Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6537|London (At Heart)

I like the getting up from prone position, prevents any sort of dolphin diving apart from that, yeah the animations are quite slow especially when your guy can't get over a tree that's fallen at ankle height and just kind of uselessly bobs around for ages
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6663
You tend to get stuck on little insignificant looking shit on the ground.  Cinderblock-sized hunks of buildings and whatnot.  It's pretty annoying.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6664

I feel like my W key gives out a lot. A small piece of debris on the ground will prevent me from moving and I'll get stuck out in the open and die. Really fucking aggravating.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6585|London
I once got the climb animation on a fucking twig on the ground. Yes it got me killed.

The climbing thing itself bugs way too often, most of the time it doesn't even get you over the wall/rail.

And yes there's way too much unpassable debris on the ground. My favourite is strafing unexpectedly into a pebble in a 1v1 firefight.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

Aries_37 wrote:

The climbing thing itself bugs way too often, most of the time it doesn't even get you over the wall/rail.
Yeh I am always accidentally interrupting it by trying to move or shoot etc before it finishes. I also dont like that in places like the edge of the bridge on siene crossing it is a real struggle to jump on top of the side railing instead of vaulting into the river. I should really stop blaming consoles but show me a console game without this kind of jump prompt shit and with normal button=jump behaviour.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6698|"The Empire"

Lucien wrote:

get up from prone and FUCKING DIE INSTANTLY
This is so true.
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
The knife animation is too slow.It's happened a couple of times when I shou ld have gotten 2 knife kills and only got one.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Lucien wrote:

get up from prone and FUCKING DIE INSTANTLY
This is so true.
It seems like your point of view does not actually represent the height of your hitbox while prone.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
Yeah, it's an annoying, but you work with it. It's part of the game and ain't going away. I can't remember the last time I was stupid enough to get up from prone while under fire. I'd crawl to a place with higher cover then crouch or run.

This sort of stuff is really nothing to get worked up on. Works better than it did in BF2, by the end, IMO.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
well, you know, it's not that shit, you just, um, deal with it, yeah, they wont fix it, anyway, imo, lol
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
Exactly.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480

Lucien wrote:

The skill rating system is retarded

I'm the 195th highest 'skilled' player in the world after whoring jets
then I play several amazing rounds as inf, all my stats go up, yet my skill goes down by 400
also the ELO skill system they have in this game doesn't take into account your lifetime's history of skill... it is retardedly short-sighted, with severe memory loss. you can float at 450-500 skill for a week (i.e. you're obviously a decent-enough player, all round, in a variety of roles and playstyles) but then if you have 2-3 bad rounds on a server where your team get raped and ass-pounded (which may not even be your fault, or in your control) and you're straight back down to 200's. as if you never maintained a skill level in the first place. doesn't make any sense. the 'skill' rating in this game, as far as i can tell, basically just serves as a 'how good were your last few rounds' marker.

it's kinda like a 'you're only as good as your last round's score' philosophy. which definitely isn't how actual ELO skill rating systems work in professional sports like chess. you don't lose one chess game at master's level and then go back down to playing against old men in street cafes. another system integrated into battlelog that is utterly pointless.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-11-06 07:57:22)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5760|شمال
I miss the horn.. it is one of my fav
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

My skill lost 200 points when I didnt play for a day or so, so there is that as well. It is so non-indicative it might as well be random.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6702
yall better watch out for my shotgun
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6749
One problem I've found playing it on my sons Xbox, is that some of the maps for conquest are just too damn big for only 12 per side.

Apart for that pretty fun game
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6668|BC, Canada
Does TDM pretty much feel like free-for-all to anyone else, thoroughly bored with it already.
Roc18
`
+655|5800|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
>Playing TDM
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5518|America
Conquest is where all the fun's at bro.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6668|BC, Canada

Blade4509 wrote:

Conquest is where all the fun's at bro.
So far yes. I can see rush being fun with a squad of friends, but since no one plays the objective...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6480
rush is just frustrating because there's no way to coordinate teamwork in this game at all, so you cannot control the win/loss at all.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roc18
`
+655|5800|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Rush is so much better in this game due to the better map design compared to Bad Company 2.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5518|America
Squad rush is fun if you have RL friends, but I suppose that goes for any game mode.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
rush is fucking frustrating.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5595

Roc18 wrote:

Rush is so much better in this game due to the better map design compared to Bad Company 2.
Nope. Rush in BC2 was much better. Defender Spawns being closer to mcoms, mcom placement, and the ability to bash mcoms made bc2 rush better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard