Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Goddammit. SHifty is fucking right.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Just because my political views aren't the same as 90% of the forum members doesn't mean I can't be right on non-political issues FFS.

Anyways, unlocked the DAO-12. Any tips? I can't use the thing worth a damn. 870 and 1014 seem better.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
opello
+1|6812

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Just because my political views aren't the same as 90% of the forum members doesn't mean I can't be right on non-political issues FFS.

Anyways, unlocked the DAO-12. Any tips? I can't use the thing worth a damn. 870 and 1014 seem better.
I can't seem to get it to fire quickly reliably.  Some times there seems to be an awkward pause between rounds.  Other than that, flechettes.  Or frag for longer range and suppression.

I've heard good things about the USAS-12 (only after I put the time into the DAO-12 ...)
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Yeah I get that problem with the DAO as well.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

SDM is lame, as are TDM and any other non conquest modes. Rush is only fun for the pleasure of jumping Damavan Peak.

Conquest assault is the best mode ever. How could DICE/EA f#@k up so bad after BF2? They had the basis for a perfect game and threw it out the window.
Fuck up bad by giving ppl different game modes to play?
Conquest is one of the key components of what made BF awesome. They have tailored the maps to the mods that are more CoDish when it should be CQ designed maps switched up for Rush, TDM, etc. not the other way around

Conquest map, add boundaries to focus for Rush, more boundaries for TDM, etc. As it stands conquest is the most played, but the maps aren't tailored for that: See where they messed up?
Now you make sense! And I agree with that.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6260|Pacific NW, USA
I dont have the DAO unlocked but I've picked it up and used it twice, both times I was overwhelmingly disappointed.    Not like it was in BF2 at all, shocking, i know.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

My favorite thing about this game is how 90% of the time I join a server (with more than just 1 or 2 free slots mind you) I wind up on the team getting raped while the other team is outrageously stacked. If this weren't happening I probably wouldn't play as much because this really makes the whole experience tolerable.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

mtb0minime wrote:

My favorite thing about this game is how 90% of the time I join a server (with more than just 1 or 2 free slots mind you) I wind up on the team getting raped while the other team is outrageously stacked. If this weren't happening I probably wouldn't play as much because this really makes the whole experience tolerable.
uh. thats the exact same thing that would happen in bf2.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
wow, a whole butt load of worthless teams tonight.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

mtb0minime wrote:

welcome to multiplayer games?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6260|Pacific NW, USA
42 player Wake is perfect.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Mutantbear wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

wow, a whole butt load of worthless teams tonight.
yeah that complaint really has no relevance to the game
insight, not complaint.

example... put a lot of work in that round, only to still lose.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2011-12-14 02:41:13)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
Rush on the B2K maps seems a bit.. different.  I played Oman and Wake and they seem to be a lot less corridor like, which makes arming the MCOMs much easier. The defending team has to be really really good though, to have a chance against even an average team.
Not sure if I like it yet.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Conquest assault is the best mode ever. How could DICE/EA f#@k up so bad after BF2? They had the basis for a perfect game and threw it out the window.
I think Assault Lines, used in BF2142 Northern Strike (and some bonus maps from patches), is the best one.
I have no idea why they diluted that mode down to what Rush is now, with all the action concentrated on 2 MCOM stations, pretty much begging for camping and spamming.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Rush was much better in Bc2.

The only thing I like about this game is the knife kills animation and the amtrac. Otherwise I have nothing good to say about this game.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Irons sights hard to see on FAMAS
Microwave
_
+515|6626|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
https://i.imgur.com/WeNto.jpg

Yeaaaaaaaahhh
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4939|Dundee, Scotland.

Microwave wrote:

Yeaaaaaaaahhh
hooooly shit
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Microwave wrote:

Yeaaaaaaaahhh
Where on the red 3D spotting triangle did you aim at exactly to pull that off?
Hehehe!
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Microwave wrote:

Yeaaaaaaaahhh
https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/1323847192794.jpg
Microwave
_
+515|6626|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

globefish23 wrote:

Microwave wrote:

Yeaaaaaaaahhh
Where on the red 3D spotting triangle did you aim at exactly to pull that off?
Hehehe!
https://static.inentertainment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Battlefield3Sniperrole.jpg

It was between the bottom 2 lines of the scope. I was at airfield on wake, killed a guy on the carrier!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
yeah but are you actually any good at this game yet or are you still lay prone on a hill getting 5 points every 10 minutes.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Spark wrote:

But there's something about this game that makes it happen all the freakin time. I can understand it happening a fair bit, at least 50/50. But my incredibly bad luck in finding a decent server is one of the many things ruining the game for me.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

mtb0minime wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Spark wrote:

But there's something about this game that makes it happen all the freakin time. I can understand it happening a fair bit, at least 50/50. But my incredibly bad luck in finding a decent server is one of the many things ruining the game for me.
I made a comment that you should have quoted but it got deleted
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6359|New York

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I actually had a lot of fun with the DAO-12 (have 111 kills with it). It's really good for Metro and decent for Seine crossing.

I do agree with what others have said, that it doesn't seem to be like it was in BF2. It's not as... automatic. Seems to have more pauses.

I use Frag ammo, extended mag and holo with this gun. It kind of turns it into a grenade launcher (you know, with the circular ammo chamber and all). I also use the perk where you get additional ammo, because you burn through rounds like nothing else. With this setup you can fire a large amount of rounds into people's general direction. A week or so ago I was hitting people point blank with this setup and they were bouncing off the walls, literally. So awesome.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard