13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

gurdeep wrote:

nah that was pre patch. i only get maybe 1 glitch per round if that
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5181|Sydney

Spearhead wrote:

Honestly why do people even bother playing as medic.
Health regenerates by itself at 5 pts per second after waiting 16 seconds.
Medic packs work immediately and charge at 10 pts a second.

Over 100 pts, no health pack is 36 seconds. With a health pack it's 10 seconds.

If you get damaged again with no health pack you have to wait a further 16 seconds. With a med pack there is not waiting time.

Answer your question?

I always play engineer, medic packs are useless since health recharges anyway.
RPG spam ftw.

Fuck EA.
umad bro?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

Would you guys populate a BF2-style server? A friend is looking into renting one and trying to get the settings as close to BF2 as possible. It'd be like a combination of hardcore and softcore settings. No health or vehicle regen, no 3d spotting, spawn on SL only, still just as much player health (possibly more? I don't like it, but it's what he suggested), and whatever other stuff there is to edit.

It'd likely be west coast or central USA, Conquest Large, 56 slots or so.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5756|Roma

mtb0minime wrote:

Would you guys populate a BF2-style server? A friend is looking into renting one and trying to get the settings as close to BF2 as possible. It'd be like a combination of hardcore and softcore settings. No health or vehicle regen, no 3d spotting, spawn on SL only, still just as much player health (possibly more? I don't like it, but it's what he suggested), and whatever other stuff there is to edit.

my eu server has been empty for ever.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5701

mtb0minime wrote:

40-48 players is where it's at matty. meet me at chicago and i'll help when i can.
Roc18
`
+655|5793|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
https://i41.tinypic.com/4j5phc.jpg
https://chan.catiewayne.com/m/src/132714387895.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6674|UK
https://i.imgur.com/eWm9F.png

Last edited by m3thod (2012-02-08 16:24:13)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6291|Pacific NW, USA

13/f/taiwan wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

nah that was pre patch. i only get maybe 1 glitch per round if that
Wow, must be nice.  Happenes every 3 shots.  Lastnight I hit a chopper and it just deflected the missile at a 90° angle.
Roc18
`
MG36 is so accurate. definitely one of my favorite weapons.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5791|Catherine Black
sucks dick

got the service star and never touched it
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Roc18
`
The reddot makes a huge difference in terms of its accuracy. You should try it and burst firing. its like the laser guns from BC2 lol. Standing up and bursting its accurate as hell as well.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6346

aerodynamic wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

my eu server has been empty for ever.
I wanted to say sometime ago, maybe switch it to a more traditional Bf3 setting.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5476|Ventura, California

gurdeep wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Honestly why do people even bother playing as medic.  I always play engineer, medic packs are useless since health recharges anyway.  Fuck EA.
that ^^

Having to wait 20 seconds for regen to start then wait a few more seconds for it to get at least past 50% to stand a chance in a fight is too long for me. I need my med packs to fight more than 2-3 guys.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6692|Tampa Bay Florida
BF2s is endorsing recharging health.  What has the world come to.

A 20 second wait is nothing.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-02-08 22:05:22)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

I should just buy this for ps3. I get bsod's when I try to quit the game
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5967|London, England

maybe you should stop being bad then
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

i should just do the sensible thing and uninstall this piece of shit. even when it does work, it's hard to find a good game and get some teamwork going. why bother.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6326|Graz, Austria
Recreating BF2 settings in BF3 is useless until they've added the commo-rose commands for "Need ammo" and "Need medic" (which apparently will be done in the upcoming patch in the form of some "new commands").

Also, in regards of health/vehicle regeneration:
BF2 only worked so well as it did, because you could repair vehicles by simply moving your vehicle next to them.
And IMO, that's equally ridiculous as regeneration, if not even more stupid.

The same goes for healing, by simply standing next to a medic vehicle.
"Hands-free" first-aid...
Honestly, that sounds more stupid to me than health regeneration (which, as mentioned above, is quite ineffective anyway).
iceman785
+93|6675|Alaska, mother fucker.
how is it that I have the DAO-12 yet it tells me I don't unlock it until rank 38?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North
because you got it for pre-ordering/B2K. same way i already have the SKS but it's my next unlock
iceman785
+93|6675|Alaska, mother fucker.
But I didn't pre-order anything...

Or do you mean just buying b2k?

Last edited by iceman785 (2012-02-09 04:45:31)

krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North
it might just come with B2K in general, says it's part of the "physical warfare pack"
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6326|Graz, Austria
The DAO-12 was part of the Physical Warfare Pack (PWP).
http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefie … -available
This was initially available for pre-orders of the BF3 Limited Edition from some retailers only.
Later, it was made free for everyone, because it contained the all-exclusive Type 88 LMG, which could only be achieved with the PWP.

All the weapons from the PWP (DAO-12, SKS, Type 88) were shifted to the bottom row in the weapons stats page, with tooltips mentioning the PWP.
They did not, however, change the unlock progression, so it still appears as an unlock, while actually you will receive nothing once you hit the respective scores.

All the weapon accessory unlocks from the PWP (flechette for the DAO-12, flash suppressor for the SKS) did get removed from the unlock progression, showing up at the very end, as already unlocked, with a PWP tooltip.

They never bothered to change anything in the Unlock progression page in Battlelog (which represents the

Note:
The SKS rifle was never mentioned as being included in the PWP, only the flash suppressor was.
However, the SKS apparently was already unlocked for PWP owners right from the start. (Otherwise you would have a flash suppressor only for the rare cases that you picked up that gun until you got it yourself at 71000 recon score.)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard