TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

jsnipy wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Those new seasonals are a bitch ... placed 7 as best so far
placing 7th in a ton of people seems good, while the sad face?
Because 7th place isn't 1st place.
@baggs:
Awesome!  If you can beat the new expert driver seasonal races, definitely share the winning cars. The new race suits/helmets are definitely a gimmick but at least now you can win car tickets for the seasonal events.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2011-06-12 17:11:47)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
Revive!

Gran Turismo 5: New Free Updates, DLC, and Price Drop - dubbed "Spec 2.0"
If you have been keeping up with GT5, you know Polyphony Digital has been very diligent about releasing free updates to improve the game, especially the online racing mode. Ever since the launch, Kazunori Yamauchi and his team have been carefully studying posts on forums, reading comments on PlayStation.Blog posts and across Twitter, talking to fans at events, and more. The game has evolved a lot since last November, thanks in part to the dedicated GT fans voicing their opinions.

Now I’m here to share with you some very exciting news about the biggest FREE update yet, releasing in the next few weeks. It will add new features and even more functionality to your GT5 experience.

Polyphony learned that a lot of fans out there love driving using the game’s interior view, and has given some serious thought to it. With this new update, all cars in the game will now have interior views. Although the level of visual details will vary based on what car you choose, you can now race from behind the wheel of any car in the game. In addition, you’ll be able to get the 2011 season versions of the 11 NASCAR race cars for the first time.

Some of the other improvements introduced are greatly reduced load times when loading races, quicker menu response times, and adjustable opponent AI in Arcade Mode. Players will now have the option to save their progress during lengthy racing events so they can come back and finish at a later time, and can also adjust weather conditions for races using a slider function that goes from mild to severe.

The wildly popular Photo Mode has been updated to allow players to take pictures with their personalized driver avatars with customizable racing suits and helmets. You can even fast-forward and rewind race replays now to better capture that key moment in the race.

For those who enjoy racing online with your fellow gearheads, we’re expanding the shuffle race mode. As with the same feature in Gran Turismo PSP, this allows friendly competition between players of different skill levels. Players setting up online races will also have a host of new regulations available to customize their own events. New bonus incentives are introduced for players who log in and play on a consistent basis.

Truly hardcore racing fans will be stoked to hear that GT5 will now officially and fully support the Logitech G25 and G27 Racing Wheels.

The final piece of big news is that there will be a full batch of downloadable content for Gran Turismo 5 in the coming weeks. This DLC will of course include new vehicles and tracks, plus some additional surprises.

We’ll have more details very soon on the specifics of the DLC, so stay tuned, and check the blog and the official Gran Turismo website for further details.

I am ending this post with a comment from the man himself, Kazunori Yamauchi, president of Polyphony Digital and creator of the Gran Turismo franchise:

"The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans."

And if you don’t have Gran Turismo 5 yet, now is the perfect time to get into the best-selling racing game. In addition to all of the great new content and free updates, as of this week you can pick GT5 up for only $39.99.
Source

Hopefully this should breath some new life into the game considering Forza 4 was just released.
baggs
+732|6175
perhaps it is in fact time to dust off the playstation
iceman785
+93|6643|Alaska, mother fucker.
or the XBAWX SINCE FORZA COMING OUT TOMORROW
baggs
+732|6175
xbox is for poor cunts
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
or racing games that dont suck
LoL
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
iceman785
Sorry, I enjoy the fact that I can put an RB26 in a Datsun 510. Or that ALLLLL my cars have a realistic inside view. But ya you're right, GT5 is SUCH a better game, so much better in fact that I can't even enjoy all the games perks unless I'm a certain level!
baggs
+732|6175
one post is all it took?

ha, this place really has gone downhill.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
everyone knows that the 360 is the plebians console.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA
@baggs:
I'm thinking the same thing - I sold my 80GB refurb model (major fan noise issues) and will probably pickup a new 160GB slim soon in time for the update. 

iceman785 wrote:

Sorry, I enjoy the fact that I can put an RB26 in a Datsun 510. Or that ALLLLL my cars have a realistic inside view. But ya you're right, GT5 is SUCH a better game, so much better in fact that I can't even enjoy all the games perks unless I'm a certain level!
Take your fanboyism and ignorance elsewhere - each game has it's own strengths and weaknesses.  Bragging about one over the other just makes you look childish.
iceman785
I'm not bragging, I'm stating facts about why forza is better than GT. And what is it exactly I'm being ignorant about?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

baggs wrote:

one post is all it took?

ha, this place really has gone downhill.
I missed this.

"Xbox is for poor cunts... but YOU GUYS ARE STARTING A CONSOLE WAR!!!!!!!!!! Bf2s sux etc"
baggs
+732|6175
who bought DLC?
GR34
+215|6516|ALBERTA> CANADA

baggs wrote:

who bought DLC?
by DLC do you mean Forza 4? if so yes
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6781|Nårvei

baggs wrote:

who bought DLC?
I did
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
baggs
+732|6175

Varegg wrote:

baggs wrote:

who bought DLC?
I did
any good?

15 new cars isnt it? some paint, and avatar items? two new tracks? anything more?
TravisC555
+118|6190|Cox Convention Center, OK
Where do you find cars that are old, like '70 and earlier. I've looked at all 3 dealers, don't really have much choice. Trying to do the the European Classic but having a tough time finding a car.
baggs
+732|6175

TravisC555 wrote:

Where do you find cars that are old, like '70 and earlier. I've looked at all 3 dealers, don't really have much choice. Trying to do the the European Classic but having a tough time finding a car.
You kinda have to cycle the UCD, otherwise, add me to mates and i'll share some with you. I got one that smashes pretty much everything in sight

psn: xrsxis

Edit: Ok bud, i shared some cars for you, once you add me you can access them. I shared anything powerful and up to '70. See what you like, if you have trouble in any race, crack out the 2J and you will ruin everything in sight. I suggest having some fun with the others first tho

Last edited by baggs (2011-10-22 11:49:36)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
this games car sounds suck
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard