Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Bought a new golf club yesterday..

https://media.callawaygolf.com/webupdate/callawaygolf/2011/products/clubs/fww/razrfww/gallery/razr-hawk-3fw_large.jpg

It's pretty amazing. Buying the 5 wood next week-end when I go back.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
time to make history rory
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand
People talking like Woods will retire in 1 month and he will never win another major...assholes jumping on the bandwagon and over-reacting, annoying to listen to their BS every day now.
I know fucking karate
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
i dont pay attention to that shit
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6665|The Ville
woot. playing today in 91 deg heat this is gonna suck....
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Gonna play this weekend, I really wish I played more often. I am hopeless with a wood though, fantastic with the iron and ok with the putters I guess.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand

Adams_BJ wrote:

Gonna play this weekend, I really wish I played more often. I am hopeless with a wood though, fantastic with the iron and ok with the putters I guess.
I used to suck with woods, not so much anymore. Swing it like a driver, place the ball more towards the middle of your stance if on the fairway (most people get that part wrong, and place it too far in front), and most importantly don't go too hard at it, when people are hitting woods off the turf they get scared and try and give it a whack, your looking for a crisp contact on the back of the ball with no turf involved.

Have a good round !
I know fucking karate
gurdeep
­
+812|4726|proll­y
there are a bunch of legit courses down here. need to check some out
Adams_BJ
I only have 2 in my town, have heaps withing a few hours though

https://www.waggagolf.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/img-fees.jpg

https://golfertips.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Wagga-Wagga-Country-Club-image1.jpg

I'll be playing at the former tomorrow.
Adams_BJ
Off i go! Wish me luck..
Adams_BJ
You guys suck at luck wishing, I did horrible
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6446|Foothills of S. Carolina

I got my 8 year old son a junior set of clubs for his birthday, now I just gotta find the time to take him to a driving range so he can practice swinging the clubs.
Adams_BJ
I wish I had a chance to play with my dad
Canin

I never played golf with my dad either, but we did bowl together. My son is restricted from most sports due to a heart defect, so I figured this was safe for him, good for me, and it would get us both out of the house when mom and his 3 sisters get their visits from aunt flo.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

the nice thing about golf Canin, is it can be played at your own pace

Adams_BJ wrote:

me neither . . .
Canin

13urnzz wrote:

the nice thing about golf Canin, is it can be played at your own pace

Adams_BJ wrote:

me neither . . .
Yep, so long as you dont have a bunch of drunk people behind you. Seriously though, I hope he picks it up pretty well and can use it to make a living or at least earn some help for college when he is old enough.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Hope your son doesn't get too frustrated. I don't think I've played a single hole this year that hasn't resulted in a slew of four letter words

*none of which are "fore"

Last edited by bugz (2011-10-09 20:17:39)

Adams_BJ
I might ask for some advice here. I seem to slice it. And I mean a real slice it almost ends up 90 degrees to the right after I tee off. Im sure my club face is square on contact, I think im holding the club correctly. Could it be Im standing too far forward on the ball? I heard it should be pretty close to in line with your front foot than in the middle?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Do you shoot left or right handed?
Adams_BJ
I golf right handed.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

The last lesson I took, the pro told me to roll my left hand to the right so it's more on top of the grip and to step back a bit from the ball.

My slice ends up about 4 fairways right of where it should be
Adams_BJ
I think I my left hand may be a little too far anticlockwise on the handle if anything, so I should probably do that. And I do probably need to move the ball up a little more towards my front foot. I hope to get out again in a couple weeks.
Canin

Dunno if anyone has looked at or seen this site, but I found it helpful so I thought I would share. http://www.videojug.com/tag/golf
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand

Adams_BJ wrote:

I think I my left hand may be a little too far anticlockwise on the handle if anything, so I should probably do that. And I do probably need to move the ball up a little more towards my front foot. I hope to get out again in a couple weeks.
Are we talking irons or driver here?
I know fucking karate
Adams_BJ

justice wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Are we talking irons or driver here?
Both, but most notably the driver. I do better more often with the irons.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard