A Sticky For Stock Discussion?

Yes50%50% - 26
No50%50% - 26
Total: 52
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6470|Los Angeles

jonsimon wrote:

Yeah, finishing up my Macro course I've been daydreaming ideas for interesting investments. Like trying to exploit exchange rates and differing national inflations.
Good luck on armchair arbitrage. Every bank in the world has a computer network doing nothing else but exploiting/eliminating FX arbitrage to the thousandth of a percent. Including automatic execution of FX positions.
jonsimon
+224|6465

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Yeah, finishing up my Macro course I've been daydreaming ideas for interesting investments. Like trying to exploit exchange rates and differing national inflations.
Good luck on armchair arbitrage. Every bank in the world has a computer network doing nothing else but exploiting/eliminating FX arbitrage to the thousandth of a percent. Including automatic execution of FX positions.
Care to elaborate?
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6470|Los Angeles

jonsimon wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Care to elaborate?
Did I leave something out?
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville
revived this thread from search. I have money too invest. I already have proctor gamble and coke but I got some extra $ and going too set up a
Scott trade account any ideas. Dow and Nasdaq are out but any others that are at a cheap buy would be nice preferably 15.00-20.00 a share would be my max.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6526|Kent, UK
look at managed funds tbh
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Obiwan wrote:

revived this thread from search. I have money too invest. I already have proctor gamble and coke but I got some extra $ and going too set up a
Scott trade account any ideas. Dow and Nasdaq are out but any others that are at a cheap buy would be nice preferably 15.00-20.00 a share would be my max.
If you don't have the time or inclination to do your own research, toss your money into a high yield bond fund.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Vanguard mid-caps and foreign heavy funds, tbh.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Iraqi dinars anyone.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>day trading

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Colombian gold
13rin
+977|6449
I'd make sure your IRAs are fully funded first.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
lots of gordon gekkos in here
Tu Stultus Es
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

greed is good
13rin
+977|6449

eleven bravo wrote:

not sure who he is...

*ah.. Google was my friend.

just my .02

Last edited by 13rin (2012-02-08 19:59:43)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Roc18 wrote:

>day trading

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
So long as you fund it through margin calls it can't fail to work out fine.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville

Jay wrote:

Obiwan wrote:

If you don't have the time or inclination to do your own research, toss your money into a high yield bond fund.
I have the time, going too get a Scott trade account when my dad gets back from Utah. Looking for tips and pointers. I tried looking up youtube vidoes on how Scott trade works but it mainly shows a lame commercial. Just seeing if anyone here had stock for a while and if they just leave it alone or hit that trade button every day. I already have a couple of company's in mind.

Last edited by Obiwan (2012-02-09 10:22:20)

Roc18
`
Personally I wouldn't waste my time investing in stocks, takes way too much time and research to do on your own and isn't as simple as picking a company you like. There's so many factors and people who are looking for the same value who are putting in more work using formulas and valuation steps. I would just put the money into a safer investment like  a CD or Bond or hire a broker to help me with trading.

Last edited by Roc18 (2012-02-09 10:26:02)

Roc18
`
Oh look usmarine made this thread.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6679|Oklahoma City
I don't think we should have a sticky for a stocks thread, but I DO think THIS thread about a poll about making a sticky for a stocks thread, should, in and of itself, be a sticky.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

eleven bravo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Closed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard