Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
Oh wait I had to pick a persona, I see. Silly EA.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Might as well post the blog here

We’re more than half way through the open beta and thrilled to see so many people still enjoying the game while continuing to give us great feedback. As part of our dedication to showing you how your feedback is directly affecting and improving Battlefield 3, here are the latest Top-Ten Community Issues that we’re addressing.

1. Squad issues: Cannot play with friends within same squad, squads get split up onto opposite teams, etc.
There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (If team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad and changing squads once in game.

2. Regarding additional Open Beta content and fixes/patches for consoles, including PlayStation 3 issues with chat and party systems
While we would like to patch the Open Beta, DICE is currently focusing its available resources on polishing the retail game.

3. Will DICE have enough time to iron out everything by release?
Please see General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson's blog post regarding this question.

4. Can we have ability to change settings/options before deployment into match on PC?
The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

5. Issues with terrain stability and “falling into the map” on Operation Métro
This has been fixed for the beta via a server side update.

6. Kill cam sometimes zooms out too far or outside the map
This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

7. A bug that sometimes keeps some players from being able to sprint

8. Screen flickering/stuttering. Blue screen remains after respawn. Game locks up after deploying C4 (360)

9. Downed bodies appear to be dead, but are not
The DICE team has been looking into this issue – which is caused by a combination of incidents in a confined area - and are working hard to address the issue for the launch of the retail game.

10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?
The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

Roc18 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and i rarely come across anyone who can shoot me down reliably and i'm hardly 'good' at flying or BC2 in general so this works both ways duh
I'm just going by how often I actually see someone raping in a helicopter in BC2 and that's almost never.

In BF2 you'd see it much more often.
so wait im not sure i understand this, you're ~mad~ that something in BF3 will take skill?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roc18
`
+655|5799|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
They didn't address the minimap but good news nonetheless
Roc18
`

FatherTed wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

and i rarely come across anyone who can shoot me down reliably and i'm hardly 'good' at flying or BC2 in general so this works both ways duh
I'm just going by how often I actually see someone raping in a helicopter in BC2 and that's almost never.

so wait im not sure i understand this, you're ~mad~ that something in BF3 will take skill?
I'm not mad about anything, for some reason you think I'm mad that the choppers are harder to fly in BF3. I'm happy about that since I play armor often.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6508|so randum

Roc18 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

I'm not mad about anything, for some reason you think I'm mad that the choppers are harder to fly in BF3. I'm happy about that since I play armor often.

Roc18 wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Fin, it's a brand new game. You need to learn how to use them. A poor carpenter blames his tools.
You have to be a beast Pilot in Bad Company 2 to be successful in the choppers. It's alot harder than it was in Battlefield 2. If it's harder in Battlefield 3 thats ridiculous.
sound's pretty mad to me
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Roc18
`

FatherTed wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

If it's harder in Battlefield 3 thats ridiculous.
sound's pretty mad to me
niggaisyouserious.jpg
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
Fuck that, choppers in BC2 were so awful.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam
Jets and choppers are awful.
Tanks are okey, just a shame that they have a perk system like in BC2.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Just got my 17th service star, the .44 came with a triple headshot

https://i.imgur.com/Nn3Dn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/btieH.jpg
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
Fucking aids developers. The tanks and APC were ok in BC2, but I'm really sad to hear choppers and jets are fucked. I don;t think it's "realistic" if they are flying deathtraps made by nigerian retards.
jmsprovan
+18|5820|Alba

The A W S M F O X wrote:

Fucking aids developers. The tanks and APC were ok in BC2, but I'm really sad to hear choppers and jets are fucked. I don;t think it's "realistic" if they are flying deathtraps made by nigerian retards.
The choppers and jets aren't fucked, they are pretty damn good if you can use them on a non laggy server.

People are just complaining about them because 3/4 years ago they used to be l33t at BF2s jets/choppers and have since lost that skill, and so are blaming the tool and not themselves.

Last edited by jmsprovan (2011-10-07 10:28:35)

The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
If the choppers are anything like BC2 then it's fucked. I guess I'll wait till I get in one. As for losing the skill I still play jets in BF2.
Roc18
`
I've never hopped into a Jet or Heli in BF3 but they definitely aren't gonna be the 77-1 raping machines that you saw on maps like Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula.
jmsprovan
+18|5820|Alba
imo, the choppers are much more responsive in this than they were in BC2.

They feel like the Choppers from BF2:SF
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5692|SQUID
Oh? Well, I like the sound of that, tried HIND-D circle of death?
jord
+2,382|6686|The North, beyond the wall.
missles on the apache raped everything on toast town
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6320

You can spawn directly into jets. Wtf is this shit.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire
its AIX
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

jmsprovan wrote:

The A W S M F O X wrote:

The choppers and jets aren't fucked, they are pretty damn good if you can use them on a non laggy server.

People are just complaining about them because 3/4 years ago they used to be l33t at BF2s jets/choppers and have since lost that skill, and so are blaming the tool and not themselves.
I'm still just as good in a chopper in BF2 as I ever was, was never that great in jets but I could take on most pubbers.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Just flew a jet. Got a few air kills. Pretty easy to fly.

Few observations though:

Needs to be faster.
Movement needs to be smoother.
Needs a means to look around the cockpit to track enemy jets.
Needs rearward view.
jmsprovan
+18|5820|Alba
my only complaint about the helis is that just like in BC2, it only takes one burst of AA to literally knock them out of the sky, even if it only does 1% damage.

its a dumb idea because it means even the most incompetent AA gunner can completely shut down the sky for helis
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6613|Greenwood, IN
I've got some video coming of Caspian.  Its not very good but easily points out the BS way people play.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4850|Amsterdam

M.O.A.B wrote:

Needs a means to look around the cockpit to track enemy jets.
I think this will be in the final product.
It was shown in a trailer, but that doesn't really confirm anything.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

Practically every BC2 game I've played where there was a highly skilled chopper pilot, he always made sure to take out the stationary and mobile AA first.  That is how he dominated the game.  Only pesky little me, hiding somewhere, good at tracer darts, occassionally brought him down.  That's how it should be.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard