bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Installing as fast as PATA will allow
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

UnkleRukus wrote:

Why do you care so much, why can't you just play games just to have fun with them.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/notThisShitAgain.gif
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
ebugz what's your origin id
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Wait until I get accepted to the BF3s platoon then add me from there. Ever since I changed my name using the Origin tool, friend requests haven't been working.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
there are some serious fundamental problems with the game, too, unforgivable things for a release considering they had a 2 week beta to iron this out...

- no ping/latency column on scoreboard. how do i know whether that buggy death was my connection/computer, the server, or the game's shitty netcode? there's no way to tell if you're lagging or if the server is playing up. this is a straight-console problem.

- mouse works like shit. it uses 'raw input' but even that fails terribly. i play @ 1000dpi or so and spent forever finetuning my sensitivity (which is confusing as fuck because there's 'mouse sensitivity' and then 'player look sensitivity', which both seem to do the exact same thing?) just so that the game didn't feel terribad and sluggish like bc2 did (this is in part fault of the massive weapon models and the crappy frostbite engine in general). i just about got that working to a semi-decent level and then i hopped in a tank to give the vehicles a spin. nuh-uh. the tank acts as if i am on my desktop @ 1000dpi with max windows sensitivity, i.e. move your mouse 1mm and the entire turret spins 360. so what was the point in me spending forever fussing over my TWO sensitivity sliders, again? seemingly no way to fix this. thank god i have a g5 so i can reduce the dpi down to 800 in-game on the fly and at least make it semi playable (but still terrible).

- the mini-map plain sucks. it's awful. it's shit. there's pretty much no point spotting enemies because you cannot make out ANYTHING on that shitty 'trendy' modern minimap. on all 3 zoom options on pretty much any map (especially the urban cramped ones), all you can see is a bunch of white/blue geometric shapes and occasionally, if you're lucky, through the SUPER COOL static crackles and pointless mini-map obstructions, a team-mate or two. i literally can't see shit. it's impossible to gauge where the firefights are happening. same goes for objectives that are either a) being taken or b) freshly neutralized. you literally can't see shit. there's so little difference between the different icons that you're pretty much playing in the dark - running around like a headless console chicken just looking for people to shoot. map and game awareness in this game sucks bigtime. i just can't see how 'teamplay' is encouraged. what was wrong with bf2's full-colour map? and it's excellent TEAM SPECIFIC flag icons? when all we have is these stupid geometric 'modern' shapes, you have to spend half the game squinting at your mini-map to figure out where the fuck an enemy might be. oh, and then you die. great design.

- and what the fuck is with the goddamn killcam hanging forever? yes, i see, this guy killed me (killcam debates aside). now, let me change my graphics settings or change my soldier layout or switch squads or ANYTHING, please. instead you have to wait until you're able to actually redeploy before you change anything. same goes for audio/graphics settings. this was so widely complained about in the beta and is such a minor thing to change that i am baffled it is still burdening the game on release. ridiculous.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-10-25 08:37:35)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I agree with the minimap point. It's improved from the beta but it still sucks. And it doesn't take up the entire screen when you press M as well. It stays in the bottom left corner.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
Minimap may as well be a video of the developers laughing at you.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
https://i.imgur.com/bMlYW.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
it's all very unnecessarily confusing. okay, it's a new game with new maps. but the game is just unnecessarily... too much. there's always too much going on on-screen, for a start, with tons of debris and light-effects and general 'fog of war' shit getting in the way (great for the shifty's of the world, lay down in a corner soaking up all that battle atmosphere, but shit for anyone else), and then the minimap itself is like an abstract picasso painting, eluding your plebeian and uncouth understanding. like how the fuck are you meant to make sense of anything in this game?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6313

Is there a scope toggle binding at all?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
there's an option somewhere in the menu for whether the scope-style is hold or toggle afaik.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

bugz wrote:

Is there a scope toggle binding at all?
I remember in the Beta I managed to assign scope and crouch toggles.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5685|SQUID
The minimap is actually one of the most important tools you can have as a good player, knowing whats coming, going or happening at the right time is crucial to doing well (having fun). It feels like they fired everyone who made BF2 logical, practical and useful, and hired a bunch of chimps on fire.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699

Uzique wrote:

there are some serious fundamental problems with the game, too, unforgivable things for a release considering they had a 2 week beta to iron this out...

- no ping/latency column on scoreboard. how do i know whether that buggy death was my connection/computer, the server, or the game's shitty netcode? there's no way to tell if you're lagging or if the server is playing up. this is a straight-console problem.

- mouse works like shit. it uses 'raw input' but even that fails terribly. i play @ 1000dpi or so and spent forever finetuning my sensitivity (which is confusing as fuck because there's 'mouse sensitivity' and then 'player look sensitivity', which both seem to do the exact same thing?) just so that the game didn't feel terribad and sluggish like bc2 did (this is in part fault of the massive weapon models and the crappy frostbite engine in general). i just about got that working to a semi-decent level and then i hopped in a tank to give the vehicles a spin. nuh-uh. the tank acts as if i am on my desktop @ 1000dpi with max windows sensitivity, i.e. move your mouse 1mm and the entire turret spins 360. so what was the point in me spending forever fussing over my TWO sensitivity sliders, again? seemingly no way to fix this. thank god i have a g5 so i can reduce the dpi down to 800 in-game on the fly and at least make it semi playable (but still terrible).

- the mini-map plain sucks. it's awful. it's shit. there's pretty much no point spotting enemies because you cannot make out ANYTHING on that shitty 'trendy' modern minimap. on all 3 zoom options on pretty much any map (especially the urban cramped ones), all you can see is a bunch of white/blue geometric shapes and occasionally, if you're lucky, through the SUPER COOL static crackles and pointless mini-map obstructions, a team-mate or two. i literally can't see shit. it's impossible to gauge where the firefights are happening. same goes for objectives that are either a) being taken or b) freshly neutralized. you literally can't see shit. there's so little difference between the different icons that you're pretty much playing in the dark - running around like a headless console chicken just looking for people to shoot. map and game awareness in this game sucks bigtime. i just can't see how 'teamplay' is encouraged. what was wrong with bf2's full-colour map? and it's excellent TEAM SPECIFIC flag icons? when all we have is these stupid geometric 'modern' shapes, you have to spend half the game squinting at your mini-map to figure out where the fuck an enemy might be. oh, and then you die. great design.

- and what the fuck is with the goddamn killcam hanging forever? yes, i see, this guy killed me (killcam debates aside). now, let me change my graphics settings or change my soldier layout or switch squads or ANYTHING, please. instead you have to wait until you're able to actually redeploy before you change anything. same goes for audio/graphics settings. this was so widely complained about in the beta and is such a minor thing to change that i am baffled it is still burdening the game on release. ridiculous.
that post was actually spot on. i'd like to add the issue of EXITING the game in order to switch servers.

they really overcomplicated things thinking it would make it better. this game is way too over polluted with unnecessary junk. and the prone/weapon/crouch delay are fucking ridiculous. player movement is sluggish.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5932|Somewhere out in Space
currently on my tenth attempt to join the same server..

Going back to WoT.
CC-Marley
+407|6829
I'm playing the campaign. Not so bad so far. Plays much better than the beta imo. We'll see.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6742|OctoLand

Uzique wrote:

- the mini-map plain sucks. it's awful. it's shit. there's pretty much no point spotting enemies because you cannot make out ANYTHING on that shitty 'trendy' modern minimap
Definitely one of the worst features in the game.
I know fucking karate
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
the thing that astounds me is that you hardly need to take a fucking video-game design course to know that the mini-map plain sucks. you hardly even have to 'playtest' the game for more than 15 minutes to realize it's just not a functional mini-map. bf3 was in development and playtesting for years and had the industries best designers/professionals and oodles of talent and previous experience. yet the entire community agree that the minimap (and commo-rose, too) completely suck balls, from day one. what the fuck are they doing? half the time i play now - to play well and get a good score - i have to constantly juggle the M and N keys to pull up the map and then adjust it to the zoom that is appropriate to my situation. and is it so fucking hard to have each map 'remember' your zoom? i.e. full-size M map to be zoomed all the way out, close minimap to be zoomed all the way in. is that so fucking hard? instead i'm literally using starcraft 2 asian micro skills, just to get a fucking working map.

also the seine map blows on conquest and rush. way too crowded. it's visually polluted. you can't see shit. city maps were great because of their layout and chokepoints, not because they were cluttered with 1000's of bits of trash and foliage and stonework, so you couldn't see shit. i'm really not looking forward to the new karkand if it's just the old one plus tonnes of useless frostbite 2 detritus. i want to be able to actually see down the fucking street without having to strain my eyes.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma
I'm fine with the new mini map.

Only complaint i have is that the game is in FUCKING ITALIAN.
So dramatic, so horrible.

Last edited by aerodynamic (2011-10-25 10:41:36)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6654

aerodynamic wrote:

Only complaint i have is that the game is in FUCKING ITALIAN.
So dramatic, so horrible.
Please tell me they throw around vaffanculas and gesture wildly.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5699
so you're not allowed to move when joining a server where the game hasn't officially started yet....how do they expect people to fill up their servers? no one is going to sit around staring at a screen that says "you need x more players to join" for 10 minutes.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

aerodynamic wrote:

Good joke
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
okay well the players on consoles seem to fucking suck 10 times worse than they did in the beta.  No situational awareness AT ALL
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5754|Roma

jord wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Good joke
What? I can't be fine with something?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y

Spearhead wrote:

okay well the players on consoles seem to fucking suck 10 times worse than they did in the beta.  No situational awareness AT ALL
and youre surprised why?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard