Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

_j5689_ wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Grand Theft AUTO is a giveaway that it cant be
Yeah, a GTA with only Model Ts wouldn't make any sense at all.
Imagine that though.

-points gun at driver-
-cops see, take chase-
-escape in a 15 MPH road chase-

I don't think it's anything to be worried about. I'd be floored if they put it in that era. RDR was a GTA-esque game in that time period, and if they want to cover the late 19th century, they should do another RDR-esque game in that time period. Perhaps dealing with urban life or something similar.

I'm just hoping for most:

Planes
Large, SA-esque landscape
Keep guns once you're out of ammo
All the over the top shit from SA and TBOGT
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

https://i.imgur.com/pdA3Q.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
didn't rockstar just do red dead redemption? I doubt they'd make GTA a era-piece immediately after.

also VC is probably my 2nd fav game ever behind bf2 so that would be sweet (to whoever said it wasn't), but they've done that so they probably won't. my guess is itll be modern but in a new city. trouble is you can't really do much more than NY and LA which have already been done recently as well.
Chicago? maybe...
DC? Not after 9/11 they sure won't.

Maybe somewhere overseas (to the US). London again? guess we'll just have to find out.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

pirana6 wrote:

DC? Not after 9/11 they sure won't.
I'm going to give you a few minutes to realize how dumb this comment is.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
let's put planes and the city of DC in a game? sure that wouldn't stir up any emotions...

what with all the planes in IV
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

you could just as easily attack the empire state building with an attack chopper in NYC

and you could shoot and kill NYPD-looking cops one month after 9/11 in GTA III.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

is this like the patch that took the twin towers out of microsoft flight sim?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
wtf?

never has NYC been attacked by a chopper (to my recollection... correct me if im wrong) and thousands of lives lost.
on 9/11 the terrorists didn't go around on foot shooting NYPD

(and i doubt you can add or delete that much of a game a month before release... if that's what happened on 9/11 i'm sure they would have halted the release to change it or at least come out with a patch very quickly)
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
i just think it's kind of silly to totally kill the idea of a DC GTA + planes due to 9/11. it's over 10 years now, and yes it still stirs up emotions for some people but we're long distanced now. killing cops may stir up emotions for some people, but those people will never be satisfied until you have the main character as a carebear shooting people with a love gun. i really doubt rockstar would care
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
don't get me wrong, i think it would be cool to be in DC (actually i don't really care just someplace new, Miami would be fine if it was present and MIAMI) I just doubt they'll put it in DC

hawaii? (maybe not for the same reason? I know it sounds ludicrous but you KNOW if they did, someone on Rockstar would bring it up)
chicago?
"out west" (from the indian/dollar bill connection...) with a bunch of smaller towns with tons of land in between them? it'd sure be a switch from IV
london?
sydney?
tokyo?

god only knows
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

GTA: Upper Buttcrack, Nebraska
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
GTA: Pacific

Underwater with side missions to small atolls and islands
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Still hoping for DC/PG County(Fuck Montgomery county/Northwest DC, they had Fallout 3 already dammit) personally but I won't hold my breath.

They usually only do one of any of the three cities they've already done which are Liberty City, San Andreas, or Vice City

Vice City I think would be played out by now unless they revisit the 80s(fuck that) or they come up with some other intriguing story for some Puerto Rican/Haitian character or something in the present.

San Andreas is easily the more flexible of the two: big cities and rural areas both with tons of land, and it should work great and be more fun than ever now that they've gotten used to the engine
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
hey PG had its hour in Fallout with Andrews AFB

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-10-26 21:16:56)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
Calgary.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

hey PG had its hour in Fallout with Andrews AFB
MoCo had more than half the map in that game; time for PG to get it's own.  Obviously Bethesda only did it that way because they're HQ'ed in Rockville.  I'll bet everybody from PG that played the game was pissed, lol

College Park would've been AWESOME in Fallout, don't even lie
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
A little under three days left now

I wonder if the location has anything to do with the trailer's release being exactly 12 PM Eastern time.  Although I wasn't keeping track for the San Andreas release, lol.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

_j5689_ wrote:

A little under three days left now

I wonder if the location has anything to do with the trailer's release being exactly 12 PM Eastern time.  Although I wasn't keeping track for the San Andreas release, lol.
Rockstar's main offices are in NYC, so I doubt it.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
It's been a while since I've actually been this excited for a game trailer/teaser, I can't wait.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
My friend who spends many more hours than I on the internet told me he heard it's gonna be San Andres but even more expansive.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Superior Mind wrote:

My friend who spends many more hours than I on the internet told me he heard it's gonna be San Andres but even more expansive.
woulda preferred someplace new but ill take that.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Theyve done the west coast and theyve done the east coast, which means all thats left is north or south.  two biggest crime cities?  Miami or Chicago

Makes logical sense to me anyway
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
they done miami

whats to separate chicago from nyc
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Chicago isn't as notorious as LA or NYC. I would love a redone San Andres. Imagine the desert sprawl with a level of detail like Red Dead. Then the cities with the detail of IV.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
Heard a rumour somewhere that it's in a DC-esque city and you play a corrupt politicians brother...

My god I hope so.
Serious Flex

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard