Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6693|South Africa
Steak.... mmmmm....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559

krazed wrote:

agreed, fuck you whoever calls me evil for hunting, if you want to take the place of the animals please come to saint john, new brunswick, canada and we'll set up a hunt
Actually, I disagree with hunting except that done in set numbers to limit populations/eradicat non-native pests.  But I don't think it's quite so bad as commercial skinning, at least if you eat the meat.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

ComradeWho wrote:

i think that focusing on the humanization of animals is a way to demonize vegetarians and not focus on the valid claims that are made which have to do with:
1. the pollution which results from factory farming.
2. the biological implications of creating bacterias which are resistent to our pharmaceuticals.
3. the amount of energy waste which results from feeding animals tons of grains which could be used to feed the hungry as opposed to produce a minute amount of meat which only the privaleged will eat.
4. genetic and chemical modification of animals to compensate for poisonous living conditions that would kill the animals we eat (mmm nothing i'd like to put in my body more than an animal that grew up in a toxic environment and was kept alive with steroids and penicilin until it was old enough to kill!).
5. that animal cruelty laws are barely enforced and that there are, in fact, more humane ways to raise and slaughter animals.
1. Give your business to free-roaming farms instead. It's a better way to protest.
2. Vegetables are just as subject to hazardous biologicals. Remember the e-coli/alfalfa issue?
3. Much of the food fed to livestock isn't 'fit for human consumption.' Additionally, food sent to starving nations is usually left to rot under guard, rather than used to feed people who could, once fed, possibly stage an uprising against their corrupt governments.
4. Agreed; see 1.
5. Agreed; see 1. Additionally, hunting can also be more humane then impersonal slaughter.

I don't believe in the waste of animal products. What meat I buy I make every effort to use before it spoils. Meat offers nutrition that is otherwise too costly to maintain through dietary supplements, and I am not self-righteous enough to turn it down. Logically, the destruction and consumption of vegetables can be considered hostile to forms of life. Killing in some form will always be a part of life on Earth. Even when food can be synthesized, culling will be important for maintaining manageable levels of plant/animal populations.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

BEE_Grim_Reaper wrote:

Flecco wrote:

{A.K.A}LordBeefman wrote:

and don't forget the lamb baa  baa  baa
You aren't Australian are you? YOUR A KIWI IN DISGUISE.... SHOOT THE SHEEP SHAGGER!

@ Topic... I don't see the problem with eating meat.... It is the reason humans developed intelligence....
Um... there are no Kiwis in Australia... that would be New Zealand

Anyhow.... human metabolism requires animals protein... and since I heard, that kannibalism is not really en vogue these days... give me my bloody steak
There are ALOT of New Zealanders in Australia... Don't belive me? Well, I would like to introduce you to some of my friends......
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Bubbalo wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

What about a Rat skin coat, rats are never cool animals when they talk in cartoons.
Well, typically people with ratskin coats are evil anyway.

P.S.  Rattis the Rat was cool.  But then, that was Australian.  And not a cartoon.
Wha' about Darren? Doesn't the feral dog deserve a mention?
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Pubic wrote:

Flecco wrote:

and don't forget the lamb baa  baa  baa
You aren't Australian are you? YOUR A KIWI IN DISGUISE.... SHOOT THE SHEEP SHAGGER!

@ Topic... I don't see the problem with eating meat.... It is the reason humans developed intelligence....
Aussies only say that kiwis are sheep shaggers because they're in denial and don't want the rest of the world knowing its really them.  The proof: this statue in CANBERRA

http://image64.webshots.com/164/0/14/94 … ygE_ph.jpg

As it happens I've got a chilli +  lamb roll in the oven right now
New Zealand has the highest sheep:human ratio in the world... I think it is like 5 sheep for every person....

Besides, if Kiwi's don't screw sheep explain Maoris? Aren't they the result of kiwi + black sheep?

If anybody has had any trouble guessing from my posts.... I'm from Oz.... I do like to eat meat from dead sheep, buffalo, crocodile (actually tastes really good, a lot like pork and chicken at the same time...), chicken, beef (bloody obvious that....), kangaroo (tail is good, rest is a little tough...) and pork... Barramundi is nice too....
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559

Flecco wrote:

Wha' about Darren? Doesn't the feral dog deserve a mention?
Yeah, and the Koalas.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Those koala's voices annoyed me... Dunno why.....
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
You still eat Welsh Lamb after hearing of rumours of what we do to them 1st ?

Talking of animals and food, I find it odd that one of the most expensive on a menu can be prawns. These things eat and swim in shit. It's no wonder they drown the lil buggers in garlic. Oh, sorry, don't let that put you off.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559
I don't drown them in garlic.
Skinnister
+43|6723|UK

BEE_Grim_Reaper wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Um... there are no Kiwis in Australia... that would be New Zealand

Anyhow.... human metabolism requires animals protein... and since I heard, that kannibalism is not really en vogue these days... give me my bloody steak
we aussies love our beef and lamb
for whole different reason lol
goblinstomper
I ♣ Seals
+8|6563|Hampshire
3 reason why we are meant to eat meat
* we have eyes in the front of our head... we ar not meant to be chased.. we chase other animals ie a predator!
*We have sharp bloody teeth.. do i really need to explain that one...
*We have an extrmely small and decrepid apendix, thats the only part of the gut that digests cellulose (the substance that makes up cell walls in plants)
You kinda get the point, it's the same reason that you dont see vegetarian leopards or shit in the wild.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559
PETA doesn't object to the eating of meat.  They sometimes object to the way in which livestock are raised, but by and large they concentrate more on commercial skinning and animal testing, as well as chicken coops for eggs (the conditions of them).  Having said that, I have more respect for the RSPCA.
Im not saying my dog is hard or nuffin but it can hold it's own in a fight with a badger any day.   j/k <<<
malarkeycoon
+16|6638|Cardiff
Ahhh, number 3.... I grew up on a farm and our animals ate grass. I don't think the starving would appreciate bales of hay to eat.

ComradeWho wrote:

i think that focusing on the humanization of animals is a way to demonize vegetarians and not focus on the valid claims that are made which have to do with:
1. the pollution which results from factory farming.
2. the biological implications of creating bacterias which are resistent to our pharmaceuticals.
3. the amount of energy waste which results from feeding animals tons of grains which could be used to feed the hungry as opposed to produce a minute amount of meat which only the privaleged will eat.
4. genetic and chemical modification of animals to compensate for poisonous living conditions that would kill the animals we eat (mmm nothing i'd like to put in my body more than an animal that grew up in a toxic environment and was kept alive with steroids and penicilin until it was old enough to kill!).
5. that animal cruelty laws are barely enforced and that there are, in fact, more humane ways to raise and slaughter animals.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6722|Belgium
Gaia
malarkeycoon
+16|6638|Cardiff
I agree. Apes also eat meat. I think the only one that doesn't is the gorilla.

But of course apes and man aren't related so that doesn't stand does it...

goblinstomper wrote:

3 reason why we are meant to eat meat
* we have eyes in the front of our head... we ar not meant to be chased.. we chase other animals ie a predator!
*We have sharp bloody teeth.. do i really need to explain that one...
*We have an extrmely small and decrepid apendix, thats the only part of the gut that digests cellulose (the substance that makes up cell walls in plants)
You kinda get the point, it's the same reason that you dont see vegetarian leopards or shit in the wild.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6699|New York
Hate to break this to the vegers here, but the human body actually needs meat. Genetics of evolution.

Ask an unbiased dietitian about it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559
Actually, we don't *need* meat.  You can survive very healthily as a vegetarian.  It's just much harder.  And there's no real benefit.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6656| United States of America

The Stillhouse Kid wrote:

stryyker wrote:

mmmm succulent pig
I'm 100% convinced that the problems in the Middle East are due to the fact that Jews and Muslims don't eat pork.
probaly
Rosse_modest
+76|6773|Antwerp, Flanders
I may not eat that much meat but I definitely require my daily dose.

Vegetarians keep telling you that you can have a complete diet even without meat but I'm not so sure. Most vegetarians I've seen looked kinda weird but that may also have been a lifestyle thing...
Had a vegetarian girl in my class in highschool, she looked like she'd been missing out on certain nutrients but I felt unusually attracted to her...
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

My sister in laws dog is a veggy, been in the papers. Personally I think thats cruel. One thing that gets all the veggies in the end..................bacon.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559

Rosse_modest wrote:

I may not eat that much meat but I definitely require my daily dose.

Vegetarians keep telling you that you can have a complete diet even without meat but I'm not so sure. Most vegetarians I've seen looked kinda weird but that may also have been a lifestyle thing...
Had a vegetarian girl in my class in highschool, she looked like she'd been missing out on certain nutrients but I felt unusually attracted to her...
That's because it's *very* hard to get enough protein.  But it *can* be done.

Fun fact:  The least energy intensive food to digest is human flesh.
This is the longest mass debate Ive ever seen about animals.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6733|Salt Lake City

The problem isn't with eating meat, it's that we eat too much fatty meat, primarily pork and beef.  Cold water fish, like salmon are high in protein, and have amino acids that are better for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard