The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Jesus Christ I'm fat.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK

nukchebi0 wrote:

My friend told me that dips and pushups both recruit more muscle fibers than flat bench press. Is this true? I'd imagine so, because they are both body weight exercises.

Also, I recently started doing intervals on the treadmill - you know you are pathetically out of shape when running 45 seconds at 12 miles per hour (this is supposed to approximate a 300 meter sprint, though obviously with the slow pace it ends up being a bit less) is pushing it. I really wish I had a track accessible so I could do these properly, but sadly the treadmill will have to suffice.
Try to just run at a decent pace constantly if it really gets unbearable tone it down walk/power walk and catch your breath and then start it backup again.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
finally got to do a bit of decline press yesterday.

my dips weren't hitting my lower chest all that well so I figured I'd give decline bench press a go and to be honest it seems to work quite well. this is possibly because I seem to never get the lower part but i felt pretty sore there today. I guess i can throw it in and out of my regime and see what the long-term is. I also did dips again and it turns out I wasn't going far enough down (I had never had a mirror in front of me so I couldn't really tell) so I might be especially sore because I did those with better form but it still seemed like they didn't hit the lower chest as well as decline BP.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
First workout in two months. Missed this shit.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5475|Bolingbrook, Illinois
two weeks ago decided to ignore my spleen pain and just workout anyway because doctors werent helping so whatever

so i break my index finger playing basketball

honestly what the fuck.  why do i keep getting injured.  it's complete bullshit.  i make progress and then lose all of it due to some stupid injury.  damn...
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
So i'm done with physiotherapy this year.
The pain is almost completely gone, and what's left of it feels more like i bumped it against something the day before, which is a lot less painful and discomforting than how it used to be.
I'm going on holiday for two weeks next friday so i won't be doing any lifting, and when i get back i'm going back to lift 3 times a week and dieting. I will also be using creatine.
I still have to use very low weights and high reps (for example: concentration curls with 4kg 3x18) but i am allowed to up the weight and the reps slowly (but surely!)

I want to start using creatine, but will it help if i'm still using very low weights? If not, i might as well wait with it until I've reached a certain point with all my lifts were i would benefit from it.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
Creatine probably won't help it's more for the last rep on the heavy sets. Personally I'd rather not take it and do without.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
Jamie, read: http://www.drpasswater.com/nutrition_li … atine.html

Last edited by m3thod (2011-12-23 15:56:06)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
HaiBai
It's also extremely cheap, so why not?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
I've read up a lot on the stuff. I myself don't like it since it makes me piss a lot. I really didn't feel as though the extra rep/energy was enough to be pissing like a racehorse so often. I feel as though even if it gives me that extra rep I'd probably could do without and just go for it mentally.
HaiBai

wah1188 wrote:

I've read up a lot on the stuff. I myself don't like it since it makes me piss a lot. I really didn't feel as though the extra rep/energy was enough to be pissing like a racehorse so often. I feel as though even if it gives me that extra rep I'd probably could do without and just go for it mentally.
From m3thod's link:

Passwater: Does increased creatine spill into the urine increase the volume of urine?

Greenhaff: No, what we have actually found is during the initial days of supplementation you actually get a decrease in urinary volume but then after two days your urinary volume returns to normal. That's when you are ingesting creatine monohydrate on its own. If you are ingesting a solution of carbohydrates in conjunction with the creatine, then your urinary volume actually increases just by virtue that you are ingesting more fluids.
Then again, I just realized that I used to have to piss all the time when I worked out and took creatine even though I'm still drinking about a gallon of water per day...  Hm...
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK
i personally don't experience any bloating or need to piss like a race horse and i take creatine monohydrate after every workout.  I use a specific brand, Degussa CreaPure.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
All I'm saying is be very careful take it according to your body weight it can damage your kidneys.
HaiBai
meh, a teaspoon of creatine (5g) wont harm anybody
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
Honestly, I'm not too worried about the dosage, and the potential damage it can do to kidney's if you fuck it up.
All i want to know is, will it help me gain muscle mass faster, even when not pushing your absoute limit, weight wise?

If not, I won't be using it during my post-recovery period.
HaiBai

Kampframmer wrote:

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the dosage, and the potential damage it can do to kidney's if you fuck it up.
All i want to know is, will it help me gain muscle mass faster, even when not pushing your absoute limit, weight wise?

If not, I won't be using it during my post-recovery period.
Well, it does increase muscle mass because it basically gives your muscles more water weight.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
I'd say it would be pretty pointless.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
so i've been thinking about having a chest rotation that goes like this:

chest workout1: decline everything (bench press, dumbbell press/fly's etc)
chest workout2: flat everything
chest workout3: incline everything

is this overkill? should I just mix up what I do inside each workout (decline bench press, incline dumbell press, flat fly's on one day then flat BP, incline fly's, decline DB press another day).

Everytime I do chest I feel as though I do or don't hit one area too much or too little. Never even across the whole thing.
m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK
stimulate not obliterate
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Oh wow, I just found the report on the experiment I was guinea pig for, possibly I did the follow up project though.
http://jp.physoc.org/content/482/Pt_2/467.full.pdf

Maximal sprints are not fun, worse when you have a line in your arm and are breathing through a mouthpiece, I didn't do the live biopsies.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
dead link

works now.

Last edited by pirana6 (2011-12-25 16:26:11)

m3thod
+2,197|6663|UK
its works, but dont worry you're not missing anything
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Works for me.

Might be accessible here http://jp.physoc.org/content/482/Pt_2/467.short

Its not very interesting, just a tiny building block in sports science.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2011-12-25 15:22:25)

HaiBai
dude, it's a 30 second sprint.  are you serious?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard