.
― Albert Einstein

Benzin
+576|5998
I totally agree with you.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419246_10150579549612672_534597671_9068262_810996889_n.jpg
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma
Episode 7 of second season so far.
Season 2 > Season 1
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Benzin
+576|5998
So I don't know if what happened in the latest episode in the comics, but my girlfriend and I were screaming at the TV after the ending and both got real sad... Fuck you, Carl!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Spoiler (highlight to read):
I had mixed feelings about Dale. He was right about most things throughout the series, but he was quite wrong about Randall.

I'm disappointed there's only two more episodes in this season. I wonder how long the wait for the third season will be. I kept myself entertained with White Collar, Hell on Wheels, and Falling Skies while waiting for The Walking Dead. All of those are on break now for a while if I remember.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2012-03-05 23:47:39)

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6510|Gold Coast

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I had mixed feelings about Dale. He was right about most things throughout the series, but he was quite wrong about Randall.

I'm disappointed there's only two more episodes in this season. I wonder how long the wait for the third season will be. I kept myself entertained with White Collar, Hell on Wheels, and Falling Skies while waiting for The Walking Dead. All of those are on break now for a while if I remember.
Wrong about Randall?
wat
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Randall is a threat in my opinion. He wouldn't give Daryl the information about the camp that he supposedly doesn't like. That makes no sense whatsoever. If you're not one of them, you don't help them out. If they let him go, his best chance is to go back to his old group since he's got no chance on his own. The 30 armed people from the other group would get the information from Randall about a farm with food, safety, weapons, and shelter - then invade the place. So Dale was wrong about letting Randall live. Not to mention if they keep him prisoner he could possibly escape or hurt somebody. If he escapes on such harsh terms he would more than agree to let the others know about Hershell's farm and come back for revenge.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5913|...

Dale was annoying.  Good riddance.  When the world ends in a zombie apocalypse...nobody wants to hear somebody whining about humanity all the time.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma
I thought the reason Rick didn't kill the guy was because he realised what was happening to Carl, and that killing Randal would be going down a road that might alter how Carl thinks about humanity. As in, Dale was right. I think Dale was right, but should keep him prisoner to see what the can find out about the other group to see if they move on.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6388
They already got a taste of the kids crew. They should have killed him on the fence.

the whole thread is a spoiler
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

Wouldn't it be an interesting plot twist if Merle was the leader of the other group, the group attacks the farm, and then Daryl unknowingly shoots an arrow right through his brother's head ...
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6190|Roma
Last episode right there.
Benzin
+576|5998
End of the season will see The Governor and Merle is NOT the Governor, that's already all been stated in an interview.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard