DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6157|Vancouver | Canada
Or you could just use a joystick.

The server browser is pretty quick though. Sometimes the ping numbers will load a little on the slow side, but that's about it.
Also, when you select a server in the list, it'll auto-refresh the player-count.=
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
I tried using my wired 360 controller.  Only half the controls worked.  I was really hoping to fly with it too.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Well I just played a couple rounds of Caspian Border in the armor and whaddya know they fucking nerfed the armor. 1-2 shots from anything and my tank turns into a disabled pile of shit waiting to get destroyed while I attempt to repair it under fire + the mounted machine gun is extremely inaccurate compared to BC2 and BF2 tanks.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
so when i try to rebind my keys for my joystick my game crashes
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Roc18 wrote:

Well I just played a couple rounds of Caspian Border in the armor and whaddya know they fucking nerfed the armor. 1-2 shots from anything and my tank turns into a disabled pile of shit waiting to get destroyed while I attempt to repair it under fire + the mounted machine gun is extremely inaccurate compared to BC2 and BF2 tanks.
Were you getting hit from behind?

I must've taken about 8 RPG hits to the front before I got out to repair.
(..and then I got gunned down and the fucker stole my tank. :< )
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

DefCon-17 wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

Were you getting hit from behind?

I must've taken about 8 RPG hits to the front before I got out to repair.
(..and then I got gunned down and the fucker stole my tank. :< )
8 RPG hits to the front and your armor is still alive before you even started to repair? are you kidding me? I don't believe you for one second bro. 1 RPG to the front did 21-22 percent damage to me.

It takes 1 hit in the right spot or 2-3 hits to the front for me to become a sitting duck in my piece of armor.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-10-08 00:55:41)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Well maybe it was more like 4. Still.

Also, I noticed what is wrong with the aiming...it seems like every movement you do with the mouse is delayed in game. Like you swipe it right, and it'll take a sec for your crosshair to move, and it'll keep moving for a split second after you stop moving your mouse... I'm hoping this is a problem on my end (or the servers') and not a "feature".
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
what underbarrel upgrades are there for the AR's?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5835|Australia
M26 MASS underbarrel shotgun, and a grenade launcher.

Both can be used separately by hand, mounting them on the AR requires the use of the second upgrade slot, so you're at a disadvantage using them on the rifle, but its MUCH faster when you want to switch.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
no smoke tube? sadface
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Pure_Beef_68
Pure_beef_69 -1
+20|5954

FatherTed wrote:

no smoke tube? sadface
Have faith child, I have unlocked the smoke tube - it is very much alive still.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

no smoke tube? sadface
the great equaliser if your team are down syndrome candidates

Last edited by FatherTed (2011-10-08 02:32:47)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
just ran into my first claymore...
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

DefCon-17 wrote:

So what do the jet veterans of BF2 (like...100+ hours in jets or something) think about the jets in BF3? I haven't had the chance to try them out yet.
I've flown for about half an hour in the beta and I have to say it's given me high blood pressure from all the constant warning noises. I was locked on for pretty much 3 quarters of the time I was flying. I think this game is going to be a case of killing someone with a jet and them being bitter, selecting the stinger and sitting on a hill for the next 10 minutes locking on to you. The only thing you can do is dogfight other jets high up and either you lose and that's that or you win in which case you wait for their jet to respawn so you can repeat or you venture lower and get locked onto constantly.

Not a fan really.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Then again the AA missiles in BF2 were pathetically weak.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum
2142 had portable AA, i can't remember how that was balanced but i don't recall that being annoying
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5037|Massachusetts, USA
It was there, all it took was one guy for it to be annoying.

I think it was the mix of walkers and tanks that balanced it. More of those than gunships so people switched to the AT rockets a lot more.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
jord

Dilbert_X wrote:

Then again the AA missiles in BF2 were pathetically weak.
Well then they've just overcompensated because when you're getting locked on constantly it makes the vehicle pointless.

Improving the effectivness of stationary AA would suffice. I don't want 2 people at different ends of the map being able to lock me all the time. It's just annoying.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

FatherTed wrote:

2142 had portable AA, i can't remember how that was balanced but i don't recall that being annoying
It was quite easily rendered useless due to the fact you couldn't do anything against tanks which were more plentifull and the gunships had a shield they could activate and fly to safety...

FatherTed wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

no smoke tube? sadface
Yeah there really should be a 100 point bonus just for dropping smoke anywhere near the Mcoms

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-10-08 04:37:39)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jord

FloppY_ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

It was quite easily rendered useless due to the fact you couldn't do anything against tanks which were more plentifull and the gunships had a shield they could activate and fly to safety...

FatherTed wrote:

Pure_Beef_68 wrote:

Yeah there really should be a 100 point bonus just for dropping smoke anywhere near the Mcoms
The AA in 2142 bypassed shields because if it hit you with a shield on you didn't die you just lost power and crashed.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
the jets seem pretty pointless. strongly suspect they're only there so they can point and say "look! jets!"

i haven't seen them contribute to the round in any meaningful way at all.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

jord wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

The AA in 2142 bypassed shields because if it hit you with a shield on you didn't die you just lost power and crashed.
We were talking about the mobile AA, which didn't have the EMP effect
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jord

FloppY_ wrote:

jord wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

We were talking about the mobile AA, which didn't have the EMP effect
What the one in f2 on the walker? I thought it did...
dtacs
say that 2 my face fucker not online
+126|5835|Australia

Pretty fucking awesome.
https://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/profile/bf3/kit-icon-recon.png?v=3173239
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
wow, do you seriously just drift along aimlessly whilst you lock on?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard