-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California
true dat
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6646

Kmar wrote:

Westboro Baptist Church Planning To Picket Funerals Of Children In Norway

.. please dispose of our trash

kthx
If they come to my country they're fucked.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4839|Amsterdam

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Westboro Baptist Church Planning To Picket Funerals Of Children In Norway

.. please dispose of our trash

kthx
It's a pity Anders Breivik wasn't born in Kansas.
I dislike WBC with a passion. If somebody from WBC dies I'd like to see their funeral picketted.
Sh1fty, your less than inches away from being just like them.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Kampframmer wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's a pity Anders Breivik wasn't born in Kansas.
I dislike WBC with a passion. If somebody from WBC dies I'd like to see their funeral picketted.
I'm miles from them Kampf. I cannot believe you would compare somebody like me to those hateful, cruel people and their ridiculous cult.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

Kmar wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

"Norway prohibits hate speech, and defines it as publicly making statements that threaten or ridicule someone or that incite hatred, persecution or contempt for someone due to their skin colour, ethnic origin, homosexual life style or orientation or, religion or philosophy of life"

"In 1981, Norway became the first country to establish a criminal penalty (a fine or imprisonment for up to two years) for public threats, defamations, expressions of hate, or agitation for discrimination against LGBT persons"

-Wikipedia
Kinda weird, perhaps even ironic considering the amount of hate this Anders Behring Breivik gets to publicly share with the world now.
Well there's always going to be a difficult line to draw between free speech and hate speech.

Essentially, blind hate for the sake of abuse, one-upping, cheap shots, domination seem to be illegal (e.g. racist/anti-gay shouts at football grounds or bullying in schools), and I agree with this.

However, disagreeing with the concept of multiculturalism, being against influence from specific religions/ways-of-life, being against immigration tends to go under the ideas of free speech.. Which is dangerous to restrict.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I'm miles from them Kampf. I cannot believe you would compare somebody like me to those hateful, cruel people and their ridiculous cult.
The only difference between you and them is that you wouldn't picket a soldiers funeral. Big deal. That's the only reason people in the US hate them anyway, it ain't the other shit let's not kid around, it's just that and only that.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2012-01-17 11:16:48)

Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال
wow mek
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US

Mekstizzle wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

The only difference between you and them is that you wouldn't picket a soldiers funeral. Big deal. That's the only reason people in the US hate them anyway, it ain't the other shit let's not kid around, it's just that and only that.
Nah, they protested at one of my friend's memorial service (victim of an active shooter at a college).  I'd dislike them for any of their funeral protests.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
i'm honestly surprised no-one in america has just flipped and shot them all
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

FatherTed wrote:

i'm honestly surprised no-one in america has just flipped and shot them all
same

@Mek

I don't share their beliefs at all, and I also don't picket military funerals. That makes me leagues from their point of view.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Mekstizzle wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

If that's what you really think, then your levels of cluelessness on this particular topic truly know no bounds.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

I think Mek is pretty spot on...
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

Macbeth wrote:

I think Mek is pretty spot on...
Then I suggest that Mek and you provide some evidence to prove such allegations ... it's kinda over the edge in my book to call out someone to be inches away from the same believes as WBC.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

If you were here more often you would read some of the views shifty has on gays and realize that they aren't far from WBC. Thinking gays are going to hell and other stuff isn't uncommon around here.

If you want me to drag up post- not going to happen.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

If you were here more often you would read some of the views shifty has on gays and realize that they aren't far from WBC. Thinking gays are going to hell and other stuff isn't uncommon around here.

Thinking gays are going to hell because they violated scriptural tenets is a far cry from believing that "God hates fags" and "God is punishing the US by killing soldiers because we tolerate fags."

Seriously. There is a world of difference between those positions, even though I agree with neither.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
Or the idea that God wants mentally disturbed people to shoot college students because some portion of the population doesn't want to persecute homosexuals...

Yeah, pretty darn messed up ideas they have!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Macbeth wrote:

You're full of crap Mac and you don't know a damn thing I believe in.

Ever heard the term "love the sinner, hate the sin" ? That's exactly what true Christianity is about. You're not supposed to hate the person, you're supposed to hate their sin. Homosexuals used to be stoned to death, but the times have changed and so has the New Testament vs the old. Don't make me pull out scriptures here. Do you own freaknig research before you start saying I'm the equivalent to WBC minus picketting.

I dislike homosexuality. I don't dislike homosexuals, in fact I know several homos, lesbiens, and bis that I get along with just fine, they know my views and I know there's but we don't argue about it.

WBC thinks that God HATES just about everybody. I believe God LOVES everybody but hates their sin.

If your kid breaks something expensive of yours, or disobeys you, do you HATE that kid? No, you hate what he did, but you don't hate him.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5175|Sydney
I love it when religious people start banging on about god as if they actually know what he/she/it thinks/feels.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
religious people are full of hate
Tu Stultus Es
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney

eleven bravo wrote:

religious people are full of hate
And judgement of others.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

Jaekus wrote:

I love it when religious people start banging on about god as if they actually know what he/she/it thinks/feels.
It's not like he left us a book with specific guidelines to follow and where he expresses his feelings on pretty much every subject.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
you didnt capitalize "he"
Tu Stultus Es
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Guess I'm going to hell for that typo.
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

It's not like he left us a book with specific guidelines to follow and where he expresses his feelings on pretty much every subject.
Right, it's a book that is a collection of many other writings, other religions etc. put into one and called a bible. Written by men.

So it's all based on interpretation. Basically an epic game of Chinese Whispers that's gone on for two millenia.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6619|Little Bentcock

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

wow guys, he's learning!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard