Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
playing the multiplayer demo now.  Surprise surprise, it sucks a fat one.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
Ordered teh N7 edition yesterday
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Just played the demo.

Ran really well on my PC which pleased me. I've been sticking to the Xbox versions of ME because that's where my initial save was. But screw it I'll just get a similar save from that website with the save files.

Random thoughts:
Who is this and what did they do with female Shepard (I'll be playing as male Shepard when I get the game and I'm quite glad about it now).
Who is this and what did they do with Ashley.
These running animations on both you and Anderson are hilariously bad.
I like the hit marker.
Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rolled my eyes at the Modern Warfare style "shock moment" with the stupid kid.

I didn't play the 2nd mission that takes place at some further on point in the game. I just played the demo to see how the performance would be, and I'm pleased with that. The rest of the demo (that I played) left much to be desired to be honest but I'm still looking forward to playing it and finishing the trilogy thing.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast
I actually enjoyed it, and I was surprisied that it ran decently on my PC.

However, the controls are awful. Sprint, Use and Cover all mapped to the Spaebar? What the actual fuck. I haven't played ME2 on PC yet, so I don't know if it was like that for the previous game.

Last edited by henno13 (2012-02-14 14:46:57)

Sisco
+493|6314
Yes it was and it is helluva confusing. It seems to be a bit more twitchy than it was in ME2 too.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
CAPTAIN MOTHER FUCKING KIRRAHE BITCHES!

HOLD THE LINE!
firebolt5
+114|6126
After a couple of playthroughs of ME2, I got used to the controls.  Played a little bit of the demo (you can't save your game...), I just wonder why they needed to add hit markers in single player
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i never played any ME's, O:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6319|Belfast

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

HOLD THE LINE!
It's Major Kirrahe now
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439

henno13 wrote:

HOLD THE LINE!
It's Major Kirrahe now
HOLY SHIT I KNOWOHMYGODFUCKINGMAJORGODDAMNMOTHERFUCKINGKIRRAHEBITCHESHOLDTHEMOTHERFUCKINGLINE
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

guys the mass effect story is really weak and people who think it is some sort of revolution in literature scare me.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Tali isn't hot she doesn't even have a face
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
firebolt5
+114|6126
Fuck, now I got start the demo all over because it crashed on the second part of the demo.  I was dragging my allied powers to the hotbar and it crashed.  I remember this happened in ME2 too.  They still didn't fix it...
firebolt5
+114|6126
Fuck, now I got start the demo all over because it crashed on the second part of the demo.  I was dragging my allied powers to the hotbar and it crashed.  I remember this happened in ME2 too.  They still didn't fix it...

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Random thoughts:
Who is this and what did they do with female Shepard (I'll be playing as male Shepard when I get the game and I'm quite glad about it now).
I think last year a lot of players on the Bioware forums said they wanted to have a female Shepard to be seen in teasers and trailers since they were tired of seeing the male Shepard.  Then Bioware designed a female version and then players voted which they liked.  Now there's an "official" female Shepard face.

Last edited by firebolt5 (2012-02-14 20:31:25)

Sisco
+493|6314

firebolt5 wrote:

It also buggers out when you try to switch things on the hotbar itself. As it did in ME2.

The SP part was good, pretty much ME standard. Some overly dramatic scenes which made me roll my eyes. Judging by the second part, ammo is still a problem.

Multiplayer is ok. Not more not less. It´s standard horde mode, gets really tough in higher levels and as such needs proper teamwork. I wouldn´t miss it if it wasn´t in there. Its impact on the SP will decide its usefulness.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

Miggle wrote:

Tali isn't hot she doesn't even have a face
ultimate butterface
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
firebolt5
+114|6126

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Rolled my eyes at the Modern Warfare style "shock moment" with the stupid kid.
When I saw the sequence, I didn't think of Modern Warfare at all.  You really can't compare that scene from ME3 to whatever shock moment in the MW series.  The interaction with the kid before the ending cinematic, combined with the ending music, and the look on Shepard's face when he saw the kid make it out alive, and the, "no matter how hard you try, you can't save them all" (that's cliche, but, whatever) made it a way better "shock moment" than a scene from MW.

Sisco wrote:

Judging by the second part, ammo is still a problem.
What do you mean by that?  Not enough ammo?  I don't think I had any ammo problems in ME2 in any difficulty mode.  Although I did play the demo on normal difficulty, so maybe you played on insanity?  In any case, just keep spamming powers against your enemies .  Lift + Concussive Shot and Singularity + Warp are some fun power combos.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

Miggle wrote:

guys the mass effect story is really weak and people who think it is some sort of revolution in literature scare me.
Not really the story that does it for me it's the whole package. Besides it's got some funny renegade dialogue.

Go play system shock 2 make a thread for it and stay in it.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
I don't care if Tali is hot or not, the fact of the matter is she's a stupid cunt.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

I don't care if Tali is hot or not, the fact of the matter is she's a stupid cunt.
I don't know why people like her you should be able to kil her like that Zaeed guy!
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439

wah1188 wrote:

I don't know why people like her you should be able to kil her like that Zaeed guy!
You can! Just send her into the tube at the end mission and makes someone who sucks be the squad leader.
Sisco
+493|6314

firebolt5 wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Judging by the second part, ammo is still a problem.
What do you mean by that?  Not enough ammo?  I don't think I had any ammo problems in ME2 in any difficulty mode.  Although I did play the demo on normal difficulty, so maybe you played on insanity?  In any case, just keep spamming powers against your enemies .  Lift + Concussive Shot and Singularity + Warp are some fun power combos.
I traditionally selected the soldier class to play and that comes with a heavy focus on ammo powers. The assault rifles run out of ammo rather quickly, even with accurate fire. That forces you to switch to your secondary weapon, a mechanic I already despised in ME2. They could slighty avoid it by simplay raising the max ammo capacity, but they apparently didn´t think of that.
Additionally, enemies seem to be a bit tougher and regenerate faster even on normal than they did in ME2, so you have to hammer quite the amount of rounds into them.
It´s quite stupid cause it forces you to break out of the flow and scour the area for clips instead of going towards your next objective.

Judging by the MP bit, there seem to be a variety of weapon upgrades and equipment, so that might make all the difference though.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Pfft.  PC ammo mods.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Here are those animations I was complaining about for anyone that hasn't played the demo. I seriously hope they're placeholders.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6439
Yeah, the first part was really weird and jarring. The second part had the high production value one would expect from the series, but the first part looked really bad.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard