SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
mother fucker wont launch on new rig... Cant even click com center etc.. fucking ghey.... fixes on the forums seem to be of no help..
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
I had to reformat twice to get mine to work.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468

Superior Mind wrote:

So far BF3 has made me bsod about 4 times.
any overclocks?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
SonderKommando
Yay reformatting a fresh install fun!
SonderKommando
Well, Im not even being prompted for the browser plug in.. I know thats why its not working. Battlog cant interface with teh exe... I've checked all the browser settings that would inhibit this.. I think the issue might be something related to port usage here at work.  I finished the final configuration of the new PC here and decided to give bf3 a go. 

Guess I'll just have to wait and see when I get home.  Can any of you guys check your add\remove programs... doesnt the plug in actually have an entry in there?  I dont have it, nor am I being prompted... Like I said almost sure its a port\ISA proxy or something issue on our infrastructure
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke

SonderKommando wrote:

Well, Im not even being prompted for the browser plug in.. I know thats why its not working. Battlog cant interface with teh exe... I've checked all the browser settings that would inhibit this.. I think the issue might be something related to port usage here at work.  I finished the final configuration of the new PC here and decided to give bf3 a go. 

Guess I'll just have to wait and see when I get home.  Can any of you guys check your add\remove programs... doesnt the plug in actually have an entry in there?  I dont have it, nor am I being prompted... Like I said almost sure its a port\ISA proxy or something issue on our infrastructure
Yeah its under add/remove, Battlelog Web Plugins.
SonderKommando
fuck man, took me forever to find the download for it outside battlog.  I dont trust media fire etc so I scanned it and it came back clean, installed on a test VM and it looks legit.  Gonna reinstall bf3 on the actual box then install the plug in manually... or just wait till im off work and see what happens

didnt work.  Just gonna have to figure this one out the hard way. Sigh, spend all these hours and all this money and now nothing!  Least Skyrim hits next week!

Last edited by SonderKommando (2011-11-05 13:04:45)

legionair
back to i-life
+336|6621|EU

anyone managed to hit something with choppers TV missile?
SonderKommando
Well issue was confirmed to my work network, prob ISA or port issues on one of the many firewalls.  Working fine from home!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England

legionair wrote:

anyone managed to hit something with choppers TV missile?
Been reading that they're bugged to miss a lot.
display driver is up to date

Still no visibility of the maps and player icons in game
What's next on the checklist/?
Typh00n
In Flames
+22|6542|42
Some stuttering, barely noticable went away when i turned of HT.

So for those of you with an intel processor, turn off your Hyper-Threading if applicable.

(Atleast until its fixed)

Sorry if this was already posted.
aLeX
.?
+160|6328|:D

Need some help. For the record my knowledge of computer hardware is fairly limited.

Specs:

Vista 64 bit
4GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
NVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 (Drives updated to 285.62)

Game stutters (badly), both movement and sound on singleplayer with all settings on low. Is my pc just not good enough to run this game or am I missing something?

Help muchly appreciated, please and thanks.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
your computer isn't fast enough, really. you're probably running out of RAM (causing the stutters), and your slow processor and graphics card certainly aren't helping out. you need to upgrade. bf3 was designed for dx10/dx11 in mind and the 8800GTS with an amd 64 / ddr2 system is barely cutting the mustard for first-gen dx10 (think crysis on medium).
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
aLeX
.?
+160|6328|:D

Uzique wrote:

your computer isn't fast enough, really. you're probably running out of RAM (causing the stutters), and your slow processor and graphics card certainly aren't helping out. you need to upgrade. bf3 was designed for dx10/dx11 in mind and the 8800GTS with an amd 64 / ddr2 system is barely cutting the mustard for first-gen dx10 (think crysis on medium).
Balls. Suggestions on cheap yet effective upgrade? I'd be happy running it on medium settings; don't see the point in running it on "Ultra" seeing as the shitty lighting ruins everything anyway; it's amazing how anyone managed to drive in the land of BF3 considering car headlights are bright enough to burn out your retinas. Oh, and next time you're ever in a gun battle, don't use a gun, simply opt for a torch with a level of brightness on par with the fucking sun.

Torch > Bullets

Shopping list required please.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
you'll need a q6600 era quad-core, minimum, and i would personally recommend upgrading to a mobo that supports ddr3 ram. and so you should be happy running it on medium - i am, and my computer is about 10x better than yours! to get medium on bf3 you'll need at least a £450-500 computer, built today, by brand new standards.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5747|شمال
ddr3 and q6600?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
"i would personally recommend upgrading mobo" basically means "get a whole new computer". i meant q6600 as minimum if he wants to stick with his current level of tech. sorry, wasn't very clear, there. i thought saying "ddr3 ram and an i5" would be redundant.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341
So, the game won´t start. Says theres a problem with my setup.

Drivers are up to date, i already reinstalled and repaired the isntallation, to no avail.

Won´t even start SP. Any tips?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6712|US
Hooray for what little voice chat the game had completely dying.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6685|"The Empire"

Sisco wrote:

Drivers are up to date, i already reinstalled and repaired the isntallation, to no avail.

Have you updated Origin and Battlelog, there has been a few updates recently?
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Have you updated Origin and Battlelog, there has been a few updates recently?
Yeah, I did. I read through google that windows updates and IE9 fixed it for some people, going to try that now.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
^ using Internet Explorer to fix?? did i read that right?
what is the best browser to launch with?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

I used ie but it was horrible so I switched to Firefox. In my opinion ff is better.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
ff and chrome
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard