Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5189|Sydney
Or you could just do an OHP instead.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6665

did a lot of pushups today and a run as well just before i tried to do some one handed push ups but couldnt do it its not that im not strogn enough i just couldnt work out how to balance it right i dont get it how it works and my spine cracked but that happens sometimes
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK

mtb0minime wrote:

did a lot of pushups today and a run as well just before i tried to do some one handed push ups but couldnt do it its not that im not strogn enough i just couldnt work out how to balance it right i dont get it how it works and my spine cracked but that happens sometimes
Your legs have to be very wide.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6297|eng
I like M-100s, they're a quick and good way to get cardio done. Although on days that I go to the gym I do a thing called Interval Training which seems to do a good job.

Also, thought i'd share as it's somewhat on topic. In march 2010 I was 14.5 stone/92kg @ 6ft and decided I needed to lose some weight. I did something called the Dukan diet which is essentially just eating beef, chicken or turkey for every meal for every day. I did that until about September 2010 which is when I started uni, and by this point I think i'd lost about 2 stone/13kg, but I still wanted to lose more.
So I basically decided to just eat 2 normal sized meals a day coupled with a pretty small amont of exercise. During the year of uni I lost about another stone/6kg, and I was about 6ft 1 by then. So that's about 11.5 stone/73kg by about June 2011.
Since then I still only eat 2 meals a day, as I feel I don't really have the appetite for 3 meals, but I eat healthier too. Or try my best to. I've lost a further stone/6kg or so since then, probably also due to the massive increase in exercise,  so i'm now 10.5 stone/67kg @ 6ft 1 and probably a little underweight, but I don't look scrawny at all which is good. So a successful diet and I feel great :}

Just thought i'd share, maybe some other people are looking to lose weight. It's really not a difficult thing to do as long as you eat less and eat better in the long wrong, coupled with exercise it works wonders
#rekt
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney
Sounds good man, glad it worked out for you

Myth: High protein diets make you fat.

Fact: There is no doubt that eating too much protein will pack on the pounds-but so will eating too many calories from carbs or fat! Weight gain is governed by the law of thermodynamics: if you consume more calories than you expend, you'll gain weight. Consequently, it's not protein per se that causes weight gain; it's an over consumption of calories. No matter what you eat, if you consume too much of it, you'll ultimately end up getting fat.

In actuality, if you were to eat a meal containing only protein, carbs, or fat, the protein meal would cause the least amount of weight gain. You see, a large percentage of calories from protein are burned off in the digestion process. This is called the thermic effect of food. Of all the macronutrients, protein has the highest thermic effect, burning off approximately 25 percent of protein of the calories consumed . In comparison, only 15 percent of the calories from carbs are burned off in digestion; fat has virtually no thermic effect whatsoever . Thus, all other things being equal, a high protein diet would be less likely to cause fat deposition than either a high carb or high fat diet.

Moreover, unlike carbs, protein doesn't stimulate a significant insulin response. Insulin is a storage hormone. While its primary purpose is to neutralize blood sugar, it also is responsible for shuttling fat into adipocytes (fat cells). When carbohydrates are ingested, the pancreas secretes insulin to clear blood sugar from the circulatory system. Depending on the quantities and types of carbs consumed, insulin levels can fluctuate wildly, heightening the possibility of fat storage. Since protein's effect on insulin secretion is negligible, the potential for fat storage is diminished

What's more, the consumption of protein tends to increase the production of glucagon, a hormone that opposes the effect of insulin. Since a primary function of glucagon is to signal the body to burn fat for fuel, fat loss, rather than fat gain, tends to be promoted.
http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/articles/ … rticle.htm
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5494|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Mint Sauce wrote:

It's really not a difficult thing to do as long as you eat less and eat better in the long wrong, coupled with exercise it works wonders
completely agree, it's really not that hard.  honestly you don't even need exercise, just eat less
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney
Exercise will cause greater fat loss though.
HaiBai
not really.  you can just eat less.  eating less and burning calories both result in the same amount of fat loss
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

What type of shirts do you guys prefer when weightlifting? Short/longsleeve, cotton/polyester, etc?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6682|UK
depends whats clean cotton T's to adidas sleeveless dri fit type shit. 

for cardio its always a sleeveless dri fit top to wick away the sweat/keep cool
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam
I always just throw on an old cotton t-shirt when i exercise, cardio or lifting.
Ive had some cold winter work-out days in my basement. On those i would just wear an old hoodie until i warmed up, then it was back to just a shirt.
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney

HaiBai wrote:

not really.  you can just eat less.  eating less and burning calories both result in the same amount of fat loss
No, it doesn't.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51

bugz wrote:

What type of shirts do you guys prefer when weightlifting? Short/longsleeve, cotton/polyester, etc?
I use these adidas/nike dri-fit football shirts. Short sleeve.
HaiBai

Jaekus wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

No, it doesn't.
sure, exercising has added benefits such as improving your aerobic or anaerobic performance and stuff like that, but weight gain is all about the amount of calories you consume compared to the amount of calories you burn.  your body does not care if you consumed less calories, or if you just burned them all off.

if calories consumed - calories burned < 0, you're going to lose weight/fat
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4853|Amsterdam

RDMC wrote:

bugz wrote:

Where do you work out?
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney

HaiBai wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

No, it doesn't.
sure, exercising has added benefits such as improving your aerobic or anaerobic performance and stuff like that, but weight gain is all about the amount of calories you consume compared to the amount of calories you burn.  your body does not care if you consumed less calories, or if you just burned them all off.

If you don't work out you lose muscle, and a lot of it.

If you do work out you will lose more fat.

Percentage-wise the difference is significant. The actual weight loss will be the same, the fat:muscle ratio will be significantly different.

That's how it works on a cut. It's simple science and I'm surprised you aren't aware.
HaiBai

Jaekus wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

No, it doesn't.

If you don't work out you lose muscle, and a lot of it.

If you do work out you will lose more fat.

Percentage-wise the difference is significant. The actual weight loss will be the same, the fat:muscle ratio will be significantly different.

That's how it works on a cut. It's simple science and I'm surprised you aren't aware.
actually yeah, you're right, my bad.  for some reason i was thinking of one of those 300 pound humans asking someone how to lose fat.  obviously, their goal wouldn't really be to maintain muscle, just to lose fat.  but you're definately right about people who lift and then proceed to cut.  in fact, i do the same
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney
It's all when you said "fat" loss. If you had simply said "weight" loss, no argument there.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6575|Area 51

Kampframmer wrote:

RDMC wrote:

bugz wrote:

Where do you work out?
Fit for Free.

Last edited by RDMC (2012-01-24 06:23:13)

Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney

bugz wrote:

Shirtless.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma

Jaekus wrote:

bugz wrote:

Shirtless.
any tshirt that needs washing from the day before normally
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

Jaekus wrote:

bugz wrote:

Shirtless.
Works alright at home, but I think the gym I go to might frown on that
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6301|Washington St.
I go shirtless AND pantsless. what now fool?

naw I usually wear some sort of athletic shirt, I have both long and short sleeve. If they have all been used before I do laundry then whatever semi-dirty shirt I have works. Something light preferably, ie no wool sweaters...
Jaekus
+957|5189|Sydney
Just too humid here in a sub-tropical climate. Even track pants get too hot...
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6334|New Haven, CT
Cotton shirt and shorts. I like having some semblance of padding when doing squats.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard