Penn State.

lol
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Poseidon wrote:

Penn State.

lol
Yeah. That's bad. But Jason Whitlock is batshit crazy. That fucker sees racist conspiracy everywhere he looks.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

FEOS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Penn State.

lol
Yeah. That's bad. But Jason Whitlock is batshit crazy. That fucker sees racist conspiracy everywhere he looks.
JoePa should just resign, honestly. He was close to retiring anyways (fucker's 83 ffs) and this is pretty fucking bad. How do you know about it for this long and do nothing but report it to school officials?
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
I read that he reported it to the AD.
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

Poseidon wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Penn State.

lol
JoePa should just resign, honestly. He was close to retiring anyways (fucker's 83 ffs) and this is pretty fucking bad. How do you know about it for this long and do nothing but report it to school officials?

nukebi0 wrote:

I read that he reported it to the AD.
The argument is that, as head coach, he had more power than that.

Speculation is that it's the allegations that drove this guy to "resign" in 99. If Paterno knew about this for that long and kept a lid on it, he deserves the black mark on his legacy that this will bring.

Regarding Whitlock, I was referring to his conspiracy theory that "everyone kept a lid on this so that Paterno could get more wins that Robinson at Grambling. White man gotta keep a black man down." Bull. Shit.

Let’s not ignore the timing of the release of the grotesque and shocking grand jury report/indictments, conveniently revealed a week after Paterno surpassed Grambling’s Eddie Robinson on the all-time wins list. A two-year investigation wrapped up just as JoePa placed a bow on his legacy and 11 months after Paterno testified in front of the grand jury examining Sandusky’s alleged two decades of heinous perversion.

Coincidence? Not in my eyes.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
So is this the worst possible way to lose your job?

>Paterno
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6692|The Ville

Roc18 wrote:

>Paterno
He already has the record so why not enjoy retirement instead of dying on the field ? The allocations aren't about him but an ex member of his coaching staff. He is just getting out now so he doesn't have to deal with it. "Unless the part where the woman told Paterno is true" then I can see that being a bad way to leave.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Obiwan wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

>Paterno
He already has the record so why not enjoy retirement instead of dying on the field ? The allocations aren't about him but an ex member of his coaching staff. He is just getting out now so he doesn't have to deal with it. "Unless the part where the woman told Paterno is true" then I can see that being a bad way to leave.
He's done like dinner no matter what. His legacy will die with this, I promise. He reported it to the school who did nothing, and then LET THE GUY BACK INTO THE FACILITIES following it. You have a moral obligation to do what's right in a situation like that. I don't legally have to stop a burglary I see happening, but should I at least call the police?

Of those 20+ boys who have been revealed, a good portion of them can blame Paterno and the school for not doing a god damn thing.

Fucking disgusting. People talked about the OSU and UM scandals... they don't hold a drop of water compared to this shit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
JoePa AND the University pres are out. Wow.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
I'm betting there's some skeletons in Paterno's closet. Why would he keep letting a child rapist into his facilities? Why would he not report it to police? He's either a coward or perhaps he didn't want Sandusky revealing something that would ruin him.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
God, I thought we were stupid for rioting after winning a game, this is a whole other level of idiocy:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
FEOS
+1,182|6408|'Murka

You stay classy, Happy Valley.
― Albert Einstein

OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6646|Washington DC

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

God, I thought we were stupid for rioting after winning a game, this is a whole other level of idiocy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4I84Gy-cPI
I really hope that the students are just ignorant ... otherwise, this is sad.

Or, perhaps the Catholic church was smart.  They knew that if they dismissed the Bishops and Pope who protected child-molesting priests, then there would be chaos and rioting in the streets as Catholics cried out because their weekend masses would have new leadership ...

(That last paragraph was sarcasm, in case anyone missed the tone).
Brasso
+1,549|6627

as a student of PSU i can assure you that the majority of this campus did NOT want to see the riots happen.  we were practically begging others to put on a show of decency and to reassure the nation that we are a school of honor and integrity.  there was a large riot after osama's death (which was nonviolent and resulted in no damage), and i feel like the students who missed that riot were itching for another reason so they could be part of something "cool."

as much as we love our 84 year old head coach like a father, the general consensus (at least among most of my friends) is that although joepa was not legally obligated to do more than tell the AD, he was morally obligated to report the events that took place.

Last edited by Brasso (2011-11-10 06:58:48)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
I havent been paying attention. did the kids/parents ever go to the police?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Brasso
+1,549|6627

only after one kid's parents came forward did the others follow suit afaik
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
gurdeep
­
+812|4752|proll­y
https://i.imgur.com/HmAx2.png
Brasso
+1,549|6627

lol that's so misinformed.  no one knows what joepa was actually told by mcqueary, who should have been fired as well by the way.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5911|...

Brasso wrote:

lol that's so misinformed.  no one knows what joepa was actually told by mcqueary, who should have been fired as well by the way.
Yes. He is just as responsible. Anybody that knew what was happening and didn't report it to the police should NOT be employed by PSU right now. 

The way this was handled at the time communicates that everyone involved was more interested in protecting the school and the football program.  They banned this guy from bringing little boys to the facility.  That doesn't stop anything, it just relocates it.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

tuckergustav wrote:

Brasso wrote:

Yes. He is just as responsible. Anybody that knew what was happening and didn't report it to the police should NOT be employed by PSU right now. 

The way this was handled at the time communicates that everyone involved was more interested in protecting the school and the football program.  They banned this guy from bringing little boys to the facility.  That doesn't stop anything, it just relocates it.
i completely agree that anyone who knew what was going on should not have a job here, but you can't say that everyone involved was only interested in protecting the school.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5911|...

Brasso wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Brasso wrote:

i completely agree that anyone who knew what was going on should not have a job here, but you can't say that everyone involved was only interested in protecting the school.
The only other alternative is that they were interested in protecting a child molester...so...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
How the fuck do you let the guy have an office ON SCHOOL GROUNDS when there's even the slightest HINT that he might have done something like he'd done? Everyone, not just JoePa, who was involved in this and did NOTHING should be brought to trial as a conspirator, if there is such a charge available. With JoePa hiring a defense lawyer, it looks like there may be.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

i don't know about his office on school grounds, and if he still had access to it, then that's just plain wrong.  but i do know that after the 2002 incident which mcqueary watched, sandusky's football complex access was revoked.

tucker - the more and more i think about it, i feel like you may be right.  it's the last thing i want to accept at this moment though.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5481|Bolingbrook, Illinois
gurdeep
­
+812|4752|proll­y
would be nice if we played like this more often

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard