usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6805

ssonrats wrote:

Sniping is art compared to the other brute classes.
I have to disagree with that.  Sniping is an art when it takes you three days to crawl into positon, take a shot, then move 10 miles to extraction.  Every class in the video game is point and shoot, the only difference is snipers have a zoom and can do it from a safe distance.
ssonrats
+221|6688

usmarine2005 wrote:

ssonrats wrote:

I have to disagree with that.  Sniping is an art when it takes you three days to crawl into positon, take a shot, then move 10 miles to extraction.  Every class in the video game is point and shoot, the only difference is snipers have a zoom and can do it from a safe distance.
I take your point of view but im standing by mine.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6731|UK
The best thing about the sniper kit is that most enemies dont think you are an enemy, so just run past you. On mashtuur I had a whole squad come to where I'd gone to reload, not one shot me, so I knifed all 6 of them and got on my way.
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6672|The Netherlands

SiMSaM16 wrote:

The L96A1 owns...
i agree, but for me ( i dont know how )  i own much harder with the M24   ,  very weird, but yes, it is true
=FDX=VEga
Carlos Hathcock Jr
+7|6755|'Ull, Yorkshire, England

ssonrats wrote:

Amen to that Padre!
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6782|Pakistan/England

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

dont_be_ss and Tahadar talk about their sklls
whoa hold on a sec..i dont recall either of us saying anything about how godly we are at sniping, that's just nyte. Sure, you may think we have skills, but thats something else

Last edited by tahadar (2006-05-20 09:03:36)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6664|London, England
Because, the bullet goes where you point the cross hair, no matter what your stance is (since 1.2 or whatever. no bullet drop or anything). Really is simple. The other weapons aren't like that. So sniping is easy. So everybody does it. Plus some of the maps are huge and the inaccuracy/weakness of automatic weapons compared to snipers just annoys everyone so people play sniper if they lose the tank/apc/boat/jet/chopper 'E' battle. Or anti-tank (but there's usually more snipers than anti-tank..........)

Also you don't get hit by artillery as much. I don't blame people who stay away from the crowd because the heli/bombs/artillery/grenade festivals that go on in populated areas are annoying. Plus you have 2 claymores that only kill the enemy so you can spam them wherever you want or use them to cover your back without fear of getting a TK.

Also, the zoom on the scopes isn't much at all. So they are still good in CQC. Just like the lame snipers in CoD2, they don't have trembling. So the scope is 100% steady.

I'm not a sniper-only person. I am using the kit more often though as I'm sick of the deviation crap that means most of the time it's luck rather than skill if the automatic weapons hit your target. Whereas in the sniper the bullet goes where you point the cross hair so you have control over anything. Also sick of artillery/grenades and all that...
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6685|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

because you look like a wookie
Isn't that Chinese army snipers only?
just look at the light blue section of my sig.. lol.. then give seal3 karma for it.. still makes me laugh
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6621|Florida

Naughty_Om wrote:

lmao

I play it from time to time, because sometimes i like to hide, and pick them off which makes them confused when they dont know where it came from.  But i prefer to play as assault or support if im on USMC.

and i see just as many people with the PKM as i do snipers.  Ive yet to unlock that gun, so i dont know how 'awesome' it is....i like my SAW lol

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-05-20 09:27:54)

BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6662|Manitowoc, WI
i think that a verse from the BF2 bible will be in order

Always Play As a Sniper! - The sniper is singlehandedly the most awesome and useful class in the universe. I mean, they have sniper rifles, for crying out loud! SNIPER RIFLES! Some of the most successful BF2 teams were composed entirely of snipers, sharpshooting enemies from hundreds of meters away and snuffing out souls like a rogue Twinkie lobbed into your damp, subterranean computer lair. Many squad leaders will often request large amounts of snipers to join their team since the core of any useful squad is a sniper ready and willing to sit in one single location for 30 minutes, shooting at tanks and calling for supplies while refusing to move for any reason short of an air strike directly on their head. Never underestimate the monumental contributions a sniper can lend to any squad that really likes crouching in one location for days and missing virtually everything they aim for.
Bigphillyed
+12|6666

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Erm, i've always been into sniping and fast play. I tend to alternate between them.

For example, in CS i'd play with the AK47/M4+Deagle combo religiously and occasionally played as a sniper using the scount. (to piss off awp whores)

In Operation Flashpoint (all hail!) I loved playing as a sniper because it was the most challenging of roles in the game, along with special ops etc. It has VERY realistic bullet physics, so the SVD with its chevrons is the best sniper rifle in OFP.

And when it comes to BF2 while I do probably play more as a sniper i'll quite hapilly play as spec ops, medic etc.
Dam is OFP still around. I think that game went out with my 486 platform.
alpinestar
+304|6639|New York City baby.
man I like sniping and all but with the buggy bf2 engine half the shots are not registering therfore I preffer spraying at short distances at least one shot will make it
AK baby its all about the russian powa

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-05-20 10:02:33)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6674|Washington, DC

tahadar wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

whoa hold on a sec..i dont recall either of us saying anything about how godly we are at sniping, that's just nyte. Sure, you may think we have skills, but thats something else
Not saying that you said you were godly, just stating your KDR in a non-boastful manner or such.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6740|Germany

tahadar wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

That's right,you are merely normal snipers while Nyte is Sniper-Mohammed....Derka,Derka,Mohammed Jihad!!

;-)
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6763|California

Naughty_Om wrote:

PspRpg-7
-
+961|6741

Ayumiz wrote:

Did anyone try the sniper kit using cs style?
Thats the only was I use it.
tahadar
Sniper!!

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

tahadar wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

That's right,you are merely normal snipers while Nyte is Sniper-Mohammed....Derka,Derka,Mohammed Jihad!!

;-)
lol..i havent seen team america but it looks hilarious
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6763|California

tahadar wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

tahadar wrote:

;-)
lol..i havent seen team america but it looks hilarious
http://www.unreel.co.uk/reviews/t/Team_ … ica_09.jpg

lomfg chinese sniperz???!?
tahadar
Sniper!!

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

tahadar wrote:

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Not saying that you said you were godly, just stating your KDR in a non-boastful manner or such.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=20430

well, it was quite relevant to the post! anyways..
Defiance
+438|6714

Post 1.2 sniping became alot easier especially with the M95. People just got hooked.

Although, I'm one of the oldies that was sniping it up since long before 1.2, so don't go bitching at me
FromTheAshes
+53|6748
Because sniper kit cheats.
Defiance
+438|6714

Lol, headshotted a few too many times ashes? Pity...
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6626|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I love snipers, they are just meat for me and my L85A1.
Defiance
+438|6714

Reject_Wolf wrote:

I love snipers, they are just meat for me and my L85A1.
You haven't come across any good snipers then.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6736|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Defiance wrote:

Post 1.2 sniping became alot easier especially with the M95. People just got hooked.

Although, I'm one of the oldies that was sniping it up since long before 1.2, so don't go bitching at me
Same for me. Ever since I got the game back in November, I always was sniping until 1.2. After that patch, I decided to bring my kits up to par by the hours since it was so much easier to get flags due to the increase in snipers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard