OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

Roc18 wrote:

Like I said this is why I don't like the BCS. There should be a playoff system where these 2 prove that against all the other top teams and reach each other in a final match up instead of coaches and computers telling us they're the 2 best teams.
Well, you can't blame the SEC ... the SEC and the ACC were behind a playoff system, and the other conferences rejected it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

gurdeep wrote:

should be a sick title game. suck it haters
It'll be a terrible title game that will be boring, should be unwatched outside the south, and is unfair to the LSU players who already beat Alabama.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
k
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

i g wrote:

i fucking love lou holtz
wtfisthisshit.jpg

cant stand the guy
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

gurdeep wrote:

well lets see, lsu didnt lose, bama barely lost to lsu (shoulda won), and okst lost to IOWA STATE

if that doesnt tell you all you need to know, then you should prolly kys
That's the ONLY meaningful stat Bama beats OSU in.

Just sayin.

It's just SEC bias showing itself again.

Only goodness is that it will reignite the cries for reform of he fucked up BCS system.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT
Alabama played a weaker schedule, lost at home, and didn't even win their conference. Oklahoma State was the obvious choice and it's a shame the morons voting in the coaches and Harris polls didn't see fit to avoid the joke that is the championship game.
OrangeHound

nukchebi0 wrote:

Alabama played a weaker schedule.
There is no way to know this ... however, the assumption is that an SEC conference schedule is a tougher schedule than a UT-Austin 10 conference schedule.

But,  I agree that a team should win their conference in order to qualify for playing for the national championship.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

OrangeHound wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

There is no way to know this ... however, the assumption is that an SEC conference schedule is a tougher schedule than a UT-Austin 10 conference schedule.

But,  I agree that a team should win their conference in order to qualify for playing for the national championship.
There isn't any way to know that Oklahoma State played a more difficult schedule? Do you want to try that sentence again?
OrangeHound

nukchebi0 wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

There isn't any way to know that Oklahoma State played a more difficult schedule? Do you want to try that sentence again?
No.  I stand by my statement.  Alabama and Okie State played different teams ... it is impossible to know which team played a more difficult schedule.  You can make educated guesses, or you can come up with some sort of computer-based geek measurement, but it is impossible to truly know who had a more difficult schedule.

Alabama played an 8-game SEC schedule with four out-of-conference games (a top-25 Penn State and 3 scrubs)
Okie State played a 9-game Texas-10 schedule with three out-of-conference games (a weak Arizona and 2 scrubs)

Which is stronger?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT
I thought you meant have an educated and probably correct idea, not know with certainty. I do agree, then.

Oklahoma State played and beat more top 25 teams and teams with winning records. They played 12 FBS teams and 10 BCS conference teams, whereas Alabama played only 11 FBS teams and 9 BCS conference teams. Their conference opponents have a better combined record than Alabama's despite playing in a round robin. Even if we can't conclude for certain, it seems like we have a very good idea which of the two team' schedules was more demanding.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

gurdeep wrote:

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Go Team SEC so much better than Team Non-SEC.
OrangeHound

nukchebi0 wrote:

I thought you meant have an educated and probably correct idea, not know with certainty. I do agree, then.

Oklahoma State played and beat more top 25 teams and teams with winning records. They played 12 FBS teams and 10 BCS conference teams, whereas Alabama played only 11 FBS teams and 9 BCS conference teams. Their conference opponents have a better combined record than Alabama's despite playing in a round robin. Even if we can't conclude for certain, it seems like we have a very good idea which of the two team' schedules was more demanding.
Seriously, I'm even stating that it is dang near impossible to come up with a "probably correct idea" simply because of two things:

(1)  The conferences are mostly insulated from one another. Teams play almost exclusively within their conferences and their win-loss records are primarily based on how they do within their conference - at most, a quality football team will play only one quality opponent outside their conference and any others are just weak teams that are gimme's to their win column.
(2)  Conferences are just not equal as far as their overall strength.

But, the classic formula that everyone uses for strength of schedule makes the fundamental and incorrect assumption that all games and all conferences are equal as far as strength and then just uses that simplistic calculation based on win-loss records.  That's just not true.

Conferences are not equal, and the teams that are played are not equal.  So, putting every team on a level playing field and then using simple W-L calculations is a flawed approach ... otherwise, every conference would produce an equal amount of NFL talent every year.

And this year, humorously, we see just how flawed the calculations can become.  Does anyone really believe that the 10 toughest schedules in all of college football are played by the 10 teams of the Big 12?  Seriously, that's how this year's Sagarin's SOS numbers are working out ... so, only the Big 12 has tough schedules, and no other team .... riiiiiiight .... the numbers come out this way because these teams primarily play one another.
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6375|Earth
Well now that Bama paid their way into the championship we can switch over to some other top, Heisman. Finalists are (in order of who I want to win):
1. RGIII
2. Montee Ball
3. Andrew Luck
4. Tyrann Mathieu
5. Trent Richardson

What are you guys thinking?
Signature
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
hope rg3 gets it obv
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

RG3...hands down.

Take him out of the equation and Baylor's a .500 team at best.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
rg333333333333333333333333

n1
pyscofrawg
AKA Selkies ftw
+55|6375|Earth
No surprise there. Gave a damn good speech too.
Signature
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
http://network.yardbarker.com/college_f … is/8963224

pretty slick if you ask me. though i liked the other (current? past?) ones too.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
they always have sick unis
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
no shit the chairman went there
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

pirana6 wrote:

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/nike_unveils_oregons_rose_bowl_unis/8963224

how many jerseys does oregon have?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6293|New Haven, CT

Roc18 wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/nike_unveils_oregons_rose_bowl_unis/8963224

how many jerseys does oregon have?
The 2009-2011 jersey cycle had 80 possible combinations in the base set, excluding special sets such as retro jerseys or the ones seen in the national championship game last year.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

RTHKI wrote:

no shit the chairman went there
derp
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
holy shit that baylor game was sick lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard