Yes before beta/alpha but no after beta/alpha13%13% - 14
No before beta/alpha but yes after beta/alpha4%4% - 5
No before beta/alpha and no after beta/alpha9%9% - 10
Total: 105
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.
is it going to give me that same feeling bf2 gave me? no

do the many unecessary changes annoy me? yes

will it entertain me for in excess of 100 hours? I think it probably will and thus i'll be getting it
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6627|EU

I will buy but only because its a Battlefield and it might give me back that nice feeling of online playing with friends.

If it turns out to be a shit I spend more time with my GF probably...
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6572|Mountains of NC

I wish it had the drum roll
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6160|Vancouver | Canada

Sturgeon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I mostly wanted it for the jets, and since they seemed to be huge flying pieces of shit, I might take a pass.

..Though infantry combat on CB was fairly fun.
The jets aren't useless, they're not as invincible as BF2 jets sure but it's fairly easy to get a double figures kdr and top the leaderboard in one
Every time I went up I got taken down in two shots by some fuckwad with a Stinger.
..and I couldn't use flares 'cause apparently they're an unlock.

Part of my dissatisfaction might've been because I couldn't bind my joystick..

Though others have said, I can see it giving me many hours of enjoyment, despite its flaws compared to BF2, so I'll probably end up buying it.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4846|Amsterdam
I still voted Yes/Yes. I don't think I would ever cancel a pre-order, but damn! DICE was really pushing it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6746|FUCK UBISOFT

Maybe/No
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6609|Greenwood, IN
I voted Yes and Yes my self.  I think this game is one of their best so far.  Of course most of the bugs will be fixed in time if not at launch.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6741|Oxferd Ohire
yes/yes

just ordered from amazon
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Ryan
+1,230|6847|Alberta, Canada

Yes and yes. I'm not naive enough to let a beta sway my decision. I know this game will be good from the videos I have seen and the experience I had with the beta, however terrible to was. It will be a good game imo, so I will buy it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

Had it preordered for a long time.
Sturgeon
+488|4945|Flintshire

DefCon-17 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

I mostly wanted it for the jets, and since they seemed to be huge flying pieces of shit, I might take a pass.

..Though infantry combat on CB was fairly fun.
The jets aren't useless, they're not as invincible as BF2 jets sure but it's fairly easy to get a double figures kdr and top the leaderboard in one
Every time I went up I got taken down in two shots by some fuckwad with a Stinger.

Though others have said, I can see it giving me many hours of enjoyment, despite its flaws compared to BF2, so I'll probably end up buying it.
I think flares were the first unlock, it didn't take long to get them, once you have flares and heatseekers dogfighting is a lot easier
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
CC-Marley
+407|6832
null/ already paid for it.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6671

Vehicle Air Jet Fighter F/A-18E Super Hornet / SU-35BM Flanker-E
Points - Unlock
1600 - Stealth
3600 - IR Flares
6400 - Heatseeker
10100 - Belt Speed
14500 - Proximity Scan
19700 - Air Radar
25800 - Extinguisher
40300 - Maintenance
48700 - Guided Missle
58000 - Beam Scanning
66000 - ECM Jammer
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6211
Im going to buy it because im a loner, clanless, love sniping and annoying people.
jsnipy
+3,276|6526|...

legionair wrote:

I will buy but only because its a Battlefield and it might give me back that nice feeling of online playing with friends.
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.

Sturgeon wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

I think flares were the first unlock, it didn't take long to get them, once you have flares and heatseekers dogfighting is a lot easier
"stealth" was the first unlock.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6663|BC, Canada
Everyone here will get this game whatever they voted.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6290|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Nic wrote:

Everyone here will get this game whatever they voted.
Nop
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6671

Preload: Available on October 21, 2011 at 7:00 AM (US/Pacific)  /drool
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu, I've got to wait till the 27-28 to play it, depending upon whether I can get to the store to pick it up.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6749|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Played Shanqi on that BFplay4free lark. (granted that was toss) however looking forward to getting on to Shanqi on BF3 and having a jolly! I did enjoy that map on BF2.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6328|Graz, Austria
Yes/Yes

I pre-ordered it before alpha, cancelled it (because I spent a lot of money for a car) and pre-ordered it again before beta.

FloppY_ wrote:

coke wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

No and no

Won't buy it unless they remove Origin
Why? Honestly what does it matter?
At the very least it's a matter of principle, I don't appreciate a triple A title being used as blackmail to force people into a service...
Ehrm... Half-Life 2, Valve and Steam?
Steam was seriously shitty back in 2004.

I had no problem with Origin so far, only that it's unnecessary for BF3, since that game is completely run through the web-based Battlelog.

You can't even join a BF3 game in progress through Origin, nor can you import friends from Battlelog.
Although, Origin is in beta state at the moment and if they fix those two problems, so I can use the in-game overlay for chatting, I don't care at all.
It definitely is better than GFWL, which is also forced on you.

I would have liked to have the game on Steam, with or without Origin, but on the bright side I won't have to swallow the overpriced 1€=1$ scheme and 50€ pricing there and can import a retail copy for 37€.
BlAiR_AgaiN
+12|6349|Slovenia
I'd buy it but I'd have to buy a new computer too so fuck it, not gonna be playing at launch.

Last edited by BlAiR_AgaiN (2011-10-14 12:53:21)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6449|The Land of Scott Walker

jord wrote:

is it going to give me that same feeling bf2 gave me? no

do the many unecessary changes annoy me? yes

will it entertain me for in excess of 100 hours? I think it probably will and thus i'll be getting it
this
Reciprocity
+721|6585|the dank(super) side of Oregon
at the very least it'll keep me amused for the couple weeks before skyrim comes along.  and pissing off people like patton with a sniper kit is always worth $60.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard