Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Blame it on the people who complained about getting owned by snipers.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5482|Ventura, California

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Implying seeing something is the same as playing it?
It's not the same, but it shows you exactly how everything works. Problem?

I see what the recoil is like, I see the deviation, I see everything that goes on, I'm just not the one pushing the keys.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6788|Great Brown North
i'll blame it on people who should be playing call of duty in their postage stamp sized maps
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6294|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Camm wrote:

it's too much, yeah, there should be a little glint, but jesus christ.
I haven't played the beta myself but I've watched some footage (especially TotalBiscuit) and I mistook a few of the long-range snipers for Tac-lights.. lol.. I love anything that hurts sniping but that seems abit excessive...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
sniper hiding in a tunnel that is totally dark, except for the shining beacon of death attached to him
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada

FloppY_ wrote:

Camm wrote:

I haven't played the beta myself but I've watched some footage (especially TotalBiscuit) and I mistook a few of the long-range snipers for Tac-lights.. lol.. I love anything that hurts sniping but that seems abit excessive...
It honestly isn't that bad on Caspian Border. The amount of glare diminishes as you get further away, so at long distances it's more like a tiny white lens flare.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

I see what the recoil is like, I see the deviation, I see everything that goes on, I'm just not the one pushing the keys.
Please stop posting your garbage, chief.
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.

DefCon-17 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Camm wrote:

It honestly isn't that bad on Caspian Border. The amount of glare diminishes as you get further away, so at long distances it's more like a tiny white lens flare.
It's pretty bad on caspian. I saw a sniper when I was flying around in a heli. He was on a hill that I wouldn't have paid attention to if not for the kill me i'm over here beacon attached to him. Alls that did was confirm what a fucking stupid addition to the game this glare shit is.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

The A W S M F O X wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

It isn't garbage, you're garbage. get out
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It isn't garbage, you're garbage. get out
m8 u did not just do that
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
u bet I did

I'm sick and tiered of his ego. It's so huge he has random objects that orbit it. Watching the game does qualify me to say whatever I want about it.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum
m8 step off
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6522|AUS
The scope glint is very overdone.
They could at least make it glint only when facing into the sun. They can put the shadows on the correct side of the trees. How hard can it be to make scope glint only occur when facing within 10 degrees or so from the sun? That way one team gets scope glint when attacking into the sun and the other team doesn't when facing away from the sun. Next round (when teams swap over) the scope glint will occur for the other team as they attack into the sun.

A far better way to do it would be to make the sniper scopes glint very briefly when the player goes into or out of zoom (ie. when he's raising or lowering the rifle to look through the scope). If he's set and in place with the sights zoomed then it should not glint (he's meant to be stealthy in this position). If shot by a set sniper Killcam will still show you where it is (although I for one will only be playing on servers where killcam is turned off when I have the choice).
If he's moving and zooms in when he sights a target, then it should glint briefly as he's raises the rifle to look down the scope.

Rather than introduce a mechanic (the scope glint) that is poorly designed perhaps they should be working on why they need it in the first place and reduce the dominance of the sniper kit rather than punish every player who chooses to equip a scope.

Last edited by (27th)Kaptyn (2011-10-08 11:24:08)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State

-Sh1fty- wrote:

u bet I did

I'm sick and tiered of his ego. It's so huge he has random objects that orbit it. Watching the game does qualify me to say whatever I want about it.
sh1fty you fail at fucking trolling

gtfo
rdx-fx
+955|6599

RTHKI wrote:

i hate flashlights

cdailey2142 wrote:

Try the Fleshlight then!
Oh! 900,000 Watt spotlight, crammed up yer ass, walking around backwards and bent over!

It's not tactical, it's BF3 Tacticool!

(and you'll work 10 hours on getting the unlock for it.  Just because.)
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

Ilocano wrote:

Blame it on the people who complained about getting owned by snipers.
I'm glad I improved the series so much then
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6007|Vortex Ring State

rdx-fx wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

i hate flashlights

cdailey2142 wrote:

Try the Fleshlight then!
Oh! 900,000 Watt spotlight, crammed up yer ass, walking around backwards and bent over!

It's not tactical, it's BF3 Tacticool!

(and you'll work 10 hours on getting the unlock for it.  Just because.)
it's strong enough to melt your faic off

9001 lumens of pure screen-melting bulb-rape
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
I think someone mentioned this already, but there should at least be an unlock that is one of those scope covers with the rectangle cut out that you can put on your gun to remove the glare.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6662
If you can't implement something well, take it out of the game. 

If it actually provided lens flare in response to tactical lights / in-game light sources / etc. it might be one thing, but to have it constantly going is retarded. 

95% of the time I know who shot me, and from where, and I don't need lens flare, or even damage indicators on the screen, to do so.  If you can't do that, then you need more experience playing FPS games, not some cheesy in-game equalizer to aid you.

E:  And an unlock to reduce the glare is just unneccesary.  Wouldn't every sniper have that, since they're, like, snipers?   You wouldn't deploy dressed like Gary Glitter if you plan on being camouflaged.  I think snipers, in general, are lame, and I don't think I've even spawned once with the kit in the beta....but if you're going to put the class in the game, do it "right".  I'd rather have BC2's overdone bushwookies than the taclight-scope combo shit they have going on with the sniper rifles.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2011-10-09 00:27:33)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6522|AUS
Whoops....just ckecked out the longest sniper shot thread....WTF????
Almost 1000 metres from the sniper to the poor sod he killed.
Bring on more glare, fleuro gillie suits and strobe light helmets for all sniper fags.

They're gonna have to nerf the snipers somehow, but the scope glare (can't call it a glint really) isn't done well.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6614|Greenwood, IN

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Whoops....just ckecked out the longest sniper shot thread....WTF????
Almost 1000 metres from the sniper to the poor sod he killed.
Bring on more glare, fleuro gillie suits and strobe light helmets for all sniper fags.

They're gonna have to nerf the snipers somehow, but the scope glare (can't call it a glint really) isn't done well.
Calm down now.  Hitting a target at a 1000M is NOT easy.  Even with bi-pod and 12x scope.  If a sniper can hit a guy out of a chopper at that distance on a regular basis and spot enemies.  All the more power to them.

As far as the glint goes I think the area it effects should be reduced and to remove it all together underground. Flash lights brightness needs to be reduced as well as its area of effectiveness.(To OP IMO) Laser sights just need the area reduced and thats it.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
if you stand still long enough for a bullet to travel the 1000m to kill you, you probably deserved it
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6522|AUS
Sry, my bad, more info....wasn't my shot. The sniper was camping the chopper spawn.
At that range I'd imagine even the killcam wouldn't help much in locating him in one of the 500 bushes off in that direction.
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.

krazed wrote:

if you stand still long enough for a bullet to travel the 1000m to kill you, you probably deserved it
This.

Someone pulling off a 1000m shot is a rare occasion and isn't cause to nerf the class anymore than it has been. I think assault should be nerfed next if we're going to be nerfing all the classes to please bad players. Assault can heal itself too quick, for that reason I think it should take double the amount of time for health packs to work.

Then after that support.
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6522|AUS
Yeah, probably a bit early to begin talk about nerfing kits until having played a fair bit of the full version.
Still, you'd think that they might have implimented some design in order to reduce the popularity of the camping sniper after what happened with BC2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard