thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

-Whiteroom- wrote:

I wouldn't be upset if they dumbed down the jav against air vehicles, but that thing sucks against land vehicles.
couldn't agree more...Altho I have no idea how that has to do with MAVS...?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6603|Greenwood, IN

-Whiteroom- wrote:

I wouldn't be upset if they dumbed down the jav against air vehicles, but that thing sucks against land vehicles.
Totally agree with that.  But, better yet is if they make the jav target ground armor only.  But, what they should do instead of buffing the jav is buff the laser targeting.  They should make it so that if you target armor with a laser lock the armor can't get out of the lock once the missile has been fired.(Flares/smoke not effective)  The same thing can be said for jets/helis has well with portable AA.  The SOFLAM and tank third seat are very under used in the game.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
I really dislike handheld anti-air missiles.  I hate having to choose between the regular rockets and AA on vehicle maps, and I was excited because I thought the javelin would do both before I unlocked it.

But nope, it does jack shit.  Locking on gives it a little range but it only has 5 rockets.  Even with the extra rocket perk...
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

Spearhead wrote:

I really dislike handheld anti-air missiles.  I hate having to choose between the regular rockets and AA on vehicle maps, and I was excited because I thought the javelin would do both before I unlocked it.

But nope, it does jack shit.  Locking on gives it a little range but it only has 5 rockets.  Even with the extra rocket perk...
Yup its actually a AT class or a AA class is how you have to look at it. I pick AT mines and AA and forget about the tanks unless I can sneak up on them.

E: Also, the stinger is far far worse than the IGLA

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2012-01-29 13:18:37)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I just don't see anything wrong with placing AA stations around the map like in BF2, with maybe a mobile AA per map.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
because the game is catered to COD players obviously so you cant have mediocre pilots going 50-1. oh no sir, everyone should be able to take everyone else out squire. we cant have those jumping ship cod faggots not buying the next add on/expansion of EA's new cash cow can we sir no we cant chum

Last edited by jord (2012-01-29 13:31:40)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
one noob missile took out 30+ navy seals
Tu Stultus Es
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

jord wrote:

because the game is catered to COD players obviously so you cant have mediocre pilots going 50-1. oh no sir, everyone should be able to take everyone else out squire. we cant have those jumping ship cod faggots not buying the next add on/expansion of EA's new cash cow can we sir no we cant chum
says the pilot.
jord

-Whiteroom- wrote:

jord wrote:

says the pilot.
i've taken to flying over the last 6 weeks or so, before that i was placing infantry on seine/bazaar, and before that i was doing everything. now im sniping people out of jets on HC to observe their rage. there isn't a facet of this game i haven't played and played well (except static aa but i can't bring myself to be one of those people). the point is Dice's idea of balance seems to be everyone going 2-1 at best. my idea of balance is the food chain of bf2, jets>heli's>armour>everything else. that's because you only have a limited number of these assets and they should be used well and because there's only 1-4 good vehicles per team these 1-3 players should be doing the best.
jord
that doesn't mean i don't get why they've gone in this direction. they lauched the best marketing campaign for a game i've seen in a while in an effort to get those cod ex pats that were going to be disatisfied with the latest rehash to jump ship to a now similar FPS and thus that FPS needs to have a very small learning curve, shiny graphics and the ability to take out everyone else so they don't get raped on the carrier,ragequit and go back to where they came from (mw series).
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6287|Pacific NW, USA
Spot on.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I miss having different factions.  They could have had the EU, Chinese and Arabs as well as US vs. Russia.  With 6 maps each.

The whole way BF3 was managed just stinks.  It's like someone drew a concept for a map and they said OKAY, LETS DO IT.  HAVE IT ON MY DESK BY MONDAY, DURP

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-01-29 14:26:43)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
All of the problems BF2 had could have been fixed with common sense and a little innovation.  Make AA automatically shoot down enemy aircraft if they get too close to the airfield.  Have a list people sign up for to use aircraft, and give them more aircrafts on vehicle maps.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

Spearhead wrote:

All of the problems BF2 had could have been fixed with common sense and a little innovation.  Make AA automatically shoot down enemy aircraft if they get too close to the airfield.  Have a list people sign up for to use aircraft, and give them more aircrafts on vehicle maps.
Don't really need more people flying and not capping though. Always find it funny when most of the people are in the air not playing the objective.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Well I think the problem with BF3 in particular is that they tried to make even the vehicle - centric maps too friendly to infantry.  A map like Coral Sea, where practically everyone is entitled to an aircraft, would be awesome.  Combine that with an El Alamein armored-based map and you have a classic....
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Don't really need more people flying and not capping though. Always find it funny when most of the people are in the air not playing the objective.
whenever im in the air (heli or jet) I always make sure I put some firepower down on the flags my team are attacking.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
gurdeep
­
+812|4752|proll­y

Spearhead wrote:

lol
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Stole the opposite teams LAV on Seine Rush and kept it for the rest of the round.

Got a nasty rage message after the round.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5902|CA

jord wrote:

that doesn't mean i don't get why they've gone in this direction. they lauched the best marketing campaign for a game i've seen in a while in an effort to get those cod ex pats that were going to be disatisfied with the latest rehash to jump ship to a now similar FPS and thus that FPS needs to have a very small learning curve, shiny graphics and the ability to take out everyone else so they don't get raped on the carrier,ragequit and go back to where they came from (mw series).
Exactly, and I hate this new OCD, 1 second attention-span type gamer that's being catered to these days.  What ever happened to the steep learning curve of a game that took weeks to master? Getting owned as a noob should be the incentive to learn the game and get better...
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

What is an example of a feature that would be in a battlefield game that would take a veteran player of the series weeks to master?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
A "no bitching" feature.
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!
I also liked how many server-messages said: be fair we've all been "noobs/beginners" sometime, and yes I have, but did ANYONE care?! FUCK NO!

noobs are supposed to get owned and cry , if that doesn't give them the motivation to get better , go play sims / football ...
gurdeep
­
+812|4752|proll­y
why can i use the sks when i havent unlocked it yet? no, not talking about picking one up off the ground. i can select it from spawn screen
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5762|Belgium
https://i.imgur.com/Q3VzR.png

Love this weapon.

@Gurdeep, it's standard for RU I believe.
jord

-Whiteroom- wrote:

A "no bitching" feature.
hey guess what bro, the game has some serious faults and the people here that have played previous titles have legitimate complaints about the direction in which the series is heading.

jsnipy wrote:

What is an example of a feature that would be in a battlefield game that would take a veteran player of the series weeks to master?
well weeks isn't really a timeframe because you could be playing any amount of time in those weeks. I'm not gonna put some arbitary hourly number on things, but to "master" infantry combat in bf2 took a lot longer than in bf3, and to "master" heli's/jet's took a lot longer in bf2 as well. Getting 9/10 dumb bomb hits was so much more satisfying than lining up on a tank and firing rocket pods from really far away, gunning it and then firing a 2nd set of rockets to kill it.

Last edited by jord (2012-01-30 09:08:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard