0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6692
EA and DICE have neglected us long enough. Indeed, the original BF2 development team has left DICE / EA, and have started off on their own, a clear sign that they are also annoyed with EA's habit to destroy a franchise. We are fed up; it's undeniable, most of us are extremely disgruntled with their customer support, their habit of unbalancing the game on every update, and their extreme condescendence towards their own customers on their own forums.

I'm pretty sure we all want change, and that we won't all agree on everything, but the game is heavily unbalanced! I propose a boycott on Battlefield 2142 by the entire BF2S community until EA not only stops its neglect for customers, but forces their "replacement" DICE team to actually learn how to use the BF2 Editor rather than teaching them how to change numbers.

Therefore, I've compiled a list of changes that we demand. This will be subject to change and will be frequently updated depending on the replies that come in. Just for starters, I've proposed a few that most people can agree on.

Vehicles

Jet POV [AVIATION VEHICLE COCKPIT VIEW]

Alright. Some of us have played flight simulators before and would like to be able to fly the jets and move my view direction around while flying. It's an essential mechanism for tracking enemy pilots, so why leave it out? It's in virtually every other flight sim we've played, so why not here? Are they lazy? Maybe.

M1A2 Abrams [USMC TANK]

DEMANDED FIXES: Fix the hitboxes to be more like the T-90. It's absurd that we have to lose half of our hull before we even get close enough to the enemy to fire our cannons.

Mi-28 Havok [MEC ATTACK HELICOPTER]

DEMANDED TWEAK: Why does the USMC have a weaker machine gun on their AH-1Z SuperCobra? Wait, let me correct myself; Why is the Havok's grenade launcher stronger than the SuperCobra's minigun? I don't care if they are thirty-millimeter rounds, the Apache fires thirty-millimeter and doesn't have such a large explosion. It's annoying that we get killed-- no, gelatinized the second we spawn. Wait, what's that you say? "Just use a AA gun"? Tell me, can you use an AA gun when you can't even get to it? No, I didn't think so.

F35B Joint Strike Fighter [USMC CARRIER-LAUNCHED AIRCRAFT]

DEMANDED FIX: Why can every aircraft in the game dodge an air-to-air missile with the afterburners except the F35B? It's annoying how we can pull up and boost however much we want and still not get away. The J-10 can do it, the MiG can do it; hell, even the Su-30 can do it. So what's the deal, DICE? Why torture us? Do you hate Americans?

Weapons

PKM [SUPPORT UNLOCK]

DEMANDED TWEAK: Well, some people decided to whine about how inaccurate the support weapons were, so they tweaked it. First off, anyone can tweak any damned weapon in this game just like that; "Oh, they want accuracy? Let's put five zeroes on the end of it's accuracy, that will fix it!" Well, now a person using a PKM can kill someone down into the fog on Karkand... standing, fully auto, in ironsights. I understand DICE "fixed" the issue, but I hardly call it a "fix". The machine gun itself is (in real life) over a meter-and-a-half long; it's the Russian equivilant to the mounted Browning machine gun on the Humvees. So why is there no Browning LMG unlock? That's what I thought. A support weapon is made for suppressing the enemy; that is, making them keep their heads down.

M18A2 CLAYMORE [SNIPER SKILL]

DEMANDED FIX: It's insane. Making them invincible to grenades? What were they thinking? In real life, a cockroach scurrying in front of an M18A2 Anti-Personell Claymore Land Mine would make the damned thing's infrared go off, so why the hell would a grenade not do the trick? Or even shrapnel? Or even a medic / ammo bag? It's bad enough they're spread all over the damned place, sometimes stuffed into every corner of the TV station on Sharqi. A support gunner teaming up with a couple of snipers will ruin a game of Sharqi Peninsula if placed on the flag inside the TV station.

Tools

Defibrillators [MEDIC SKILL 2]

DEMANDED FIX: Wow. There isn't just one glitch associated with this crap device, but three. First: The thing studders every so often, and then we have to let off the button for ten seconds before we can use it again. This is not an "anti-statpadding" mechanism, no matter what anyone says. If it were truly an anti-padding mechanism, we wouldn't be getting points from a defibrillator. Second: We can't revive people who are extremely close to a wall. There shouldn't be problems with clipping errors if it's coded right, but DICE's coders are looking for the easy way out by making them not do anything if they're on the wall. Oh well, I guess we can continue on sitting there trying to revive someone three times only to get our skulls caved in by the butt of an AK-101. Third: They can be glitched to heal you three times faster than a medic bag. This glitch is hard to recreate but very possible to do so. In essence it means someone can run into a street filled with gunfire and stand there jumping up and down with their defibrillators as if the street was normal.

Smoke Grenade [ASSAULT SKILL 2]

DEMANDED TWEAK: This is ridiculous. The F2000 toters get four flashbangs, so why don't the regs get four smoke grenades? Stop the laziness, go back, and do what you do best, DICE: change numbers.

Comms Rose [VOICE SELECTION MENU]

Annoyances to the extreme. Being able to spot enemy boats on Karkand is worthless, annoying, and radio spammage. Tell me, DICE, you do a pretty good job emulating a military society with badges and medals and ranks... so by not fixing this, DICE, you're implying that the military wouldn't deal any punishment if there was a moron at the base screaming "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED" into a microphone for hours on end?

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-20 17:05:31)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6742

Clear!
Clear!
Clear!
Alright, you're good to go, now get back to the fight!
Tromboner999
Professional Nubcake
+58|6640|Here to Eternity
I've spotted mobile AA, over!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

Agreed entirely. They should also modify the jets so they stand a chance against each other and make the missiles better. It's disgusting seeing a missile get next to my target then suddenly fly straight into the ionosphere.
Flavius Aetius
+3|6666|Stalking Chuck Norris

0mikr0n wrote:

DEMANDED FIX: It's insane. Making them invincible to grenades? What were they thinking? In real life, a cockroach scurrying in front of an M18A2 Anti-Personell Claymore Land Mine would make the damned thing's infrared go off, so why the hell would a grenade not do the trick? Or even shrapnel? Or even a medic / ammo bag? It's bad enough they're spread all over the damned place, sometimes stuffed into every corner of the TV station on Sharqi. A support gunner teaming up with a couple of snipers will ruin a game of Sharqi Peninsula if placed on the flag inside the TV station.
Real claymores are controled by a wire
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6692

Flavius Aetius wrote:

Real claymores are controled by a wire
Correction: M18A1 Claymores are operated by wire. The M18A2 Claymore can be operated by infrared camera.

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-20 17:07:00)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6740|Malaga, España
Calm down m8, just calm down.

The game is not RL, and Whiners get a cookie from EA

The Game is kinda patched to crap, but as long as I can play, I'll play.

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-05-20 17:13:11)

HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6654|California
As far as the airplane view complaint, I look around all the time while flying, guess you havent found that button yet.
Other than that...

I have no problems with the gameplay, maybe the players, but gameplay....no.

Since day one and all the changes I just learned to adapt...

Coz this game ROCKS!  PERIOD!

If I had that many complaints with a game I wouldnt play it, go find a new flight sim.

But since Battlefield, Ill never play another game with computer opponents...how boring.

Just my two cents, I come in peace, have a nice day.
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6692
This game has lost its sanity. No one plays for fun anymore; it's all stats. When I'm looking for a good team-player squad, I find a bunch of imbecilic command-ignoring jerks. I miss the good old days of BF1942, where there were no stats and (sometimes) people even stood in line for jets.
FromTheAshes
+53|6701

0mikr0n wrote:

EA and DICE have neglected us long enough. Indeed, the original BF2 development team has left DICE / EA, and have started off on their own, a clear sign that they are also annoyed with EA's habit to destroy a franchise. We are fed up; it's undeniable, most of us are extremely disgruntled with their customer support, their habit of unbalancing the game on every update, and their extreme condescendence towards their own customers on their own forums.

I'm pretty sure we all want change, and that we won't all agree on everything, but the game is heavily unbalanced! I propose a boycott on Battlefield 2142 by the entire BF2S community until EA not only stops its neglect for customers, but forces their "replacement" DICE team to actually learn how to use the BF2 Editor rather than teaching them how to change numbers.

Therefore, I've compiled a list of changes that we demand. This will be subject to change and will be frequently updated depending on the replies that come in. Just for starters, I've proposed a few that most people can agree on.

Vehicles

Alright. Some of us have played flight simulators before and would like to be able to fly the jets and move my view direction around while flying. It's an essential mechanism for tracking enemy pilots, so why leave it out? It's in virtually every other flight sim we've played, so why not here? Are they lazy? Maybe.

M1A2 Abrams [USMC TANK]

DEMANDED FIXES: Fix the hitboxes to be more like the T-90. It's absurd that we have to lose half of our hull before we even get close enough to the enemy to fire our cannons.

Mi-28 Havok [MEC ATTACK HELICOPTER]

DEMANDED TWEAK: Why does the USMC have a weaker machine gun on their AH-1Z SuperCobra? Wait, let me correct myself; Why is the Havok's grenade launcher stronger than the SuperCobra's minigun? I don't care if they are thirty-millimeter rounds, the Apache fires thirty-millimeter and doesn't have such a large explosion. It's annoying that we get killed-- no, gelatinized the second we spawn. Wait, what's that you say? "Just use a AA gun"? Tell me, can you use an AA gun when you can't even get to it? No, I didn't think so.

F35B Joint Strike Fighter [USMC CARRIER-LAUNCHED AIRCRAFT]

DEMANDED FIX: Why can every aircraft in the game dodge an air-to-air missile with the afterburners except the F35B? It's annoying how we can pull up and boost however much we want and still not get away. The J-10 can do it, the MiG can do it; hell, even the Su-30 can do it. So what's the deal, DICE? Why torture us? Do you hate Americans?

Weapons

PKM [SUPPORT UNLOCK]

DEMANDED TWEAK: Well, some people decided to whine about how inaccurate the support weapons were, so they tweaked it. First off, anyone can tweak any damned weapon in this game just like that; "Oh, they want accuracy? Let's put five zeroes on the end of it's accuracy, that will fix it!" Well, now a person using a PKM can kill someone down into the fog on Karkand... standing, fully auto, in ironsights. I understand DICE "fixed" the issue, but I hardly call it a "fix". The machine gun itself is (in real life) over a meter-and-a-half long; it's the Russian equivilant to the mounted Browning machine gun on the Humvees. So why is there no Browning LMG unlock? That's what I thought. A support weapon is made for suppressing the enemy; that is, making them keep their heads down.

Tools

Defibrillators [MEDIC SKILL 2]

DEMANDED FIX: Wow. There isn't just one glitch associated with this crap device, but three. First: The thing studders every so often, and then we have to let off the button for ten seconds before we can use it again. This is not an "anti-statpadding" mechanism, no matter what anyone says. If it were truly an anti-padding mechanism, we wouldn't be getting points from a defibrillator. Second: We can't revive people who are extremely close to a wall. There shouldn't be problems with clipping errors if it's coded right, but DICE's coders are looking for the easy way out by making them not do anything if they're on the wall. Oh well, I guess we can continue on sitting there trying to revive someone three times only to get our skulls caved in by the butt of an AK-101. Third: They can be glitched to heal you three times faster than a medic bag. This glitch is hard to recreate but very possible to do so. In essence it means someone can run into a street filled with gunfire and stand there jumping up and down with their defibrillators as if the street was normal.

Smoke Grenade [ASSAULT SKILL 2]

DEMANDED TWEAK: This is ridiculous. The F2000 toters get four flashbangs, so why don't the regs get four smoke grenades? Stop the laziness, go back, and do what you do best, DICE: change numbers.

Comms Rose [VOICE SELECTION MENU]

Annoyances to the extreme. Being able to spot enemy boats on Karkand is worthless, annoying, and radio spammage. Tell me, DICE, you do a pretty good job emulating a military society with badges and medals and ranks... so by not fixing this, DICE, you're implying that the military wouldn't deal any punishment if there was a moron at the base screaming "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED" into a microphone for hours on end?
No, try using teamwork for once, stay together and you don't have to worry about these things.
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6692
Ashes, if I hadn't karma'ed you for being rude today, I'd do it now. Before you start judging other people's stats, actually look at them. I'm very team oriented and my clan emphasizes teamwork... not just normal teamwork, but actual "squad moving slowly through the brush, faces in the mud" teamwork.

Something gives me the impression that you don't even read posts before you respond to them; half of everything here isn't even closely related to teamwork; have you ever had a glitched defibrillator? No? Then be quiet and stop trying to put people down in here. I hated myself when people couldn't kill me as I revived someone; I enjoy playing fair and hate using the PKM for that very reason.

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-20 17:25:32)

*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6740|Malaga, España
Well, it hasnt lost its sanity yet (that would be if the knife has been changed for an Rubber chicken)

I play for Fun , and my stats are nice too so i can see some progress.
but i aint going like OMFG NEED EXPERT KNIFE!!
E^9.Guarnere
+1|6685
well being in omi's caln i fully understand where he is coming form and totaly agree wtih everythign he said and he does use team work
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6654|California
OK Phew... hold on.... ok.....

I cant stop laughing

Hold on..... snicker....ok....

OK seriously, you said "people stood in line for jets"

Did u buy a ticket? Is this some kind of Amusement park?

Thats so awesome, everyone start doing that, good idea.
That way I dont have to run around and find you, you'll all be lined up at the airport, Ill bring my PKM.

And if I saw my team mates waiting in line. I'd drive over them.

This isnt a supermarket.

Waiting in line....you cant be serious...I see why you have complaints now.

Have a nice day.
Reciprocity
+721|6577|the dank(super) side of Oregon
with regards to your comment about the havok.  the reason the gun is so powerful is because it is otherwise so gimped when compared to the AZ-12.   the cobra offers a far smaller target than the havok and the spread of the Pilot's rockets makes them nearly useless in many situations, as you at best have 4 rockets to actually assault a target with.  head to head, the cobra actually fits between the Havoks rocket pods where as the cobra can deliver 8 rockets on target. so, to make up for this the Havok was given an extremely powerful "automatic grenade launcher". it's an issue of balance. i've heard people say that the cobra should have a pre-patch, blackhawk minigun.  this would completely throw the balance off.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6655| United States of America

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

plz give him a whole bag of Oreo's
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6740|Malaga, España

tvmissleman wrote:

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

https://chocolatesbyrenee.com/images/oreo.jpg

Done.
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6631|South Jersey

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

tvmissleman wrote:

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

http://chocolatesbyrenee.com/images/oreo.jpg

Done.
those arent the oreos i know!
ComradeWho
+50|6691|Southern California

0mikr0n wrote:

?
I can tell you about this
Way back... in the long long ago...
there used to be a creative balance to this game
before the newbun tribe demanded that the elders nerf the flying machines
the MEC had the havok.. the USMC had the blackhawk.. and the PLA had the j-10. each army had one aircraft with a distinct advantage over the others. but the newbun tribe, unable to view the game from a larger perspective and only able to focus on their own shitty experience, whined and dismantled many elements of the creative balance the game once had.  now we have a wierd hybrid of a new type of balance (varying strengths and weaknesses) and the old type of balance (equality) and the result is that nothing is really balanced.
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6655| United States of America
BF2 = teh 1337est game EVAH!!!!
sHaDy6
DEATH FROM ABOVE
+5|6725|USA
0mikr0n, maybe you should spend the same amount of time tryin to get good at the game the way it is and take the patches for what they are as you did on this post. this is a game, IE not real. stop the bitchin and just ply. i dnt like some new things when a patch comes out but i adjust, deal with it and get better at it. -1 for the list of bs you posted
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6692
Sigh... and so comes the list of immature people who say I am a horrible player without even playing against me or even looking at my stats.

I don't care what you all say about me, I'm voicing my opinion. I swear, some people love to complain and whine about someone stating their opinions about something they believe in. You're like the fucking Gestapo. Indeed, there is a great deal of bad grammar from people calling me an imbecile, so quit being hypocritical and take a class of proper English before you start calling me a moron.

I'm beginning to see that the complain section fittingly has the most complainers, so I'll try to refrain from posting topics here from now on; the complaint section regulars take good ideas and roll them into a ball of shit more than a dung beetle.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6705

0mikr0n wrote:

Vehicles

hit ctrl and move your mouse... =/
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
Souljah
+42|6664
only the invincible claymore thing bothers me. other than that im fine with just about everything else. besides assholes of course
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6555|The real world
We got hostile armor!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard