rdx-fx
+955|6561

Uzique wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKupzPFgmQ

all of that looks such fucking shit in terms of quality and originality. only thing going for this game atm to me seems like voice acting. big deal. as if a 'story based' mmo is going to unseat the market dominance of WoW and the like. people want an mmo they can play hardcore and endgame in pvp and pve. this game's main selling points are voiced quest-chain dialogue and advertising the fact that if you reroll every class it's a different 'story'. people don't really give a shit about that sorta stuff in the grand scheme of things... they've over-invested time, money and effort in small distractions.
Storyline, voice acting, and casual play aren't your thing - we understand.

If you want hard-core pvp MMO, Eve is still around.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
oh man please don't mention eve i really don't want to defend it anymore
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
eve is so bad
Tu Stultus Es
rdx-fx
+955|6561

FatherTed wrote:

oh man please don't mention eve i really don't want to defend it anymore
Eve is a good game.
I quit playing it years ago.  Just too hard core for my tastes.
Too much ore grinding, too heavily favored the PVP and/or spreadsheet-geeks.
If you're into that, it's a great game.

SWTOR is more casual,
lower system requirements (see "it's not as pretty as BF3" complaints),
more PVE and story based,
easier leveling.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
i said it's not as pretty as WoW, a 10 year old game, not BF3. why would i compare an mmo to a brand-new, smaller scale fps?

this game has a massive development studio and financing behind it, yet it looks visually fucking awful. what's the excuse?

eve is 'hardcore', but of a very niche kind. it's not hardcore even in the same way as everquest or lineage is (more traditional mmo's). it's hardcore in the sense that you have to be bored fucking stiff for hours to get anywhere. eve is hardcore in the same way that grinding real life is hardcore: monotonous and dull, with the odd rare glimpse of excitement. it's also 2x as much as any other mmo for the privilege of subscription. no ty.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
rdx-fx
+955|6561
Uzi, I am not here to personally leave large steaming piles of shit in your breakfast cereal bowl. 
Really.

The BF3 comment wasn't aimed at you personally, it was hyperbole to illustrate a point.

The essential points of my previous post:
Eve appeals to the hard-core pvp and grindfest types
SWTOR is designed for casual story-based, narrative, PVE play (see system requirements and graphics demands)
If you want evenly matched, high-end graphics PVP, try BF3.

SWTOR is targeted at a demographic that doesn't include Uzique.

And Shifty has a character on Tarro Blood, apparently.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Winston_Churchill wrote:

most games give that for free.  or if the extra content costs money, they charge what it costs just to play that game for a month.
That's changing rapidly with paid DLC for non-MMO titles.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

most games give that for free.  or if the extra content costs money, they charge what it costs just to play that game for a month.
That's changing rapidly with paid DLC for non-MMO titles.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6629|The darkside of Denver
Maybe that's why I like it so much.  I mean, besides the fact that it's star wars.. I feel that I can play casually and still feel like a bad ass.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
I know I have only played the beta and didn't even get a level 20 character, but from my experience I didn't enjoy the game too much.

First off, it suffers like all mmorpg's do with being a fricken walkathon. No means of increasing the character's speed until you reach level 14.

I find it stupid that you can only achieve class quests by yourself, only way to get help is with someone who isn't the same class as you. Most areas at most have 2 different classes having a mission on the same area, so the probability of being able to get someone to help you in your quest is reduced.

Very few voice options when it comes to talking with people, some light and dark side choices I find retarded and shouldn't necesarily be a light side or dark side option.

British accents being the Sith Empire and American accents on the Republic, lol so stupid.

Class mirrors are so retarded, what's the point in going all the way to making a different class if its counterpart has the exact gameplay? May as well just call Jedis/siths force users and give each faction a trooper class. Warhammer Online did a better job at working on the mirror classes, they obviously had their similiarities but there were differences in gameplay as well. Oh gee, the Sith Inquisitor shoots lightning while its counterpart the Jedi Consular hurls rocks at people, whoop-dee-doo, such a nice difference.

Not to mention 3/4 classes can be healers, with that few classes it should be half or less be healers.

The common talent tree branch the 2 subclasses in the same class share is stupid, with such a high budget and development team, you could work on having a 3 different talent tree per subclass of a class instead of 2 different talent trees and a common talent tree.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
I have to give praise to bioware for managing to continue the constant disappointment of anything related to star wars, MMORPGs, and videogames in general with just a single title
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
hey guys look remember all those things you loved well fuck you go do something else
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
you know something is fucked up with the game when even war man makes a reasoned and convincing argument against it

this is a guy that thought world of tanks was a great mmo

sw:tor - 2/10.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Uzique wrote:

you know something is fucked up with the game when even war man makes a reasoned and convincing argument against it

this is a guy that thought world of tanks was a great mmo

sw:tor - 2/10.
I personally didn't consider World of Tank to be a mmo. I classify games as an MMO when there are at least 50 people in 1 fucking battle. I thought it was good, I still think it is a good game.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SonderKommando
Jeez, you dont have to try and make anyone who enjoys the game feel ignorant.

Sorry its not for you guys, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

The game looks far worse in screenshots and videos than it does when you are playing it, I am not sure why. I have been happy enough with the graphics so far and it definitely looks better than WoW, must have been some low quality videos you were watching if you think that.

I dont really think the game will last 7 years or whatever and I dont really care honestly, I'll probably play for a couple of months and then play D3 or whatever is coming out. I am not really sure how you can say its a shit game that no-one should ever play if you can play it for a month or two and get hundreds of hours out of it. They would have been much better off not making it an MMO thats for sure, in that they would avoid all the increased headaches of making raids and shit and also not have to be involved with MMO players who I still think are the worst subset of people who play games by far.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
just ordered it :S
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
WHen I buy it how much initial game time do i get? or do I have to buy the game then pay subscription?
rdx-fx
+955|6561

SonderKommando wrote:

Jeez, you dont have to try and make anyone who enjoys the game feel ignorant.

Sorry its not for you guys, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.
Same.  Enjoyable game.
Not going to hold the attention of the obsessive Advanced Spreadsheets & Schedules types though.
(and thank fuck for that!)

Plenty of interface improvements to be made, once the other bugs and balancing issues are sorted out.
Makes perfect sense to have a simple, unified, no-customization, easy to debug interface for launch too.

As far as MMO launches go, it has been a rather well planned, well executed launch.

GR34 wrote:

WHen I buy it how much initial game time do i get? or do I have to buy the game then pay subscription?
30 days free game time.  But it will ask for a credit card anyways.

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

The game looks far worse in screenshots and videos than it does when you are playing it, I am not sure why
Apparently the ingame graphics are set to medium if you select medium or high options, and low if you select low.
Developer posts indicate they had issues with the high graphics settings in Beta, so they're leaving them turned off for now.

An understandable mentality of "get the baseline functionality working, then worry about pretty and customization".
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

quality writing
Adams_BJ
what servers and sides are everyone on?
SonderKommando

Adams_BJ wrote:

Empire- lvl 31 Sith Warrior Juggernaut-Wound in the Force

If you roll on this server I'll help anyway i can!

Last edited by SonderKommando (2012-01-03 09:54:36)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Spoiler alert: Vader is Luke's father.
Adams_BJ

SonderKommando wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Empire- lvl 31 Sith Warrior Juggernaut-Wound in the Force

If you roll on this server I'll help anyway i can!
looks like that's where Ill start then. I'll make a Darth Maul style dude, how original of me!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Spoiler alert: Vader is Luke's father.
Yeah, 4,000 years after the events of the Old Republic games, lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard