Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Ryan
Member
+1,230|5698|Alberta, Canada

This has happened to me three times now. I'm playing along just fine, then bam, the whole thing freezes. I pop the disc out, nothing. Shut off the console and turn it back on to fix the problem. I've heard other having the same issue. Is this something patch related? ie. they will release a patch soon fixing this issue? I don't even want to play it anymore because it keeps freezing mid game.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|5460|Greenwood, IN
What generation XBox you have?  Old version tend to overheat easily and with BF3 already pushing GPUs hard it doesn't surprise me if thats the cause.
Ryan
Member
+1,230|5698|Alberta, Canada

Naturn wrote:

What generation XBox you have?  Old version tend to overheat easily and with BF3 already pushing GPUs hard it doesn't surprise me if thats the cause.
I think I have the first generation (the white ones, still hasn't given me any trouble *knock on wood). I was thinking something along those lines too. Maybe it's overheating. I have my xbox in a well ventilated area though, and it's never really "overheated" before. Very frustrating.

edit: And it freezes quite early on into my session. I mean I started playing at 6:20 tonight and by 7:05, it froze and I just got fed up and quit.

Last edited by Ryan (2011-10-26 18:10:47)

Racoon_Flyer
Member
+10|4789|Cambridge, UK
You can find out which version you have, mainly which power pack you have and manufacture date, the serial number might tell you, I don't remember exactly. Anyway this sounds like it may be the start of a RRoD or Error 74, this is what happened to me with two previous 360's, kept freezing and then one time you restart it to the lovely three red rings.

Although as you say it is only happening with BF3 it could be completely unrelated and your Xbox could be fine, may be a issue with the game.
Ryan
Member
+1,230|5698|Alberta, Canada

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

You can find out which version you have, mainly which power pack you have and manufacture date, the serial number might tell you, I don't remember exactly. Anyway this sounds like it may be the start of a RRoD or Error 74, this is what happened to me with two previous 360's, kept freezing and then one time you restart it to the lovely three red rings.

Although as you say it is only happening with BF3 it could be completely unrelated and your Xbox could be fine, may be a issue with the game.
Don't freak me out with that RRoD crap lol
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|5423|Mountains of NC

Trying putting a fan on it,  sounds crazy but i had a 1st gen before trading it in for 360s and i was getting occasional freezes.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
alexb
<3
+590|4794|Kentucky, USA

No problems here, however I have the new 250GB Slim.
pgtubbs
Member
+1|3420
Im having a similar issue, the game has frozen and/or slowed down after roughly 1-3hrs of campaign play but no problems online YET. Im running the game with the 4gb xbox slim console with a upgraded 250gb HDD and also running HDMI 1080p. After reading other forums i believe it has alot to do with the GPU because there have been more of the same reported issues with the HiDef content it opts you to install (possibly too much for the chips to handle?). Some have said the issue has been less prevalent when uninstalling the HiDef content. I have experienced other weird glitches throughout game play including shooting my gun while in one of those cinematic hand to hand close combat encounters (kind of funny seeing and hearing bullets fly when your punching a bad guy and no gun in hand). I even thought it might help to transfer my HiDef content from the upgraded HDD to the internal HDD, after i did this the game would ask me to re-install and to choose a HDD. So i tried to re-install directly to the internal HDD and it said i had to choose a valid xbox HDD... its the same console all Microsoft WTF? All in all i think most of these glitches will be addressed within the next month or so, fortunately i haven't had a problem with the freezing during multiplayer but if your running the HiDef content try to uninstall it, it should help.

PS - the last level on campaign is were i ran into the slow mo hand to hand/gun glitch. Even after i killed the guy he still made grunting noises until the next game save. (its the last slow mo on the subway before you see solomon) Just hold down the trigger as it asks you to hit B, make sure you hit B as well.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|5460|Greenwood, IN
Just out of curiousity, did you guys install the game to your HDD?  If you didn't then that might help because the DVD produces heat.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,704|5592|Oxferd Ohire

Naturn wrote:

Just out of curiousity, did you guys install the game to your HDD?  If you didn't then that might help because the DVD produces heat similar to that of the surface of the sun.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
eusgen
Nugget
+402|5647|Jupiter
xD RTHKI
Ryan
Member
+1,230|5698|Alberta, Canada

Naturn wrote:

Just out of curiousity, did you guys install the game to your HDD?  If you didn't then that might help because the DVD produces heat.
I installed the high def textures to my hard drive... you can install the game to the hard drive itself? Does that mean you wouldn't need the disc?
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|5460|Greenwood, IN

Ryan wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Just out of curiousity, did you guys install the game to your HDD?  If you didn't then that might help because the DVD produces heat.
I installed the high def textures to my hard drive... you can install the game to the hard drive itself? Does that mean you wouldn't need the disc?
You still need the disc in the drive it just won't spin after the first check.  It will stay idle.

http://www.examiner.com/games-in-nation … hard-drive
eusgen
Nugget
+402|5647|Jupiter
Wow I never knew that, thanks Naturn.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5513|BC, Canada
Happens to me too occasionally, will try what Naturn said.
Ryan
Member
+1,230|5698|Alberta, Canada

Naturn wrote:

Ryan wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Just out of curiousity, did you guys install the game to your HDD?  If you didn't then that might help because the DVD produces heat.
I installed the high def textures to my hard drive... you can install the game to the hard drive itself? Does that mean you wouldn't need the disc?
You still need the disc in the drive it just won't spin after the first check.  It will stay idle.

http://www.examiner.com/games-in-nation … hard-drive
Ok so I installed it, still use the disc to play. So what's the point of installing it to the hard drive again? It won't read it off the disc, so it's less likely to freeze? I noticed I never froze once yesterday. Karma to you my friend.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,704|5592|Oxferd Ohire
if you play a game for a very long time thats not installed it can kill the disc
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
om3n
Member
+0|3298
I've got the 360 250gb slim and the game is unplayable. Thinking about returning the game now. Heat is not an issue. I've never had a good experience with EA games. I should have known better. EA Louse speaks massive volumes. Will be returning the game in a few hours. Only 360 game I've ever had issues with but atm it's another worthless paperweight.

Edit: I should point out it's on regular campaign, content is on the hdd. Hard locks often. First attempt i got to the train before the freeze, then after turning off the 360 and back on and resumed the game i got through the glass and the console hard locked again. New game yields the same result. Hundreds of posts on the net about this issue. Should have looked first. Stopped playing sw:tor cause of horrible performance issues, should have expected this, buyers beware.

Last edited by om3n (2012-02-27 11:03:59)

i know what's wrong.. you need to play the PC version
13/f/taiwan
Member
+940|4553

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i know what's wrong.. you need to play the PC version
om3n
Member
+0|3298

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i know what's wrong.. you need to pirate the PC version
Ok sounds great! Thanks for the awesome advice ea doesn't need my money any ways. Especially after already ripping me off with failed products and services. Support definitely doesn't cause there's no one there doing any form of job.  feck ea last dollar they see and no point coming back here.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5355|so randum
bye (:
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5352

om3n wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i know what's wrong.. you need to play the PC version
Ok sounds great! Thanks for the awesome advice ea doesn't need my money any ways. Especially after already ripping me off with failed products and services. Support definitely doesn't cause there's no one there doing any form of job.  feck ea last dollar they see and no point coming back here.
ok, cya!
(27th)Kaptyn
Member
+14|5369|AUS
My Xbox will freeze every time if I try to look at the team list (back button) during a respawn.
If the team list is still showing on the screen when the respawn menu appears (after the killcam, yes, on normal) it will completely freeze the Xbox every time.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|5355|so randum

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

My Xbox will freeze every time if I try to look at the team list (back button) during a respawn.
If the team list is still showing on the screen when the respawn menu appears (after the killcam, yes, on normal) it will completely freeze the Xbox every time.

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

i know what's wrong.. you need to play the PC version
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard