Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6754|Hell, p.o box 666

nah come on! Dont take out the flyboy maps!!! The rotation was pretty good like it was! And also two urbancity maps in a row suck!

By the way, I dont think Karkand is the best fill the server map! Some days the server is quite unpopulated and it takes more then a hour to get a game started! For shure, Karkand is the most popular map, but you know, there is nothing you can do while waiting to get the game started!

Sry for spelling today, I´m damn drunk atm!

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-05-20 10:09:02)

l41e
+677|6645

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

Sry for spelling today, I´m damn drunk atm!
Hence every sentence having an exclamation point at the end?
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

WE NEED TO CHANGE THE MAP ROTATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Kubra, Clean Sweep and Zatar in a row are practically unbearable.  I enjoy the EU server but I don't particularly enjoy being some jet whore's bitch over and over and over and over and over.  if your pilots suck then there is absolutely nothing you can do.

I can deal with Kubra and Zatar but Clean Sweep in unbearable...for the millionth time, take out clean sweep and replace it with another round of sharqi.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands
The rotation i had in mind as just my personal idea of a good rotation. I agree changes are needed to get more guys to stay on the server. The server has been empty a lot this week and thats not a good thing imo. It seems everyone has a different taste in maps tho so its difficult to satisfy everyone.

So id say change at least one of the maps every week or just change the regular rotation around a bit. Karkand is the best map to start the server cause the us and mec flags are quite close compared to other popular maps. I ve experimented with sharqi and oman as a starting map but these maps seem harder then karkand so i suggest we keep using karkand as a starting map. Daqing is not a good second map and often when i m starting the server i ll just skip it. Alot of ppl will disconnect as soon as they seen daqing and its to big to play with only 15 guys. Saturday afternoon last week i had difficulties starting the server. We played karkand, sharqi, as soon as oman came on everyone but about 12 guys left so i changed it back to karkand to try and get more guys on. After 2 rounds of karkand the server was almost full again and i changed the next map to sharqi, mashtuur and back to karkand again and at that time there were enough regulars on to keep it going with the normal rotation. We need to change something about it for sure.
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany
How about we change the the map rotation from:
-karkand
-daqing oilfields
-sharqi
-Oman
-mashtuur
-kubra
-clean sweep
-zatar

to:
-karkand
-daqing oilfields
-sharqi
-Oman
-mashtuur
-kubra
-karkand(+)
-clean sweep
-sharqi(+)
-zatar
-mashtuur(+)
-Songhua stalemate/Dragon Valley/Wake(Just another map so we have a bit more diversity between last mash and upcoming karkand
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

I personally miss Dragon Walley and Wake, would like to see them in there somewhere !

Hence i miss the Peoples Medallion ;-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

i got no problem with dancer's line up.  the key is to alternate city with airmaps so that people don't lose interest.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

B.Schuss wrote:

that will depend on wether chuy would want more ads on the page.
There are ads?
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6696|U.S

Thepope319 wrote:

Come and play [RaCo] RAnked server 24/7 warlord map we are looking for people to join us if interested server ip is xxx.xx.xxx.xxx. Standard port. Send me a pm and ill give u my xfire name if you are interested.
dont put up someone elses server when we are talking about chuys servers.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands

ghettoperson wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

that will depend on wether chuy would want more ads on the page.
There are ads?
Yes there are ads on the stats page and there's 2 ads of our sponsors on the home page. Maybe your anti ad program is killing the pictures. I ve got norton internet security 06 and i dont see any pics on homepage myself if its turned on.

Edit:

bmb|danCer wrote:

to:
-karkand
-daqing oilfields
-sharqi
-Oman
-mashtuur
-kubra
-karkand(+)
-clean sweep
-sharqi(+)
-zatar
-mashtuur(+)
-Songhua stalemate/Dragon Valley/Wake(Just another map so we have a bit more diversity between last mash and upcoming karkand
Sounds okay but i m not sure if its possible to put maps in 2 times with this rcon program.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-05-22 01:37:21)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6838|Cologne, Germany

well, you can't please everyone with the mapcycle. I'd love to alternate city maps with air maps all the way, but we don't have enough city maps, I am afraid. I have no problem taking out clean sweep and Kubra and replace them with fushee pass and/ or Dragon Valley. Those are not as open and therefore not so hard on the jet-haters. Also, they are much better looking.

I have reservations against Wake, since I think it is the most unbalanced map ever. Even if the USMC has good pilots, the F-35's usually don't stand a chance against the J-10's and the whole round becomes a jetwhore heaven...

I haven't tried to put in Karkand or Sharqui more than once, but I will do so this evening. Maybe it works out.

Personally, I would have nothing against City maps only ( Karkand, Sharqui, Mashtuur ), but I don't think our flyboys would like that too much..

I could also make the cycle considerably shorter, only 6 maps or so. The three city maps + Oman, Fushee and Dragon Valley.
Slayer
---hates you

na come on! Dragon Valley and Fushee are t3h suxx0rz. For real, those maps suck a bad time! We have had them in the rotation before and people just disconnected when those maps came along.

I remember some good battles on kubra (erm, ok, me is always sitting in a plane ) so please don't take this one out.

Also, I haven't played Zatar on this server by now. Why?
B.Schuss

well, I certainly would take Dragon Valley or Fushee Pass over Clean Sweep or Kubra Dam any day, but that's just me.

Why you haven't played Zatar yet ? I guess because it is the last map in the cycle and we don't alwys get to play it on a normal night.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

my 2 cents on my favorite airmaps in order:

1) Oman
2) Daqing
3) Dalian Plant (i wonder why nobody likes this map)
4) Dragon Valley
5) Kubra
6) Fushee Pass
7) Zatar
8) Clean Sweep
9) Wake

lastly, i actually  like songhua stalemate.  its not an air map but its also not a city map so i don't know where it fits.
B.Schuss

the problem I see with air maps on public servers is that you cannot make up for bad pilots. If your pilots suck and the enemy has all the Richthofens flying, you are going to get pounded, no matter what.

If you have bad tankers, you can always get more AT, or more Spec Ops, or have your Engis lay out more mines.

But with bad pilots you are doomed. No compensating that.
The only reason why there is a difference between the various air maps is the map terrain. Wake, Oman, Zatar, Daquing and Dalian Plant are maps with open areas, easy to operate for even low-skilled pilots.
Kubra, Dragon Valley and Fushee Pass are a bit more challenging for pilots, because of the mountains.

to me, as a classic grunt, Fushee Pass is by far the best "air map" since I am less likely to be bothered by enemy jets. Oman and Daquing are terrible, you cannot move an inch without catching bombs with your teeth...

I'll try to "double up" the city maps in the rotation. I will also take out clean sweep, and move Zatar up in the cycle. I guess. any more suggestions ?
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

B.Schuss makes a great point.  If you have halfway decent pilots they will at least keep the other teams pilots busy enough that you can maneuver on the ground.  But if you have bad pilots you are going to be on that map to pad some plane whore's stats...it gets kind stupid when some planewhore in dropping bombs on you every 30 seconds and you have absolutely no way to stop it.  Also, consider that you may have good pilots on your team but they may not get the jet.   I remember on Clean Sweep a couple nights ago Slayer (it think) wrote "LET SOMEONE ELSE USE THE PLANE IF YOU CAN'T FLY!!!!"

Armor and Attack Choppers can be a bitch but at least you have a chance of fighting back.

Besides, from what i seen last night Slayer is an ever better PKM aficionado than he is a plane aficionado

edits: "whore" changed to "aficionado"

Last edited by superfly_cox (2006-05-22 04:45:51)

Slayer
---hates you

superfly_cox wrote:

Besides, from what i seen last night Slayer is an ever better PKM whore than he is a plane whore:)
erm, affirmative. But I think I used the MG36?! Doenst matter. Give me a plane with four PKMs on it and I´ll rape the shit out of every enemy forces
B.Schuss

alright, it seems we can put maps in the cycle more than once.

so, I changed the mapcycle to the following:

Karkand
Fushee Pass
Sharqui
Oman
Mashtuur
Kubra
Karkand
Zatar
Sharqui
Daquing

that's only temporary. I agree we should change the mapcycle once in a while. comments ?

I was in doubt wether to replace Zatar with Dragon Valley and maybe put Wake back in...
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, España
I was just thinking about that B.Schuss.
City map - open map - city map and go so on.

because if you have Kubra and after that Cleansweep . the people leave a lot between these 2 maps and i think an city maps brings more people for an Open map.

Great job
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6779

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

I was just thinking about that B.Schuss.
City map - open map - city map and go so on.

because if you have Kubra and after that Cleansweep . the people leave a lot between these 2 maps and i think an city maps brings more people for an Open map.

Great job
and don't forget that after clean sweep is Zatar...
ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

Please get rid of Kubra. I hate that map.
voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
Anyone tried voip? Perhaps it magically "woke up" when the server was patched?
Slayer
---hates you

@B.Schuss: we have to get rid of Fushee as the 2nd map!!! This map is t3h "bah-I-hate-this-map-and-will-disconnect-from-this-server!"

We played Karkand (like everyday) with around 40 people, then the change to fushee. Only 9 people left!?! Echo, I guess, changed back to karkand (argh not again) then and it tooks around half an hour to get the game started again.
B.Schuss

well, ok, I can take it out of the mapcycle today when I get home from work. But I remember playing it on monday or so, and we had more than 50 people on at that time. what map would you suggest as a replacement ? Or no replacement ?
B.Schuss

voltage wrote:

Anyone tried voip? Perhaps it magically "woke up" when the server was patched?
nope. Will try today. keep your fingers crossed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard