globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
Apparently, the Dr Pepper bottle code algorithm has been cracked:
http://projects.eyewonder.com/barcode/A … 42d6dcdea3

You can now get all of the BF3 promos (skin, dog tags, xbox avatar stuff), as well as all the other EA game promos without much hassle.
http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/

You can only use one of those codes per Dr Pepper account, but you can create multiple, as they don't verify the email address, so you can use fake ones. Each of the fake accounts can be linked to the same EA/BF3 account though.
(BTW, "12345" seems to be a valid US zip code for registering fake accounts.)
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
It seems to work for one, but I can't redeem a second prize. Comes up with this:

https://i.imgur.com/7BciB.png
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

M'kay ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Finray wrote:

It seems to work for one, but I can't redeem a second prize. Comes up with this:

That's why I wrote this:

globefish23 wrote:

You can only use one of those codes per Dr Pepper account, but you can create multiple, as they don't verify the email address, so you can use fake ones. Each of the fake accounts can be linked to the same EA/BF3 account though.
one per account
create multiple fake ones
linked to same EA account

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6710
Works like a charm thanks m8
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
The fun thing is, if you don't clear your cookies, your EA account stays logged in on the Dr Pepper site, so you only have to log out your fake Dr Pepper account, create a new one, rinse & repeat.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Definitely gunna be noticed by EA and they will probably remove all that shit from your account. All they need to do is look for people that have multiple dr pepper accounts linked to your EA account.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
+130|4524|Always Sunny in Philadelphia
why would you want to cheat something so stupid and trivial?  you guys have massive issues.
What is your Spaghetti Policy Here?

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

globefish23 wrote:

Finray wrote:

That's why I wrote this:

globefish23 wrote:

one per account
create multiple fake ones
linked to same EA account

im dum
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Vilham wrote:

Definitely gunna be noticed by EA and they will probably remove all that shit from your account. All they need to do is look for people that have multiple dr pepper accounts linked to your EA account.
Or just close your entire Origin account which you agreed in the EULA to let them do if you "cheat" on anything like this...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

FloppY_ wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Or just close your entire Origin account which you agreed in the EULA to let them do if you "cheat" on anything like this...
they won't
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

eusgen wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Vilham wrote:

they won't
I wouldn't consider it below EA tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

why would you want to cheat something so stupid and trivial?  you guys have massive issues.

Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
and btw zip 12345 is GE HQ i reckon

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
When I click on the first link it bring me to a white page with this text: &decrypted=00EEBALT0KPF

Vilham wrote:

i doubt they investigate free dr pepper advertising
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Vilham wrote:

i doubt they investigate free dr pepper advertising
They will have software that automatically monitors large changes like this its exactly how they detect stat padding and is how they reranked everyone that used the EOD bot exploit to level, they also have community managers whos job is to keep on top of things like this and report it back. The moment something like this gets announced within the community DICE know about it.

Using this to get free stuff is basically screwing over the endorsement that EA and dr pepper have, they most certainly will do something about this.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I'd rather not risk my entire Origin account for the sake of some dogtags.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'd rather not risk my entire Origin account for the sake of some dogtags.
hey there long time no c

myself.. well i wouldnt take the time to even make a dr pepper account
tuckergustav
+1,590|5883|...

EA wouldn't care about this I think...Dr. Pepper is the one that is spending their advertising dollars on it.  They will soon come up with a way to curb this.  Probably e-mail verification.  After all ...it is just a way to get more emails so they can send out more ads.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
EA won't care about people abusing a deal they have with another company? Yeah. Sure they won't.
Chardee MacDennis
Green Man

Vilham wrote:

EA won't care about people abusing a deal they have with another company? Yeah. Sure they won't.

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I'm gonna use this to get the recon outfit for my PlayStation Home avatar.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Chardee MacDennis wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Chardee MacDennis
Green Man
btw i sent an email to dr pepper regarding this.  and I linked this thread.  enjoy.

Last edited by Chardee MacDennis (2011-11-28 13:22:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard