Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6662
wood-elf masterrace

don't smith ever. seriously don't.

go dungeon crawling and you'll find plenty of gear. just mill around the wilderness for a bit

if you're an archer/light armor type are you sneaking/stealing too? go steal some gear

btw shout enemies off of cliffs/ledges if they're too strong, works every time
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5798|Catherine Black
yeah I'm gonna go sneak cause I loved getting bonus damage from sneaking in fo3. wish I knew about that before i went up the 7k steps, died to a frost troll like 10 times. then I figured hey fire might work since he's frost and yeah kicked his ass while lydia tanked
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
also how do I turn off the mouse smoothing/acceleration in the menu? I got rid of it in game but it's still making me sick in the menus.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6584|London
Yup don't smith, you'll ruin the game for yourself.

I could tell you where to steal a good bow early on but that would ruin the fun of you exploring and finding one yourself

I can't wait for the inevitable overhaul mods for this game. Not that it needs it but it will give me an excuse to do a couple more playthroughs
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
why does smithing ruin the game? and you could give me an area to search...
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6473|cuntshitlake

smithing makes this game really, really, really easy. I mean you can smith weapons if you go for the sneaky type, getting quick kills wont "ruin the immersion" but don't smith armor. Makes you invincible.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
I smith so I can upgrade weapons. As a sneak thief being able to take people out with one or two arrows really helps.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Aries_37 wrote:

I could tell you where to steal a good bow early on but that would ruin the fun of you exploring and finding one yourself
Were you per chance talking about Forsworn?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida

Finray wrote:

Heavy armor is waaaaaaay too easy to get, the most powerful armor in the game you can get without finishing even 1/10th of the game if you know what to do.  So even though you're at a low level your armor is way too inflated and enemies (who are most of the time based on your level) are way too weak.  At the same time leveling up smithing to 100 will inflate your overall level while youre actual skill using weapons and shit will remain really low.

Come to think of it bethesda have never really been all that good at balancing, oblivion had a fairly pointless system and FO3 was all about AP, shooting up drugs, and knowing where to shoot using VATS.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6295|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Spearhead wrote:

Finray wrote:

Heavy armor is waaaaaaay too easy to get, the most powerful armor in the game you can get without finishing even 1/10th of the game if you know what to do.  So even though you're at a low level your armor is way too inflated and enemies (who are most of the time based on your level) are way too weak.  At the same time leveling up smithing to 100 will inflate your overall level while youre actual skill using weapons and shit will remain really low.

Come to think of it bethesda have never really been all that good at balancing, oblivion had a fairly pointless system and FO3 was all about AP, shooting up drugs, and knowing where to shoot using VATS.
I never cared about AP in Fallout tbh.. or chems for that matter...

You could get 100 on all skills and 9 out of 10 on all s.p.e.c.i.a.l.s (or very close to it) without cheating anyway...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-12-12 09:28:28)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6748|Toronto | Canada

arent most games easy to exploit if you really want to?  i havent really noticed many balance problems compared to oblivion, though i dont smith since it seems incredibly tedious and boring to me.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida

Winston_Churchill wrote:

arent most games easy to exploit if you really want to?  i havent really noticed many balance problems compared to oblivion, though i dont smith since it seems incredibly tedious and boring to me.
Iron daggers, leather and iron is all you need. at first it is incredibly fun and even addictive gathering all the stuff you need and creating badass armor but once you realize how OP and easily exploitable it is it really dilutes the experience, for me anyway.

At one point around on my first playthrough I had something like 140 iron daggers made all at once

Last edited by Spearhead (2011-12-12 10:50:36)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

i guess we have different ideas of incredibly fun and addictive
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

Finray wrote:

I just started playing this last night, someone tl;dr it for me

rolled a wood elf, gonna go mainly archer. I just finished the quest where you go up the 7k steps. Any recommendations on where to go now? Cause I'll be fucked if I'm travelling all the way to the 5th gray beard, he's fucking miles away. Also anywhere I can get a better bow? Using the ancient nord one at the moment, got full leather gear too.
by 5th one you mean the dude at the top of the mountain? after you learn RUS DO RAH!!!!!! etc? it's like a 3min walk from the greybeards casa
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

you cant access it until later anyway...?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum
can't even remember, i blazed through the storyline (which was a mistake imo)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

you have to do a few more main quest things before you get the clear sky shout to get up to him, else those winds rip you apart
FloppY_
­
The call lightning shout should come with a warning note imo
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I've only got the sprint, the extended knockback one and I just picked up one from a cave that spits fire or something, idk can't use it yet

just joined the companions, too.
FloppY_
­
The call lightning makes EVERY nearby NPC hostile.. lol
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

The annoying thing about skilling up is that it forces you to level. Which wouldn't be so bad, except if you level twice, you must complete the process for both levels. Which means you skip five possible trainings per level passed over.

Granted it prevents people from sitting with a weight on the arrow key for lockpicking experience, but running back and forth to the trainer you want every five minutes is insidiously annoying.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

FloppY_ wrote:

call in a dragon. when you run around clearing forts and such with lots of faggot archers, the dragon basically ~fucks up their shit~
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
i asked for it once before... where's that guide that shows you how to get like 1000+ DMG/Armor on an item?
FloppY_
­

FatherTed wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

call in a dragon. when you run around clearing forts and such with lots of faggot archers, the dragon basically ~fucks up their shit~
By NPCs I was referring to the normally friendly townsfolk, there is no warning on stormcall, so if you try it out to see what it does with NPCs nearby you will be chased by an angry mob, pitchfork and torch style...
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

i asked for it once before... where's that guide that shows you how to get like 1000+ DMG/Armor on an item?
I believe it goes something like this:

1. Enchant items with alchemy bonus
2. Create enchant bonus potions
3. Use potions to enchant better alchemy bonuses on items
4. repeat steps 2-3 and then eventually create smithing potions and enchantments with your gained bonuses

EDIT: I haven't re-tested but it seems that the timer on potion effects keep running while you are on an enchantment table, this makes the 30s ones you buy from shops pretty useless as it can be hard to enchant much in 30s time..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-12-12 14:00:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard