M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6232|Escea

The chances of this being a mock-up seem to be high, given their past history with making shit up. They once stole a picture of a 1/72 scale model of an F-14, which the modeller had painted with Iranian camo and markings, to pretend their planes were in perfect working order. They also mocked up S-300 launchers by welding barrels together and putting them on the back of a truck to resemble missile tubes.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

They should just go more into the film industry then.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's a trap!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida

Lipschitz wrote:

The article I read last night said Obama was given three choices:

1. Send a special forces team to capture the aircraft.

2. Send a special forces team to destroy the aircraft.

3. Send an airstrike to destroy the aircraft.

He refused all three options as they would be seen as an act of war.
link to said article?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5974|London, England

Lipschitz wrote:

Thats like some terrible movie bullshit

I cant imagine anyone would ever consider doing any of those
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Lipschitz
+1|4535|Upstate New York

Spearhead wrote:

Lipschitz wrote:

link to said article?
It was on FoxNews.com yesterday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12 … -us-drone/

4th and 5th paragraphs.

Last edited by Lipschitz (2011-12-09 15:54:49)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6699|Tampa Bay Florida
lol "would have been seen as an act of war"

More like : would have been an act of war
Lipschitz
+1|4535|Upstate New York
Instead we will continue to support Isreal's covert war with Iran.
hocSiciliano
+6|4562|New York

Lipschitz wrote:

ridiculous and ignorant comment. our one and only friend in this world and you want to go that route? stupid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

But Israel really isn't a friend. It's an opportunistic partnership.
hocSiciliano
+6|4562|New York

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I disagree. I feel it is our one and only true ally in regards to democracy, militarily, economically, and most of all Biblically (which some may agree or disagree with)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Among other (and worse) things, real nice friend.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

Maybe it's old outdated tech intended to mislead the Chinese (since they will probably be the ones reverse engineering it).. maybe they are tracking where it will end up. Maybe it's the easy answer, which is usually the case .. "oops".

I don't know why these drones don't have a self destruct option. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

hocSiciliano wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I disagree. I feel it is our one and only true ally in regards to democracy, militarily, economically, and most of all Biblically (which some may agree or disagree with)
Economically? How is our relationship with Israel a benefit to us economically?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
hocSiciliano
+6|4562|New York

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Among other (and worse) things, real nice friend.
There is no denying our relationship with them is probably at its weakest point in an extremely long time no thanks to the current regime. I just feel that if both our countries are the only democratic powers (and I use that word loosely), I think it is worth protecting.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

It was pretty weak when they attacked USS Liberty.

Also, the US is a constitutional republic.
hocSiciliano
+6|4562|New York

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It was pretty weak when they attacked USS Liberty.

Also, the US is a constitutional republic.
50+ years ago and accidents happen, mistakes are made, I obviously don't have an explanation but was stated as a mistake. So one mistake means we disown them as probably our only real ally out there? I do not feel that is a wise move at all.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

The. U.S. is a democratic republic. You can have a constitution and still be a monarchy or something else.

I don't think Israel is a "real ally'' of the U.S. The only ''real allies'' we have are the other English speaking countries and a few other European ones. Maybe Japan and South Korea too but that's debatable. Considering the goal of Israel (a Jewish state in the middle east), they don't have any real allegiance to the U.S. and our goals of global stability and other things. They will whore themselves out to whatever other power is out there in exchange for money, weapons, and protection.

That's fine since foreign affairs is always self interested and pretty zero sum. Most of the countries who work with U.S. do it because they see a benefit, not because they like us. The really shitty thing about the U.S./Europe-Israel relationship is how the former is boxed into the whole thing. Just like the Crusader states Israel only exist because of outside money, weapons, and protection that flows in from us. If we one day stopped and Israel is unable to find a benefactor it wouldn't make it into the 22nd century.

Sure it's not "our problem", god  know we have done worse to our former allies and friends over the course of history. But signing off on a second (mini) Holocaust is a pretty black stain to have. It will be Rwanda all over again. The Palestinians would tear apart the Jews. Everyone knows this would happen. So we get 'forced' to defend Israeli in order to avoid a black stain but at the cost of Arab-Muslim relations the world over.

I can live with that and really don't care for Israel. Whether or not you are on Israeli side or not, you do have to recognize how the founding of Israeli wasn't at all fair to the majority of natives in the area. More or less the Arabs are paying for the mistakes of the Euros but whatever. For me it comes down to the interest of the U.S. and the west. I'm sure if we need it the Israelis will give us a launch pad into the rest of the middle east. Having a footing in the middle east is nice to have. So I am pro Israel for as long as the alliance servers our regional military interest. (Though whether they do or not is open for debate since we also have bases in Saudi Arabia and Turkey among others. It's something I have to mull over sometime)

But yeah that's how I feel about the whole Israel thing. ^ That is the most I have or ever will write about the situation btw.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6567|Hungary

Jay wrote:

3rd World Hungary.
Whats your problem with my country?
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5987|Blue Mountain State
Nothing. You shot down an "undestroyable" airplane. Awesome.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
jord
+2,382|6687|The North, beyond the wall.

hocSiciliano wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Fair enough...
Lipschitz
+1|4535|Upstate New York

hocSiciliano wrote:

Lipschitz wrote:

ridiculous and ignorant comment. our one and only friend in this world and you want to go that route? stupid.
I didn't mean it as a negative.  I support Isreal 100% and their right to defend themselves from an enemy that has said outright they want to destroy them.  Perhaps where your tiny brain got confused by my post was that I implied I would rather have them take care of Iran instead of us.  They have the intelligence and the hardware in place to deal with them directly so I would rather the United States take a support role in all of this.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX

hocSiciliano wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hilarious on all points.
50+ years ago and accidents happen, mistakes are made, I obviously don't have an explanation but was stated as a mistake.
And again.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-12-10 03:49:46)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
lol at hocsiciliano's israel posts. "one and only ally". please. the only reason you're friends with israel is cause a) the less jews-in-exile in your own country, the better,  as far as your leaders are concerned and b) it's a satellite base to flex huge influence and power in the middle-east. oh and c) they stimulate your economy quite a bit, as well as return investment. the ideological alliance between america's leadership and israel's is perhaps one of the greatest feats of mutual ignorance in geopolitics today; both turning a blind eye to the real aims of the other. how can you be so clueless?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Lipschitz
+1|4535|Upstate New York
Google maps possibly shows lost drone?

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/12/ … t-in-iran/
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

hocSiciliano wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

/credibility

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard