Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

In a six and a half minute video posted to YouTube Thursday, Edith Bouvier, a journalist at Le Figaro, is pleading with the French government for her evacuation after she was hurt in the same shelling attacks that killed Marie Colvin and Remi Ochlik.

"I have a broken leg," Bouvier says in the video, which was translated by The Guardian. The sound of explosions can be heard in the background. "The femur is broken along its length and laterally too. I need to undergo surgery as soon as possible. The doctors here have treated us as well as they could but they can't perform surgery. So I need a ceasefire and an ambulance or car in good enough shape to get us out," she adds.
This really upsets me. Not the fact that she is injured but the fact that she believes her life is worth so much that her government should try to do something to save her from the mess she put herself in. Syria is in a state of civil war but never mind that, let's stop the world to save some pretty French girl.

It's just like this thread. I wouldn't want to lose my life or a leg but I also am not going to go to another country and be expecte to be treated any differently. Like the pretty blonde reporter who was attacked in Egypt, she put herself in that position. I can't feel bad for her.

It's much like someone who goes to the top of a mountain and expects rescue helicopters to come get them. Instead in this case there are millions of other people on top of the mountain who need to be rescued. Those other people didn't put themselves there though and didn't expect for everything to work out for them since they are first worlders. It's the worst form of narcissism, in my opinion.

I could be wrong. Could be a damn tragedy.

What do you think.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

How hot ?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

SEREMAKER wrote:

How hot ?
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA

SEREMAKER wrote:

How hot ?
Not very

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter
Kill her now
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

first off ....... lets a HD camera in there and not some shitty handy cam ....... second lets clean her up, toss some make up on, do something with the hair ......... third lets get a lovely evening gown on ... something low cut perhaps

then we'll judge
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
It's funny how this is the headline story on bbc but it isn't anywhere on aljazeera.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Journalists take risks to highlight issues the rest of the world need to know about be it famine, war, crime, whatever. This can be a valuable service to society. People who climb mountains don't provide any service to anyone.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2012-02-23 15:40:38)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

CameronPoe wrote:

Journalists take risks to highlight issues the rest of the world need to know about be it famine, war, crime, whatever. This can be a valuable service to society. People who climb mountains don't provide any service to anyone.
poeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i agree with cameronpoe
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
tell braddock to post
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

In a six and a half minute video posted to YouTube Thursday, Edith Bouvier, a journalist at Le Figaro, is pleading with the French government for her evacuation after she was hurt in the same shelling attacks that killed Marie Colvin and Remi Ochlik.

"I have a broken leg," Bouvier says in the video, which was translated by The Guardian. The sound of explosions can be heard in the background. "The femur is broken along its length and laterally too. I need to undergo surgery as soon as possible. The doctors here have treated us as well as they could but they can't perform surgery. So I need a ceasefire and an ambulance or car in good enough shape to get us out," she adds.
This really upsets me. Not the fact that she is injured but the fact that she believes her life is worth so much that her government should try to do something to save her from the mess she put herself in. Syria is in a state of civil war but never mind that, let's stop the world to save some pretty French girl.

It's just like this thread. I wouldn't want to lose my life or a leg but I also am not going to go to another country and be expecte to be treated any differently. Like the pretty blonde reporter who was attacked in Egypt, she put herself in that position. I can't feel bad for her.

It's much like someone who goes to the top of a mountain and expects rescue helicopters to come get them. Instead in this case there are millions of other people on top of the mountain who need to be rescued. Those other people didn't put themselves there though and didn't expect for everything to work out for them since they are first worlders. It's the worst form of narcissism, in my opinion.

I could be wrong. Could be a damn tragedy.

What do you think.
All she's asking for is a car.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6380|'Murka

And a ceasefire. And an ambulance. Because she got a broken leg, knowingly going into a war zone. I'm sure there aren't more critical patients or anything.

Mac is spot on here.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
I bet she doesn't even have a broken leg. This might be a good ploy to stop the fighting in Syria and we can all live together in peace and love <3
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rdx-fx
+955|6561
"Wait, wait!  Stop the war for a minute! I'm French, I'm special, I got an ouchie, and I wanna go home!"

Great opportunity for French special forces to stage a daring rescue mission.
Blue scarves flying, black berets at a jaunty angle, heroic poses being struck, not a drop spilled from their cute little espresso cups...
Wonder if they'll be wearing the striped black and white shirts?

Last edited by rdx-fx (2012-02-26 05:48:33)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

rdx-fx wrote:

"Wait, wait!  Stop the war for a minute! I'm French, I'm special, I got an ouchie, and I wanna go home!"

Great opportunity for French special forces to stage a daring rescue mission.
Blue scarves flying, black berets at a jaunty angle, heroic poses being struck, not a drop spilled from their cute little espresso cups...
Silly RDX, you know they'd somehow blame the Americans for her broken leg.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
I mean her asking for a car to take her out ins't such a big deal, but if that quote is spot on and she asks for a "ceasefire" then she deserves 2 broken legs.
rdx-fx
+955|6561

Cybargs wrote:

Silly RDX, you know they'd somehow blame the Americans for her broken leg.
Which side? The French, the reporters, or the Syrians?
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon

rdx-fx wrote:

i thought that was the ruskies

Last edited by Reciprocity (2012-02-26 12:55:18)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

Reciprocity wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Those are blue strips.

rdx-fx
+955|6561

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Those are blue strips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rAHrHd2lcw
Nope, he's right.  The French have (had?) the blue & white stripes too. 
sea stripes, it seems.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
Since there is not really a thread dedicated to the war in Syria I'm going to be using this one. 

So what do you guys think about Hollande and Cameron trying to lift the arms embargo on Syria? We helped them with Gaddafi and are giving them support in Mali. They just want to return the favor.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
dumb in general
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I am happy we are finally arming the rebels in Syria. It is unfortunate we can't do more.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
Why?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard