arrivederci frog
+368|6567|London
Final destination 5 4/10
Warrior 10/10
Contagion 8/10
The inbetweeners 9/10
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City
Do you have to know anything about the InBetweeners TV show to watch the movie or is it independent?

Warrior is on my list for this weekend, glad to hear you liked it, I am looking forward to it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Scrooged (Bill Murray)

8/10 - One of the better "modern" renditions of classical stories out there. Closer to 9 around Christmas.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

8/10 - Rewatched yet again. Awesome film. Some of it feels a bit strung together, but this is normal since they appended a ton of artistic license to make feature-length.

Don't forget to watch the special features.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6567|London

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Do you have to know anything about the InBetweeners TV show to watch the movie or is it independent?

Warrior is on my list for this weekend, glad to hear you liked it, I am looking forward to it.
I've not seen the tv show either, the film is fairly standalone. Some of the humour is quite British though

You should love warrior, an MMA film with a ton of heart. I actually liked it more than The Fighter which is saying something.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6504|Gold Coast

HITNRUNXX wrote:

You can, but you just wont have the same appreciation for it if you just watched the movie. It'd be better if you watched the tv series beforehand.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6511|Πάϊ
Duplicity

meh, 5.5/10

confusing for no apparent reason, though it had some potential... just didn't live up to my expectations I guess...
ƒ³
HudsonFalcon
+20|5923|New York
Tower Heist
5/10

It was nice to see Eddie Murphy acting with other people and not just several version of himself and the part he played was reminiscent of his role is Trading Places.

The movie was merely OK.  There were few funny parts and even then the laughter was forced.
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City

KuSTaV wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

You can, but you just wont have the same appreciation for it if you just watched the movie. It'd be better if you watched the tv series beforehand.
Cool, I didn't know if it was a continuation or just a remake as a movie type of thing.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6184|Roma

HITNRUNXX wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

HITNRUNXX wrote:

Cool, I didn't know if it was a continuation or just a remake as a movie type of thing.
It's a continuation, but it's not as if the story is hard to figure out.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City
Thanks for the info!
gurdeep
­
+812|4747|proll­y
hangover 2 - 7/10

had some good laughs, and that asian chick stu married is absolutely stunning
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6732
Apollo 18 6/10
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Water for Elephants - 8/10

9, if you're a fan of elephant flicks.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Water for Elephants - 8/10

9, if you're a fan of elephant flicks.
nb: Elephant man doesn't count.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City
Warrior: Solid 8, Damn near a 9.

Really liked it overall.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

Couple of character things I didn't like... "Sorry honey, I am fighting, shut up and deal with it." type attitude plus "My family is the most important thing to me, I have to take care of them, and all I have to do to take care of them is file for bankruptcy and give my house back to the bank, and move into a smaller place... BUT, no, I have too much pride... I will risk my paying job and health to go jump into a competition with only a few months training."

The first 35-40 minutes were REALLY slow.

Other than those, it would have been a 9 or 10...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

I've heard it's a really sad film.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City

AussieReaper wrote:

I've heard it's a really sad film.
Eh... I didn't cry, or tear up, but might have gotten slightly misty eyed... Its no Old Yeller of sad... And the wife didn't cry, and she will cry at most comedies, so I would disagree. But it does have powerful emotion in it, so crying would be valid... But not really sad still.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Inside Job: 8/10

Another financial crisis film, but expanded into the corruption of academia which was another angle to it all.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Pururambo

Really interesting, but the film is pretty racist.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Rewatching lotr trilogy and just finished the two towers. I love these films, my only regret is watching them when I was young so that I ruined some of the suprises and twists for when I'm older and can appreciate the film so much more.

Great music in them too.

Come on hobbitses, long ways to get yet
HITNRUNXX
+220|6702|Oklahoma City

jord wrote:

Rewatching lotr trilogy and just finished the two towers. I love these films, my only regret is watching them when I was young so that I ruined some of the suprises and twists for when I'm older and can appreciate the film so much more.
I feel old.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
Contact

8/10

Pretty inspiring
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6673|Disaster Free Zone
Mission Impossible 4 - 3

Utter shit, Simon Pegg is about the only thing that makes it bearable, but his humour/jokes are completely wasted in this kind of film. The chick is hot I suppose, but can't act.
^^ what? simon pegg is in that movie??
was too late to see mission impossible so instead

the descendants - 6/10 it said comedy, drama.. but it's rally a sappy drama about family loss with 5 jokes. I love the location of the movie (HAWAIIIII).  So Clooney claims he's got some Hawaiian blood. He knows some pigeon. Wish there were more location shots.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard