-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5494|Ventura, California
USB on xbox 360 turtlebeaches is for power. Then there a 2.5mm jack which I have no idea where it plugs into.

Most complicated crap on the planet. Can they not have a sound+microphone USB headset or something?
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6306|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

-Sh1fty- wrote:

USB on xbox 360 turtlebeaches is for power. Then there a 2.5mm jack which I have no idea where it plugs into.

Most complicated crap on the planet. Can they not have a sound+microphone USB headset or something?
Shifty it's pretty simple from the charts shown on that page

There is a jack for the under-controller chat and Right+Left plugs for the game audio which is then mixed on the headsets that feature it...

It's not rocket science just read the damn info on the pages... Hell I haven't had a console since Nintendo64 and even I can understand it by looking at the pictures of a 360 and the charts

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-07 18:48:03)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
read through it again now that I'm not in a rush. Mkay so I need to buy this Toshlink thing. Sounds good then guess I'm set, going to read through the actual site again later though. then karma you
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5925|CA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Tritton AX720.
http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/ax720.asp

Includes a mix-amp that plugs into the optical sound port in the back, simulates 5.1 surround and runs independently from the monitor.  I use these with my PS3, and have the PS3 hooked up to a monitor with an HDMI -> DVI (literally HDMI on one end and DVI on the other) cable.

Steelseries has a few Xbox 360 headsets too:
http://steelseries.com/us/products/audio

Basically just buy an Xbox 360 specific headset and it should work fine.
FloppY_
­

TopHat01 wrote:

Basically just buy an Xbox 360 specific headset and it should work fine.
This is the point I've been trying to push into his head for a few posts now, seems to hit his forehead and slide off
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6679|BC, Canada
Tritton mics break easy and their customer service is pretty much the worst ever.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
My friend's turtlebeach headset needs the USB plugged in and a red and white wires to the TV before the red/white/yellow wires from the xbox are plugged in.

Since my monitor doesn't have red/white/yellow female ports, how do I use the headset? or is there an xbox 360 headset that only uses USB for mic and audio?
FloppY_
­

-Sh1fty- wrote:

My friend's turtlebeach headset needs the USB plugged in and a red and white wires to the TV before the red/white/yellow wires from the xbox are plugged in.

Since my monitor doesn't have red/white/yellow female ports, how do I use the headset? or is there an xbox 360 headset that only uses USB for mic and audio?
That was shown on the chart I posted and there was plenty of info on how to plug it in on that site...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
It's $270...
FloppY_
­

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's $270...
I also told you there were cheaper models on that page
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5925|CA

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Tritton mics break easy and their customer service is pretty much the worst ever.
Had the AX720's for a year now and they're fine - I've dropped them a few times too.

@Shifty: Buy a headset that uses optical input - it's all you can do since LCD monitors don't have speakers and don't support sound.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6480|UK
So you figured out how to do this yet?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6626|Greenwood, IN
Which LCD monitor did you choose?

This is the one I have for my 360.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6824236099
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
got a 21.5'' LCD 1080p Samsung with a VGA and DVI input

I'm going to use an HDMI from the xbox to the DVI of the screen for video, and I'm still trying to figure out the audio. Floppy's headsets are like 100+ with the TOSLINK system but I think I can just get a VGA adapter and get a standard turtlebeach.

(I haven't forgotten karma guys, you'll get it.)
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
would this work? I could maybe plug the turtlebeach A/V into the AV outlets, then the VGA to the monitor, and the main thing to the xbox?
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5925|CA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

would this work? I could maybe plug the turtlebeach A/V into the AV outlets, then the VGA to the monitor, and the main thing to the xbox?
You don't need your monitor for sound, it doesn't support it anyways.  HDMI -> DVI for video, Optical port for audio.  It's not that hard.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
got it!

I bought a think that has an adapter on one end for the white and red cables (female) and has the xbox connection thing for the box on the other end

all set! now all I need is an HDMI cable for $5 @ Frys

E* distributing karma

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2011-11-12 15:33:14)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
It's all hooked up and working! HDMI, HDMI to DVI, xbox port to red/white cables, and I've got the 22'' up and running with turtlebeaches and it's all awesome. The game looks 10x better and the audio is freaking MIND BLOWING with the turtlebeaches.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard