Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

Camm wrote:

Microwave wrote:

BF2 - 9

2142 - 9

BF3 - 9

They were all amazing fun to play at their respective times.

Bad Company's weren't real Battlefield's in my opinion so don't get ratings.
we had good times on BC2 tbh, remember when you tried to jump the jet-ski on laguna presa and went BOOM?

Or "disco dance disco dance!" *CG BOOM*
you're supposed to be rating the games you play, not the social experiences you have whilst playing them

why is gaming criticism and its critics in general so fucking retarded?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4835|Amsterdam
Battlefield 1942 - ---
Battlefield : Vietnam - ---
Battlefield 2 - 9.5
Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat - ---
Battlefield 2142 - ---
Battlefield : Bad Company - 6
Battlefield 1943 - 6.5
Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - 7
Battlefield 3 - 7
iceman785
+93|6665|Alaska, mother fucker.
Battlefield 1942 - 10 Best game ever.
DC Mod - 10 Best mod of the best game ever.
Battlefield : Vietnam - 7 Loved napalm, and the music!
Battlefield 2 - 10 So many hours spent at lan centers playing this non-stop
Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat - 6 First time playing online on PS2, pretty fun.
Battlefield 2142 - 7 Had the right idea, just buggy as fuck
Battlefield : Bad Company - 7
Battlefield 1943 - 7 Nostalgic, but needed more maps.
Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - 8
Battlefield 3 - 8 Fun, but don't see myself putting in the hours that I did into BF2...
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6674|Disaster Free Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

shooting at somebody right in front of me with the saw and not having a single hit register until ive spent 15 rounds is my last memory of bf2
I think the shitty hitreg added a whole new layer of strategy to the game. You had to choose your conflicts wisely and get the drop on enemies.

Or just whore vehicles.
The shitty hitreg was an excuse for bad players. Sure it existed, but to the extent complained about, no way. Deviation played a much bigger role in your accuracy then some mythical hitreg. How many times have you heard 'I emptied an entire clip into them and they didn't die'. Classic spray and pray complaint blaming hitreg when it's quite obviously a case of deviation due to uncontrolled firing.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

DrunkFace wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

shooting at somebody right in front of me with the saw and not having a single hit register until ive spent 15 rounds is my last memory of bf2
I think the shitty hitreg added a whole new layer of strategy to the game. You had to choose your conflicts wisely and get the drop on enemies.

Or just whore vehicles.
The shitty hitreg was an excuse for bad players. Sure it existed, but to the extent complained about, no way. Deviation played a much bigger role in your accuracy then some mythical hitreg. How many times have you heard 'I emptied an entire clip into them and they didn't die'. Classic spray and pray complaint blaming hitreg when it's quite obviously a case of deviation due to uncontrolled firing.
Shooting someone in the head and getting nothing but puffs of dust was what irked me.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6334|Atlanta, Georgia
Battlefield 1942 - Never Played
Battlefield : Vietnam - Never Played
Battlefield 2 - 10
Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat - 8
Battlefield 2142 - Played Only A Few Times / 8
Battlefield : Bad Company - 9
Battlefield 1943 - Never Played
Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - 8
Battlefield 3 - 9
No/Yes
+14|5935|California, USA
Battlefield 1942 - 8.8
Battlefield : Vietnam - 9
Battlefield 2 - 9.3
Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat - N/A
Battlefield 2142 - 9.1
Battlefield : Bad Company - N/A
Battlefield 1943 - N/A
Battlefield Heroes- 8.6
Battlefield Play4Free- N/A
Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - 8.3
Battlefield 3 - 9.2

I was 7 when bf 1942 came out, so I was playing it when it was kind of dead already
I was 9 when I got Battlefield Vietnam, and I loved it.
I was 11 when I got Battlefield 2, and I loved it more.
I was 12 when I got Battlefield 2142, and It was still great fun, slower paced than Bf2.
I was 14 when I started playing Heroes, and It wasn't too bad, I kind of enjoyed it since I was really good at the game.
I was 15 when BC2 came out, and It didn't start getting good until the Vietnam expansion.
I was 17 when Battlefield 3 came out, and its a great game still, can't wait for more expansions.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6767|Noizyland

Battlefield 1942 - 10. Perhaps it's the rose-tinted specs talking but I don't think I've ever had a better time with a game. At the time it was great, I imagine now the omission of things that have become standard in FPS gaming would be annoying.

Battlefield : Vietnam - 7. Experimental, and offered a decent BF experience, the maps were hard to learn and strategy never seemed to click so well. Let you do some cool stuff though - plus the music thing was great.

Battlefield 2 - 9 - Didn't quite let me re-live my 1942 heyday, particularly with flying, but pretty epic all the same.

Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat - Never Played

Battlefield 2142 - 8 - Loved Titan mode and gave a decent BF experience. It didn't make Sniping enjoyable though and the weapons didn't feel like they had any weight and as a result felt unnatural.

Battlefield : Bad Company - Never Played. Consoles.

Battlefield 1943 - Ditto. A shame too, was looking forward to returning to Coral Sea.

Battlefield Heroes - 2. Very disappointing. I didn't expect much either.

Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - 7. A decent shooter that gave me a better experience than CoD but didn't feel like a real Battlefield game, the maps just didn't provide those BF opportunities - and the maps that tried to be the larger-scale BF2 ones showed that the game clearly wasn't designed for this sort of large-scale warfare anyway.

Battlefield 3 - 8. Be willing to bump it up to a 9 when it becomes more reliable bug and performance wise. Weapons feel good, menu and HUD is still a mess but forgivable. Looks stunning, sounds brilliant. More importantly it gives me the BF feeling more than any other since BF2. Would have liked less of a BC design direction, my enjoyment of the B2K maps back this up, but all in all I'm pretty pleased.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma
There are moments in bf3 where i go "good to be playing a bf game".
That happens when you see the jets dog fighting each other, helicopters chasing each other with aa in the bg filling the skies with tracers, tanks doing their own thing and infantry fighting each other around the flags. The BF experience is still there. You are on the battlefield, with everybody around you doing their part.
Thats what i love about bf3, it brought the proper bf experience back.
Something that was missing in bc2, where you feel like you are mot part of it.
But thats just my two cents.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-12-23 06:27:17)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
1942 = 9/10 (pure unadulterated battlefield)
Vietnam = 9/10 (hugely enjoyable, my favorite)
BF2 = 8/10 (Awesome leap forward, but stats ruined the nature of the game)
2142 = 7/10 (under-developed but still fun)
BF3 = 6.5/10 (laziness and complete bastardization. Nice graphics don't make up for shit)

Mods > Vanilla

Forgotten Hope, DC, PR, etc.
gurdeep
­
+812|4748|proll­y
Battlefield 1942 - 7.2
Battlefield : Vietnam - 6.8
Battlefield 2 - 9.2
Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat - 5.1
Battlefield 2142 -7.9
Battlefield : Bad Company - Never Played
Battlefield 1943 - Never Played
Battlefield : Bad Company 2 - 6.2
Battlefield 3 - 6.6
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6462

DUnlimited wrote:

1/5
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
thepilot91
+64|6229|Åland!

DrunkFace wrote:

that's just aload of crap tbh.

I've watched so many live-streams/frag videos (non-retarded nadespam mongs) of professional players loading a full mag or atleast half of it into someones head and all they got was dust.

not to mention I've done it my self.
iceman785

Superior Mind wrote:

BF3 = 6.5/10 (laziness and complete bastardization. Nice graphics don't make up for shit)

Mods > Vanilla

This^ I think I spent more time playing PR than I did actual BF2. People say it's boring, but honestly when you get into those super intense fire fights that can sometimes last to over an hour, it makes up for all that walking around.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma

iceman785 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Mods > Vanilla

This^ I think I spent more time playing PR than I did actual BF2. People say it's boring, but honestly when you get into those super intense fire fights that can sometimes last to over an hour, it makes up for all that walking around.
It brought teamwork to another level, especially when all the squads coordinate with each other.
Even playing as transport was fun, be it a chopper or humvee or truck.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-12-23 16:32:41)

iceman785

aerodynamic wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Mods > Vanilla

It brought teamwork to another level, especially when all the squads coordinate with each other.
Even playing as transport was fun, be it a chopper or humvee or truck.
Or when you get a couple tank squads together on mumble and you've got a convoy of like four tanks and two APC's just destroying shit. So much fun.
5H1FTY
Its an 870, not a M11/87...
+1|5362|Texas
1942 = 10.0001 - For it's day, it rocked. Full scale warfare. The planes were great! I miss them so much. Had more fun times playing this than any other game.

Vietnam = 8.794 - Was great for its time. Inovative in the sense of kit selection. I liked the kit customization and soldier appearance selections. The music in the vehicles was awesome! Nothing like flying a Huey with "Nowhere to Run" or "Bird is the Word" playing...

BF2 = 9.685 - Strategies really came alive in this version. Squads, commander, voip, etc... Vehicles were a bit dominating, but in all reality, they should be. Could do without arty strikes. Infantry Only mode sold me 100%.

2142 = 8.518 - Gameplay was remarkably smooth. Much smoother than BF2 (didn't have to jump to clear an ashpalt/concrete transition). The plethora of unlocks gave much hope for future versions of BF. My main dislike was simply the futuristic setting. Nothing I can relate to. Spawn beacons were a nice touch.

BC2 = 8.962 - Destructible environment is the greatest improvement. Love not having to go prone to hit anything. Hate not being able to go prone at all! Arica Harbor SDM FTW! Didn't really have that "BF2 feel" many of us are so passionate about.

BF3 = 9.202 - Has potential to be a 10 after the bugs are worked out. Almost there. Unlocks and kit customizations are great. Interactive battlefield is amazing (target painting). Great potential for strats, or specialized "anti vehicle" squads. Vehicle balance is decent. Happy to disable a tank with my javelin, just think vehicle repairs are a bit over matched. Engi's can repair a vehicle faster than 2 guys can damage it. I just started flying jets, so my review is based excluding jets (other than shooting them down as infantry).
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
i hope you're being ironic with those decimal scores
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5946

Uzique wrote:

Yeah me too. At first i thought he was taking the piss, then i saw his review of each game, now i'm starting to think he actually devised some sort complex rating system.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Yeah me too. At first i thought he was taking the piss, then i saw his review of each game, now i'm starting to think he actually devised some sort complex rating system.
It looks like hes spent more time making that up than he has hanging out with the chick thats never going to bang him.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4961|Dundee, Scotland.

UnkleRukus wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It looks like hes spent more time making that up than he has hanging out with the chick thats never going to bang him.
wrong shifty, we now have 2 shiftys. oh the horror
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5992|Vortex Ring State

Camm wrote:

wrong shifty, we now have 2 shiftys. oh the horror
yeah wtfisthis
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5746|Roma

UnkleRukus wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

hey, he is almost 100% sure.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard