GullyFoyle
+25|5356

Where is the Sharqi footage?  Did I miss it?

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2011-12-06 05:43:13)

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
There was onlya small amount I think.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
Coop score got redone, i´m only a few thousand points away from the G3 now, whereas I only had the KH2002 unlocked before.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239

GullyFoyle wrote:

They haven't released a Sharqi video yet. Just a general video showing all maps, Karkand, Oman, Wake. They'll probably release it next week when they release the pack on the PC.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

GullyFoyle wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-BX_DAT … e=youtu.be

https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwgKOs3xSd3IVfLhzTDqn02v2UXbEUV5fJwDJwvFu_729stInwKJSpCwhoIQ

DPVs are back!!!!
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
it's kinda sad that everyone is literally begging for these 8 year old maps to be re-released now because we're all bored and tired with the cavalcade of bullshit they gave us in the stock game

Last edited by Uzique (2011-12-06 07:07:32)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Uzique wrote:

it's kinda sad that everyone is literally begging for these 8 year old maps to be re-released now because we're all bored and tired with the cavalcade of bullshit they gave us in the stock game
Well, they already "leaked" the info and previews of the B2K maps before the release of the base game.
Those four maps are some of the all-time favourites and easily most played, so what do you expect?

The BF2 version of Wake Island also became an immediate favourite, although it is "just" a remake of the classic 1942 one.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6239

Uzique wrote:

I'm really hoping that DICE will see how popular these maps will be and will create real Battlefield style maps in the future instead of cramped chokepoint-fests, or huge maps with all the flags in a tiny cluster in the middle.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Uzique wrote:

I'm really hoping that DICE will see how popular these maps will be and will create real Battlefield style maps in the future instead of cramped chokepoint-fests, or huge maps with all the flags in a tiny cluster in the middle.
IMO, they could simply re-release all the BF2, SF, EF and AF maps. Well, most of them at least.
I want the forklift and the muscle car back also.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6560|Your attic
Thing is the base mechanics of BF3 are pretty damn good (4 man squads aside), the combat feels better than I expected it to, the vehicles are pretty balanced and generally the game is fun to play and gorgeous to look at. It really is just the maps that have caused BF3 to be such a cluster fuck at times, annoyingly it is the one thing that can be blamed on consoles, with half the amount of players I'm sure city maps we have now would be far better.

While size is an issue, it's as much the layout of the maps that's a problem, double the size of Bazaar and add a load more paths to flags and even that would be a good map, as it stands I want to quit the moment it pops up in a rotation.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA

Towelly wrote:

I think you forget how bad Karkand could be on a 64 player server, if MEC locked down the sides, US would be pinned back to the uncaps for the whole round.

Having said that I am was quite disappointed with the size of the vehicle maps in BF3, do people remember how freaking big the combat area of Operation Cleansweep was? I'm sure it wasn't even the biggest but I think you could probably fit the combat area (by which I mean the flags) of Caspian/Firestorm into the 32 player version of Mashtuur City, Kharg is a little more spread out but even that doesn't come close.
Zatar and Hwy Tampa were an engineer's playground.   HUGE as fuck and a billion Vehicles. Got thousands of mine kills on Tampa.

So happy to see the beach flag, god I love the slaughter that occurs there.

Edit:  We need Op: Smokescreen also.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2011-12-06 08:27:35)

west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
http://kotaku.com/5865504/battlefield-3 … t-problems

Battlefield 3’s Back to Karkand Live Now, But Not Without Problems

Battlefield 3's Back to Karkand Live Now, But Not Without Problems Battlefield 3's Back to Karkand expansion pack is live in Europe and hits the rest of the world this afternoon, if you own the Playstation 3. PC and Xbox 360 owners will need to wait until Dec. 13.

The worldwide roll-out, Electronic Arts warns, is experiencing some minor issues:

"Please use the Quick Match filter settings to pick the Back to Karkand map and mode you want to play. Going through the server browser right now will match you up with base game maps only. We are hard at work isolating and fixing this issue and will have an ETA on this later. Stay tuned for more information. In the meantime, using Quick Match will let you select and play on any map, from the base game or Back to Karkand."

The Back to Karkand expansion is free to everyone who purchased the Limited Edition version of Battlefield 3. Moments ago, the official Battlefield 3 blog posted that the pack was now out in Europe, Australia and New Zealand and that it would be hitting North America between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. PST today and hitting Japan and the rest of Asia on Dec. around 3 p.m. JST.

The above video shows some new gameplay from the expansion pack, all pulled from the Playstation 3. The Karkand pack comes with four Battlefield 2 maps recreated in the Frostbite 2 engine. The pack also includes three vehicles from Battlefield 2 and one new vehicle. It also comes with ten weapons from Battlefield 2. And, according to the blog, those weapons will be usable in all Battlefield 3 maps once you get the DLC.

Developers DICE say that players will be receiving an in-game pop-up window once Back to Karkand is live in their area.

Last edited by west-phoenix-az (2011-12-06 08:40:55)

https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA
Just counted 7 different people attempting to MAVsmash everyone.  Fucking stupid.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
I sure fucking hope sharqi has got ATLEAST one on the THREE uncaps for russians?/bf2 mecs , the picture doesn't show anyone of them...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

4GB patch

It is sad though. I'm getting a bit excited for the Back to Karkand stuff and then I'm like, wait a minute, it's still gonna get boring and shitty after a week or two. I'm hoping that's not the case and I'm hoping that this helps bring back the Battlefield I know and love. My biggest complaint is the maps, and if they can fix that, great. But there's still tons of other shit wrong with this game that I'll soon get more annoyed at once other problems are solved.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
Everytime I've seen footage from wake I get the feeling there should be both more trees and buildings...
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
lHOW IS BACK TO KARKAND USMARINE??? SEEING AS YOU GOT IT ONE WEEK EARLIER THAN EVERYONE ELSE
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

He's gonna say it's awesome to troll everyone.
GullyFoyle
+25|5356
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
memories
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Dare I say they even spread things out a little more? The roads, hallways, paths seem wider.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6096|So Cal
Sharqi  *drools*
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5923
I want to see a comparison video of BF2 to BF3 footage of the new maps. Would be good to see how much has changed.
GullyFoyle
+25|5356

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

I want to see a comparison video of BF2 to BF3 footage of the new maps. Would be good to see how much has changed.
Here's a taste...

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Yay, we've graduated from brown to gray. I think I need to poke around the videocard settings and adjust the colors, fix that retarded saturation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard