Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
Maybe he doesn't but I do find myself in agreement with him, fuck the Oblivion planes, I know you don't have to go to them a whole lot but still, the first time I played the game I quit just before the end of the first Daedra section, I felt they were THAT awful. Maybe it's just me but I actually find the dragons of Skyrim to have more personality and be a more engaging menace than Dagon, who you as a character never even get to kill, and his boring princes.

Edit: I know that people are going to now say a whole load of stuff about how TES games are barely even about the main story but still, it's an important part and goes a long way to defining the feel of a game.

Having been doing a little more reading on this game one of the coolest things I've seen is the Radiant Story system, a series like TES has been crying out for this and whichever developer got it to work properly deserves all the money Bethesda can throw at him/her. Lastly I hope they can capture the feeling of actual cities and towns - or at least how they may have been in the middle ages... with dragons -  there have been so few games where I've felt the populous of an area are anything more than just a load of character models going around in the same scripted circles, again from what I've read they've spent a whole ton of time making the environments feel alive

Last edited by Towelly (2011-11-02 16:48:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

FloppY_ wrote:

Also, yes... oblivion levels in TES:IV should have been kept to a minimum instead of the chore it became...
There's a reason why they're side missions. You don't have to do them to beat the game any more than you had to collect all the dragon coins in Super Mario World to finish up.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Look at what they did to the Fighter's Guild guy in the first part of this video, I wonder if Skyrim will have a construction set like that:

Stimey
­
+786|6112|Ontario | Canada
Werewolves confirmed
­
­
­
­
­
­
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA
confirmed not in game...
Stimey
­
no actually theyre in there and you can turn into one
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
https://i.imgur.com/kSRzt.jpg
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Stimey
­
PC Dvd leaked, waiting on a crack.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

PC Dvd leaked, waiting on a crack.
You'll probably have to wait for the day 1 patch as well...
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

im really considering this game since ive passed over basically every game in the past few years.  though i might wait until finals are over in december and xmas sales.
FloppY_
­

Winston_Churchill wrote:

im really considering this game since ive passed over basically every game in the past few years.  though i might wait until finals are over in december and xmas sales.
By then it should be playable too... I really hope Bethesda breaks tradition and finally release a game that doesn't have save-game breaking bugs...

Early versions of FO3 / NV had such high risk of "losing" a vital NPC forcing you to replay 5-10 hours of stuff

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-08 18:27:20)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

Best thing about Morrowind was being able to kill "essential" npc's and being able to keep playing in a doomed world. None of this mysterious invincibility stuff.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Reciprocity
+721|6573|the dank(super) side of Oregon
two days.....I want this fucking game.
Stimey
­

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Best thing about Morrowind was being able to kill "essential" npc's and being able to keep playing in a doomed world. None of this mysterious invincibility stuff.
I like that in New Vegas as compared to FO3.

FO3 the first time I played through I did kind of a "Kill everyone" run, but I was disappointed when a ton of the NPC's just fell asleep at my bullets.
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Stimey wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

FO3 the first time I played through I did kind of a "Kill everyone" run, but I was disappointed when a ton of the NPC's just fell asleep at my bullets.
Being able to kill mission critical NPC's can be annoying if they get themselves killed. Hard to finish the game that way.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6511|Adelaide, South Australia

I like that the release date is my birthday.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Stimey wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Being able to kill mission critical NPC's can be annoying if they get themselves killed. Hard to finish the game that way.
In NV there was only one NPC you actually needed to finish the game and he was a robot who could download himself onto other robots so you couldn't kill him.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
If you pre-ordered it on Steam, they've started letting you preload the game now so you're ready to go once it unlocks at midnight on the 10th

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-11-09 09:32:46)

Stimey
­
So I've decided I'm doing a Captain America run.

Shield in one hand fist for the other. Idk whether to go heavy or light armour though.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

So I've decided I'm doing a Captain America run.

Shield in one hand fist for the other. Idk whether to go heavy or light armour though.
Spandex is considered light armor I think
Stimey
­
Thats what I thought.

Hopefully down the line when the mod tools are released someone will make superhero costumes rofl.
­
­
­
­
­
­
FloppY_
­

Stimey wrote:

Thats what I thought.

Hopefully down the line when the mod tools are released someone will make superhero costumes rofl.
^^

Maybe there is some Mithril armor you can wear until then...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-11-09 12:13:23)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Captain America kills children.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

I like that the release date is my birthday.
it's my 6th BF2s Birthday
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Looking forward to this game. If the main quest is as boring as Oblivion's, I can exhaust it with the side missions.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard