Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4976|Dundee, Scotland.
Looking to get a 128GB SSD in the new year when the sales are on. What is the best SSD to get just now?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
gurdeep
­
+812|4762|proll­y
crucial m4
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6319

120GB Corsair Force Series 3. I think Sonder's got 2 of them in RAID, you can ask him how they perform. At >500MB/s r/w speeds, it shits all over my Vertex 2 that I bought a year ago.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4976|Dundee, Scotland.
Yeah I read that the latest firmware update increased speeds a ridiculous amount.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
Anything but an OCZ Vertex 3.

They don't publicise the fact that it's broken too much. I wish I'd gotten an M4 at the time.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478
yeah... remember that the super-fast ones are often the ones that cold-boot and die. that's why some manufacturers will price a technically much slower read/write drive at the same price as the blisteringly-fast ones. cause the technology still isn't super reliable.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6662

gurdeep wrote:

crucial m4
Got one of these too. No problems yet. Only 2 or 3 months in though.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5758|شمال
no problem with the vertex 3 after the latest update
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Benzin
+576|6006
Apparently the latest update for the SandForce-powered SSDs (Vertex 3) solved all the problems they've had thus far, but only time will tell.

That being said...

I just ordered a Samsung Series 830 128GB model, Camm. Provided that I can pick it up Tuesday morning, I'll get it up and running and let you know later that day what it's like. The drive itself comes in a kit that has lots of extras and stuff and is very competitively priced. The amount of kit that comes with it gives it a great plus point because you don't have to buy any extra cables or mounting rails or anything. Also has Norton Ghost software and everything. Can't beat it.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
Beduin's just told me a way to sort it out, so hopefully it should be alright now
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

mtb0minime wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

crucial m4
No problems with mine either, other than that I have to flush the documents and downloads folder to my storage drive every now and then.
jaymz9350
+54|6585

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

crucial m4
No problems with mine either, other than that I have to flush the documents and downloads folder to my storage drive every now and then.
You can change the location of the user folders by going into the folder properties.  They will still function the same just on your mechanical drive so no need to move the stuff around when it gets too big, plus it's all still there if you need to do a reformat.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

How much is a decent 128gb?
Benzin
+576|6006

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

How much is a decent 128gb?
In Austria, about €170-190, depending on where you buy and what brand. In the US, I was seeing prices (reading reviews on New Egg and stuff for stuff here in Austria) around $190-210, which ended up being almost the same price once you converted the currencies.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard