FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

No and I think you can join the companions without doing it anyway.

It's still really easy to do if you sprint to destination.
You can join them even if you never meet them at the farm next to the honey-mead place...

I believe you, that it's easy, I only did it twice and neither time did I expect them to be there, so by the time I turned left at the cross-section they were nearly done killing him... on my 2nd time I was busy murdering a legion squad transporting a Stormcloak...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6477

https://i.imgur.com/vo4rL.png
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
becomes so easy with dragonrend
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

NooBesT wrote:

Iknowthatfeel

Even worse when you manage to fight a dragon down to 10%-ish hp and it lifts off and just flies away

FatherTed wrote:

How far into the main quest do you get Dragonrend?
I'm at the point where Spoiler (highlight to read):
the blade chick is waiting at the first Tomb for me to "hurry up" and come join her before another dragon is resurrected

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-24 14:05:39)

NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6477

I'm pretty sure dragons can't fly anymore with that low health. The game forces them to land after they've lost around 75% of their health.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6747|Toronto | Canada

snipe em with lightning bolt, duh
FloppY_
­

NooBesT wrote:

I'm pretty sure dragons can't fly anymore with that low health. The game forces them to land after they've lost around 75% of their health.
Well the one that did it to me apparently didn't know that

I guess it could have had 26% hp......
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

FloppY_ wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

Iknowthatfeel

Even worse when you manage to fight a dragon down to 10%-ish hp and it lifts off and just flies away

FatherTed wrote:

How far into the main quest do you get Dragonrend?
I'm at the point where Spoiler (highlight to read):
the blade chick is waiting at the first Tomb for me to "hurry up" and come join her before another dragon is ressurected
literally just before the end
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Arrows are still a great way to do it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
arrows are fucking randum (xD) like the crosshair only works for like 10-20m, they have a tendancy to go up??? and shit
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Arrows are still a great way to do it.
Again with the bow... What kind of godlike arrows do you use brah'

I can't hit anything unless the bloody thing hoovers above me...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Fire ahead of where they're going and you'll hit them. It's like SRAWing a helicopter.
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Fire ahead of where they're going and you'll hit them. It's like SRAWing a helicopter.
I'm usually pretty good at judging flight-trajectories and travel-time... But in Skyrim I can't hit anything unless it's stationary or moving towards me

Obviously doesn't help that the bow shoots up'n'over the crosshair instead of flying straight and then dropping...

EDIT: This:
https://i.imgur.com/Y12Qc.png

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-24 14:13:38)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
i'm just shit at archery. ill sneak and fire like 8 arrows at a dude, no hits then get bored and rush in and stab stab stab zap zap zap instead
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
I am arrow masta. One hit killing errythang
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6613|Greenwood, IN
I... Must... Eat... And... Sleep...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'm usually pretty good at judging flight-trajectories and travel-time... But in Skyrim I can't hit anything unless it's stationary or moving towards me

Obviously doesn't help that the bow shoots up'n'over the crosshair instead of flying straight and then dropping...

EDIT: This:
As someone who has done a lot of archery, this is entirely correct. The key that most people seem to be missing is that when you aim an arrow you aren't looking directly down the shaft- it isn't like the sights on a rifle. If you are shooting an arrow from a close distance and align the tip over your target, the arrow will overshoot your mark.
If you are looking perfectly horizontally (as shown in the figure) the back of the arrow is near your cheek (below your line of sight). In order for the tip of the arrow to be on the same horizontal plane as your eye and the target, the arrow therefore has to be angled slightly upwards (also as seen in the figure). While the arrow is accelerating downwards throughout its entire flight due to gravity, this angle gives it an initial upwards velocity. If the target is close enough, the arrow wont have time to drop below the horizontal again.
Thus, when you are aiming at a close target you aim the tip of your arrow slightly below your mark, close to your mark for a medium target, and above your mark for a distant one.
EDIT: Apparently this applies to gun sights as well, thanks!
EDIT 2: There's been a lot of focus on the crosshair, claiming that this is the game "adjusting for gravity" or something. That isn't the case. The crosshair simply points directly in front of you- it is your line of sight. The crosshair shows where you are looking, and the bow is shown as it would be used. There is nothing programmed into the game turning the crosshair into an "aim-helper"; the game does nothing more than show you what is there (your line of sight and bow position), and leaves the rest to you. This is actually as realistic as it could be, it just seems unintuitive if you're used to the FPS "crosshair = where the bullet will go" method.
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

Agh I'm at 75 smithing, but I keep having to wait in Whiterun so that the people at Warmaiden's will replenish their supply of leather, leather strips and iron ingot so I can powerlevel my smithing lol

I got the Daedra heart, so I'm pretty much ready to go, but I need 15 more smithing levels. I'm so impatient it's ridiculous.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6835|Lithuania
dude, fast travel to any other blacksmith and then back to whiterun - insta replenish
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Ryan

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

dude, fast travel to any other blacksmith and then back to whiterun - insta replenish
Not neccessarily. Say I smith at Whiterun, then fast travel to say, Riverwood, then fast travel back to Whiterun, they won't have a new supply. I have to wait like 24 hours, or however long it takes for them to get new stuff.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD

Ryan wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Not neccessarily. Say I smith at Whiterun, then fast travel to say, Riverwood, then fast travel back to Whiterun, they won't have a new supply. I have to wait like 24 hours, or however long it takes for them to get new stuff.
If the amount of time is the rule, I don't see why you couldn't just fast travel through all the Blacksmiths of Skyrim, by then that amount of time must've progressed and you can just do it all over again after you get your smithing done.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Doesn't fast-travel jump the game ahead in time?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Doesn't fast-travel jump the game ahead in time?
That's what I'm saying, you should just go to all of them and get more stuff from the other places and simultaneously complete the amount of time to restock

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-24 17:15:57)

Ryan

I can't seem to find anywhere else that sells the amount of iron and leather that the blacksmith's in Whiterun sell. I can maybe managed to get 10 ingots or so. I want like 30, which is what Warmaiden's offers.

It's pretty easy though. I just buy from the chick outside of Warmaidens, go in and buy from the guy, make my iron daggers, sell them back to her, wait a few hours, repeat.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
buy from the two dudes at warmaidens, run up to skyforge and buy there. then craft, hit T and wait 48 hours (takes like 20secs actual time). rinse repeat
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard