-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California

UnkleRukus wrote:

Oh wait, you play on the shitbox. 10x more people lasing helis on pc.
Oh good observation! I didn't think about that.

The cool thing about 64 players though is that a "front line" forms. In xbox 360 it's way too easy to sneak around and capture objectives.

When there are too many people lasing or MANPADing us I just hover far away out of range and my friends uses zoom optics to kick ass. Went 83-4 once doing that.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

UnkleRukus wrote:

Choppers stand very little chance against a good jav/soflam team.

Also, once again shifty doesnt know what hes talking about.
I disagree with your statement. Maybe if the soflam "team" is sat facing the runway and has dedicated the round to taking out solely the chopper. Usually that's not the case and they'll be distracted by whatever else they can take out, at which point a decent heli team will have spotted the big red light, used ecm and destroyed soflam and the mongs that placed it.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA
If im using the jav, i dedicate myself to keeping the heli down. I make sure the soflam guys know that.

Granted soflam/jav teams are quite easy to kill in the heli. I play both (tough when there are never any good pilots in the servers.)
Lasing is definitly something that made this game way too easy.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

jord wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

I disagree with your statement. Maybe if the soflam "team" is sat facing the runway and has dedicated the round to taking out solely the chopper. Usually that's not the case and they'll be distracted by whatever else they can take out, at which point a decent heli team will have spotted the big red light, used ecm and destroyed soflam and the mongs that placed it.
okay , so now I want an awnser from you personally jord : when the javelin is fired already , will the missile miss by using ecm?

in my experience , not a single fucking time
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

thepilot91 wrote:

jord wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

okay , so now I want an awnser from you personally jord : when the javelin is fired already , will the missile miss by using ecm?

No, but if you have found the soflam/jav team, it is possible to maximise the time until a rocket is fired by correctly timing the ECM, thus giving you the chance to take them out.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

Sisco wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

jord wrote:

No, but if you have found the soflam/jav team, it is possible to maximise the time until a rocket is fired by correctly timing the ECM, thus giving you the chance to take them out.
well thats just sad...if a tank is moving too fast it'll miss , if a chopper interrupts the LASERTARGETING , which is the only thing making it at all track the chopper = nothing...
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
proximity scanner+thermal optics+coxail lmg+dedicated engineer talking to you on teamspeak.

just went 55-5 with matt. we had a bad team, lost by 300 tickets but still managed to pull off a good score.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Wait what's the point of the thermal optics? You can't even see people now that they changed it.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Wait what's the point of the thermal optics? You can't even see people now that they changed it.
they didn't change thermal optics?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
he plays console.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
It's a whole different world on console with 12v12.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6188|Bay Area, CA

13/f/taiwan wrote:

proximity scanner+thermal optics+coxail lmg+dedicated engineer talking to you on teamspeak.

just went 55-5 with matt. we had a bad team, lost by 300 tickets but still managed to pull off a good score.
Nice. Honestly I think the most important thing is having someone willing to repair you all round over perk choices. In comms is even better. Personally I like cannister over the lmg and ir smoke to shake the javelin nubs, but getting repaired is what really makes the difference and can usually lead to an mvp ribbon. Hopefully that doesn't get nerfed too much in whatever upcoming patch is ahead.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.

13/f/taiwan wrote:

we would have done a lot better on that round in seine had I not been going for caps as well as trying to RPG roc and ig to get my service star.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
gurdeep
­
+812|4753|proll­y

13/f/taiwan wrote:

since when do you have a mic scrub
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
since now. get on dauntless' teamspeak.
gurdeep
­
+812|4753|proll­y
>ts
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال
https://i.imgur.com/Uu3me.jpg
y is this pos not destructible
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

I lay down a soflam in the corner of the map then hop in a tank with guided shell and camp in another corner of the map. Fun times.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

Beduin wrote:

Has to be manned.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5748|شمال

Sisco wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Has to be manned.
and that i dunlike
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6369|Stealth on Grand Bazaar
Tanking:

I've tried Thermal Optics and Zoom as viable secondary options for the tank. Here are my thoughts:

On certain maps Thermal Optics are outstanding - Damavand Peak on conquest in the tunnels they are fantastic. Easy kills and high K/D. BUT they lack the crispness that Zoom has. At range it's hard to get dead on 1 shot kills with shells. Zoom on the other hand helps pop infantry at range and aids in accurate targeting on vehicles/tanks armour.

I prefer a combo of Reactive Armour/Zoom/Cannister Shell.

These are my reasons:

Zoom is useful on ANY map, you don't need thermal if you got your wits about you and with the proximity scan on the tank it's very easy to pick infantry up or look with third person view to find them.

Reactive Armour is a godsend for any tanker, it allows you to receive hits from AT (often with no damage sustained) and track the origin on the shot. The amount of times I've been hit by Javelins or AT and sustained no damage is unreal. Very helpful verses multiple targets.

Cannister Shell ties into Reactive Armour in that it 1 shot kills infantry at range (sometimes extreme) and AT will usually want to pop out for another shot thinking (falsely I may add) that the hitmarker they receive means they have damaged the tank. Even if they have, Cannister shot decimates at range.

Thermal is useful, especially with light armour (APC's etc) but I find zoom the most reliable. It also allows you to scout spot ahead with more detail and hone in on long range targets.

Unless you're a very organised tanker duo or get a combo of jet/chopper/tank on tank I can often come out well ahead (30-40+ kills with 2 deaths) even when on my own. I think this is down to this tri-combo. Cannister Shell also often mops up repairers to the rear of the vehicle if placed correctly. Give it a go!
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>using canister shells over the LMG

Last edited by Roc18 (2012-01-30 08:00:22)

jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
thermal used to be a lot better in the tunnels on davamand. i was getting like a 800 spm in the tunnels there when it was 3 flags to 2 and they have no heli to fly over the top.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard