Lamsey
+11|6663|Glasgow, Scotland

Mabec wrote:

The files doesnt work when i put them in to my Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Localization\English folder.
What have i forgot to do?? Does it only work on default location on C: ?

You're probably keeping your backups in the same folder. BF2 processes all the files in that folder, so if the backups are there they'll be read too and it might override the changes you've made. Best to move the backups to another folder.
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6848
Wow, you are very much correct. i did a new "backup" folder in the English folder. Testing now.

Edit: Yeap, u where correct. Do not put your backup files in the current English folder... alot easier to see whats going on now.

Last edited by Mabec (2006-04-29 17:10:54)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6681|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bwahahahahahahahaha... I can't wait to see my brothers face next time he fires up BF2...

Messing with those files is fun, might have to try it on some other games once I get sick of BF2 too...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
BanG89
as good as me you never will be
+9|6769|Nederland

Lamsey wrote:

Mabec wrote:

The files doesnt work when i put them in to my Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Localization\English folder.
What have i forgot to do?? Does it only work on default location on C: ?

You're probably keeping your backups in the same folder. BF2 processes all the files in that folder, so if the backups are there they'll be read too and it might override the changes you've made. Best to move the backups to another folder.
and u have to SAVE when uve done ur changes. hope u didnt forget that
bulletsinurface
teh 1337 SuXorR
+27|6649|Canada Ontario
Whats the color code for green and blue? i know the orange one but no others
PunkX
stoned
+198|6640|Canada

bulletsinurface wrote:

Whats the color code for green and blue? i know the orange one but no others
Read back and you'll notice that i replied taht it is impossible, it will just go orange anyways because the green and blue variables are set in the actual game, not just the localization files.
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6752|DUTCH snap ik!
thx man very usefull!
warhawk333
+7|6648
i need help, i want to change the the weapon display but i have no idea what these weapons are and i cant find them in the wiki

KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m240        M240G
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m2hb       M2HB
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_kord         KORD
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_minigun      M134
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_nsv          NSV
a fly
+105|6661|The netherlands
i changed some things today, but i dident know the arty was olso in it, its changed to magic rain!, and uav to magic radar ;-)
l41e
+677|6665

warhawk333 wrote:

i need help, i want to change the the weapon display but i have no idea what these weapons are and i cant find them in the wiki

KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m240        M240G
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m2hb       M2HB
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_kord         KORD
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_minigun      M134
KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_nsv          NSV
I think these were stationary weapons that EA/Dice were going to put in but decided against it.

I know for sure that:

M240G is a US (Belgian-designed) .30 cal machine gun.
M2HB is the Browning M2 heavy machine gun on top of the Abrams.
Kord/KORD is a .50 cal machine gun, I think it's the one on top of the T-90.
M134 is the side gun on the Blackhawk.

NSV I don't know, I'm guessing it's a Chinese gun.
effekt_12
+1|6670| Australia
i searche NSV in google and came up with a few things stuff about vasectomys, some video software and some other stuff
when i put nsv gun it came up saying it was a MG on a chinese tank so my guess is it is on the chinese type 98 mbt
elmo1337
Banned
+186|6576|The real world
Is there anyway to change your language, without reinstalling?
PunkX
stoned
+198|6640|Canada
change the file name of the language you wish to have to the name 'English' and delete the 'english' folder. Should work, NO guarentees on that, just try it, back up your files first
DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6600
If i change the "I need a medic here!" command and others like that - is that likely to get my stats wiped and me banned???
tupla_s
+455|6609|Finland

DecJW wrote:

If i change the "I need a medic here!" command and others like that - is that likely to get my stats wiped and me banned???
No... u are the only one who see it

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-05-20 13:59:06)

<b|k> lukie
+7|6738|Germany

DecJW wrote:

Well i liked BF1942. You could change almost everything without PB bitching: Sounds, textures, animations, models and minimap elements. I changed in DC the shotgun animation, made the M1A2 quiter (original sound caused headache) and changed the knife to a batleth. (Range and damage were not changeable of course) Now you can't do anything. Sad thing about this: Lightskins couldn't be detected by PB.
https://home.arcor.de/braket/downloads/batleth%20DC.jpg
(d'oh, i see wrong spelling)
The ODM
+4|6796|Holland
Tearsofromance, great guide, +1 for you.

Now, here are two things I'm thinking about.
Is there a way to have, at the killmessage, a code that autoshows the kit of the killer. Ofcourse, usually it's clear, but both Medic's and Assault's have the assault rifle, getting this different might be usefull.

KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m16a2    [][]M16A2 - #killerkit#[][]
This doesn't work, I know, but is there a way this could work?

When you get a message left, like say, a repair point, is there a way to keep a counter?
So it would show: You got a repair point (4), When you already had 3 before you got it.

My next step is to change to criteria of the awards to show the real requirements, this might take a while but once i get them I'll be sure to post them.

*Edit* Crap I +1'd Alpha by accident.... well have fun with it:P
*/edit*

Last edited by The ODM (2006-05-21 02:39:42)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6640|Canada

The ODM wrote:

Tearsofromance, great guide, +1 for you.

Now, here are two things I'm thinking about.
Is there a way to have, at the killmessage, a code that autoshows the kit of the killer. Ofcourse, usually it's clear, but both Medic's and Assault's have the assault rifle, getting this different might be usefull.

KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m16a2    [][]M16A2 - #killerkit#[][]
This doesn't work, I know, but is there a way this could work?

When you get a message left, like say, a repair point, is there a way to keep a counter?
So it would show: You got a repair point (4), When you already had 3 before you got it.

My next step is to change to criteria of the awards to show the real requirements, this might take a while but once i get them I'll be sure to post them.

*Edit* Crap I +1'd Alpha by accident.... well have fun with it:P
*/edit*
I've had some people ask me this and i've told them that it isnt possible at this point, the only way that would work is if either the servers had it on their side (server side mod) or if there was a variable in the game that keeps track of te repair points, i don't believe that their is a variable for that though, even if there was, theres no way to have it set to activate when you get a repair point without hacking the game to shit, then you would have punkbuster errors all the time and you wouldnt be able to play online

And thank you for the karmy!
The ODM
+4|6796|Holland
Soooo... after i've spent a couple of hours changing the ingame BFHQ to display the real requirements instead of just "good" and "oustanding", EA changed like all the criteria.. and not just times or numbers, but real criteria. Well back to the drawing board (notepad).
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6643|The Netherlands
can you also set something for scok paddles i cant find it in the text
l41e
+677|6665

niekjejeje wrote:

can you also set something for scok paddles i cant find it in the text
Go into English or whatever language you have up, Ctrl-F for "Shock Paddles" and change that.
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6643|The Netherlands
i have doen but ther snads nothing whit killmesage_blablabla shock paddels
Lamsey
+11|6663|Glasgow, Scotland
I think you have to alter its 'weapon name', I don't think it has a KILLMESSAGE line.
PunkX
stoned
+198|6640|Canada
My pack is now up for download! Please visit here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=27659
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6733|Riva, MD
How do you make it say, "You owned ______." rather than "You killed ______."?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard