stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

Code7 fails at life for releasing a press release.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6585|Here.
Inability to squad hope = inability to rotate squad leaders = inability to spawn at a flag when needed. I dont squad hop, but I will rotate a squad.

I imagine this is a breaking point for c7, and the inability to squad hop was the final straw..
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

stryyker wrote:

For real man.  Why would they think anyone gave a shit enough to the point where they need a "press release." 
What is next, a news conference and a ceremony?

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-05-22 18:37:37)

Defiance
+438|6694

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

For real man.  Why would they think anyone gave a shit enough to the point where they need a "press release." 
Because they're the best clan in the world.

Some peole care about this stuff. Say what you want, but enough people have read it to make the 5 minutes of typing worth it.

*Mocks the blind*
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

Defiance wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Some peole care about this stuff. Say what you want, but enough people have read it to make the 5 minutes of typing worth it.

*Mocks the blind*
lol @ blind joke.

but seriously, this is a GAME we are talking about here, i mean if a research team disbanded thats news that can affect people, but this, this is in no way life altering (unless some code7 members jump off a cliff, that kind of thing )
Hyper
Banned
+154|6773
press release**************************************************

****************************HYPERROCKS*************HEREALLYDOES**********LDCISDS?*******************thatisallthankyou************************************************

Last edited by Hyper (2006-05-22 18:58:22)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

stryyker wrote:

Defiance wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

*Mocks the blind*
lol @ blind joke.

but seriously, this is a GAME we are talking about here, i mean if a research team disbanded thats news that can affect people, but this, this is in no way life altering (unless some code7 members jump off a cliff, that kind of thing )
No No No Stryyker......I heard you can put BF2 accomplishments on resumes and job applications now.
Defiance
+438|6694

stryyker wrote:

lol @ blind joke.

Yes, it is a game. But like football fans (both kinds of football), both fans and athletes can take it very seriously.

Same thing here. People take competitive gameplay very seriously, because speaking from experience, it's alot of work.

When I played in hi levels of CAL in CS:S I would come home from school, get my homework done enough to earn me a passing grade (read: half assed) and play CS for many hours a day just to keep my skill up, let alone raising it.

I could get that skill back, which I've lost as a result of switching to BF2, but get back to me in a month of that same routine.

usmarine2005 wrote:

No No No Stryyker......I heard you can put BF2 accomplishments on resumes and job applications now.
Welcome to the realm of ignorance.

Yes, in some companies, particularly gaming companies, you can. Why? Because if you're on a good team that means you can follow instructions and cooperate with people you often find shitheaded. It's not singlular skill, it's teamplay.

Similar to the corporate world much?

Last edited by Defiance (2006-05-22 19:03:42)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6784

You think some HR tool gives a rats ass about BF2, come one man.
Defiance
+438|6694

usmarine2005 wrote:

You think some HR tool gives a rats ass about BF2, come one man.
on*

Anyways,

God damnit man read the fucking post!

Defiance wrote:

It's not singlular skill, it's teamplay.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6866|Bryan/College Station, TX
Adapt and overcome.
The want of some is not the want of all.
Win some, Lose some.

Balance of the game is more important than the opinion of a few. Public servers are not Clan tournament servers. DICE listened to the opinions of those who wanted this change. Obviously the reasoning for those against these changes were not good enough to disuade DICE from implementing the changes.

Most people argue about change not because they are looking out for the better of the people. They argue change because it means they lose something that effects them personally. If it didn't effect them then you would not hear argument. Misery loves company.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6743|California

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Defiance wrote:

*Mocks the blind*
lol @ blind joke.

that will fly far.

"what skills do you have?"

"OMFG 1 4m t3h l337 p15y3r 1|\| 8F2"
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6812|Singapore

How about all my shinies! Do they count towards my salary too?
Darky
Hi..
+71|6585|Here.

stryyker wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

stryyker wrote:

lol @ blind joke.

that will fly far.

"what skills do you have?"

"OMFG 1 4m t3h l337 p15y3r 1|\| 8F2"
Companies like Freaks-Network, who host numerous games, are run by, well, gamers. That means your more likely to get a job there if you know your games, as opposed to cars etc.

Although you'd want to say, 'In my spare time I play BF2' as opposed to the dribble that just came out of your mouth.
mikkel
+383|6624

Vilham wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Vilham wrote:

quite clearly not in a clan and therefore you dont understand how to play in a squad properly.
That's like saying that only people who play with the same team every single time know how to play football.

I think you're a little too full of yourself.
no its not in anyway what so ever. its saying that if your not in a squad playing with TS and cooperating properly you not using the squad system well or properly. Might want to read all post first too.
And how does not playing in a clan prevent you from using voice comm and cooperating?
JimCognito
+10|6703
A claan issues a press release?  I've seen some nerdly things in my life but this is top ten on the list.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6804

some folks take bf2 way too seriously...
panderiz
+32|6789
Code7 sooks, and all you noobs that think teamwork will suffer are blind/retarded/nubs

IT ONLY AFFECTS PEOPLE CONSTANTLY SWITCHING SQUADS NOT ALL SQUADING.

IF A SQUAD IS ALREADY ESTABLISHED THEY CAN SPAWN OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THE SQUAD LEADER IF THEY DIE, BUT IF THEY DIE THEY CAN'T SPAWN ON ANOTHER SQUAD LEADER STRAIGHT AWAY

ffs :'-( whinge, whinge, is all I hear from the majority of the community, fucking girls (no offence to girls)

Last edited by panderiz (2006-05-22 22:52:12)

Darky
Hi..
+71|6585|Here.

panderiz wrote:

Code7 sooks, and all you noobs that think teamwork will suffer are blind/retarded/nubs

IT ONLY AFFECTS PEOPLE CONSTANTLY SWITCHING SQUADS NO ALL SQUADING.

IF A SQUAD IS ALREADY ESTABLISHED THEY CAN SPAWN OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THE SQUAD LEADER IF THEY DIE, BUT IF THEY DIE THEY CAN'T SPAWN ON ANOTHER SQUAD LEADER STRAIGHT AWAY

ffs :''( whinge, whinge, is all I hear from the majority of the community, fucking girls (no offence to girls)
But you cant rotate squad leaders within a squad. Therein lies the problem.
panderiz
+32|6789
Of course not< thats why the squad leader needs to be just that, a leader, currently there is no such thing as a proper squad leader.

Rotating requires fuck all skill, this change will take some adjustment but will make teamwork more prominent.

Although the squad leader may not be as happy/active, but thats the role, same as commander (BORING)
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6728|Antarctica

panderiz wrote:

IT ONLY AFFECTS PEOPLE CONSTANTLY SWITCHING SQUADS NOT ALL SQUADING.

ffs :'-( whinge, whinge, is all I hear from the majority of the community, fucking girls (no offence to girls)
...........caps + stupid content + bad reason to post = ^that.
panderiz
+32|6789
get over the caps, they are there for a reason, who cares about code7.  Best in the world at crying like school girls.

get over squad changes, they are happening, same as c4 same as other changes, don't like it go watch some pron and go blind
panderiz
+32|6789
lol instead of making a response noobs leave a -1, karma lol.

personally the change isn't needed as the game only has a couple of months before everyone bails onto something new.  Poor mods makers...

I'd rather see bugs fixed and content extended. ie maps without bs expansions

Last edited by panderiz (2006-05-22 23:06:12)

ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6589|Illinois
I think that everyone is crying too much. People bitch and the game gets changed, then people bitch that the game got changed. I actually prefer having a game whose mechanics change. Things get old and stale after a while. As far as clan play, if you're so good then adapt and continue to play good. Instead of bitching about not being able to squad cycle work on other things that will ultimately benefit you. Such as, NOT DYING and defending flags (if its harder for you to cap flags then it is also harder for the other team, so defend those flags and make it impossible.)

In all honesty though this will effect league play, probably significantly. The average match will be a lot longer. Basically if you're not having fun anymore, then quit. Just don't whine about it. Who knows maybe EA will decide that the game is better with it and switch it back.
Sheep of War
+40|6666
who is codeseven?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard