jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

its not great, after a star doubt id use it again
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
Kharg Island has become my favorite map.  But, it is also the map played the worst.  US team always seems to go from A to C to E while forgetting about the other points.  I stay back and do a clean up job after capping C and im always alone.  It pisses me off so much that people dont fucking think before moving on.

Also i found the best anti tank class is support with C4 and not any other class.  The same thing goes for AA for choppers.  Itz far easier to just put a round into somenes brain rather than shoot it down with a man portable AA.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5901|CA

aerodynamic wrote:

Anybody knowmhow to get rid of horrendous tearing without vsync?
As soon as i turn vsync on i get horrible input lag.
Increase your video settings to reduce your FPS?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

5 DPV kills for my last assignment
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6602|Greenwood, IN
GGs and this is how my screen ended up being at the end of the night.  lol

https://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb443/jskilnyk/BattleField%203/BF3MyWay.png
Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
PKP is too easy to kill with. Its like the AEK on steroids.

https://i42.tinypic.com/2akfv55.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

Naturn wrote:

GGs and this is how my screen ended up being at the end of the night.  lol

we emptied that server out. when we joined it was 64player+3queue, after that round there were <20 players left.

stories
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340

jsnipy wrote:

Thats exactly what I did. But it still was a pain.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

mtb0minime wrote:

I got most of them on Wake by going in circles at the airfield.
In Conquest small and Rush modes you can spawn at the main island as US with a DPV next to you.

Oman is another choice, with DPVs spawning at the beach flags for US.
Pick one, cruise around on the beach and return as soon as someone caps the flag and/or spawns.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

mtb0minime wrote:

Oman, i used the one around the construction site (appears when US hold flag). Remember road kills count
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6186|Bay Area, CA

jsnipy wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Oman, i used the one around the construction site (appears when US hold flag). Remember road kills count
I did it on Oman as well. I would just cruise it up to an enemy flag and jump into the second seat and gunned down peeps spawning. Was pretty easy to do.
Flawless
Rage
+7|4651|North Carolina
Always love a good admin who team switches you when you kill him.

Funny thing is auto balance switched me back and he kicked me lol.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/58922/haha.jpg.jpg

Last edited by Jimbob23 (2012-01-23 11:08:00)

jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
yeah admins are a tad worse than bf2, but that's to be expected with the massive influx of COD mongs
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California
A tad worse? From what I gather reading PC player's posts here they're a lot worse.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
jord
no people just don't accurately remember things from 5+ years ago. Rose tinted glasses etc. If you adjust your calculations by factoring in nostalgic rose tinted glasses they're just a tad worse.
jord
and i say that as a person that's probably kicked from more servers than anyone else here.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6323|Australia

Sisco wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Thats exactly what I did. But it still was a pain.
Why did you bother? You can get unlimited stars with any weapon, so it's not like you're missing out on a whole bunch of points if you just stick to your favorite guns.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

in short: fun

sheng long: It is a matter of OCD of starring up on every type of weapon.

I am conscious that I would score more points/have a higher KDR if I played assault with a single rifle type all of the time playing metro, or stayed in mobile AA every game, or use support with M249 and clays. I have fun sticking to a certain task and seeing it though. This is of course unless I'm trying to team-play, which for me most of the time does not happen unless I get on with regulars.

It's surprising to see to how different some weapons feel after you use it consistently (and with some unlocks).
jord
I try a few differnent ones but I mostly get bored of them pretty quickly, within their respective classes they're all pretty interchangable with few unique characteristics, compared to bf2/css/etc
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

jord wrote:

I try a few differnent ones but I mostly get bored of them pretty quickly, within their respective classes they're all pretty interchangable with few unique characteristics, compared to bf2/css/etc
Sounds like generalisation, and not true.

There are some redundant weapons in each class (and i can see some boredom there). But there are some interesting combinations along with PDWs and shotguns. Certainly more than BF2. Not sure how BF2 event compares in that regard.
Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I always play with a different weapon on occasion when I get bored of using the same gun. But ultimately you're gimping yourself playing with a gun like the PDW, I know since I service starred it.
jord

jsnipy wrote:

jord wrote:

Sounds like generalisation, and not true.

There are some redundant weapons in each class (and i can see some boredom there). But there are some interesting combinations along with PDWs and shotguns. Certainly more than BF2. Not sure how BF2 event compares in that regard.
My point was that within a certain catagory of weapon (Assault rifle, sniper rifle, smg, shotgun,lmg) the weapons in other games all handle and behave differently. The playstyle with the m16 was a lot differnent than with the AK101 for example. That goes for CSS too. In bf3 they're all kinda interchangable in that they behave very similar to one another. It's not like there's massive differences between the damage on lmg's, or accuracy of the m4 compared to the ak, or the m16, or the l85. They're all just kinda bland different looking skins with small differences that can be mastered inside an hour.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
fuck sq dm
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

why? You think it would be the most skillful mode for infantry skill (if it does not have a vehicle)
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4839|Amsterdam

jsnipy wrote:

why? You think it would be the most skillful mode for infantry skill (if it does not have a vehicle)
Yeah, you'd think....
If it wasnt so broken

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard