GullyFoyle
+25|5378

Spark wrote:

Hoping the web-based server browser is a beta-only thing. Was veery chunky.
Nope, it's permanent.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Is there any way to add a new soldier? I kinda want a different name than the one I came up with when I was 14.
Not in the software.  Some, but not all, report success with an EA chat.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

coke wrote:

Help I installed the new ATI driver for my 4850and now my resolution is fucked up! I've tried rolling back older versions, and it's still the same. My desktop resolution is right but it stretched across so that I'm missing about 2cm on the right of the screen and 4cm on the left!
My desktop only fits right now on 1440x900 when my native res is and always has been 1650x1080 wtf! I've tried 3 different drivers now!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
Every single server i try to join is either full or changing map.

edit: If i try the quick match function and i press join server it gives me a pop-up saying that BF3.exe has stopped working.
This browser bullshit isnt making this any easier to fix.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-09-29 07:51:38)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

GullyFoyle wrote:

Spark wrote:

Hoping the web-based server browser is a beta-only thing. Was veery chunky.
Nope, it's permanent.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Is there any way to add a new soldier? I kinda want a different name than the one I came up with when I was 14.
Not in the software.  Some, but not all, report success with an EA chat.
Better fix it then, because it's alarmingly slow atm.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
cant join games.
The server is either full (regardless of the amount of players in it) or not responding.
And if i manage to find one that doesnt have that it will give me a message saying that BF3.exe stopped working right after the little 'starting...' screen.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51
Well this battlelog just works absolutely flawlessly, not!

Joining server.......

Oh wai.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
And the server browser feels clunky and hard to navigate.
What game developer in their right mind would think that this browser shit would be more convenient than an ingame menu? I have to get in-game to adjust my setting, it takes too long (longer than it should) to find a decent server and it just feels very clumsy to have it switch between game and browser.
The BC2 menu's were well done and had great server navigation. How did they come up with this moist piece of fecal matter after that?
RDMC
+736|6557|Area 51
Want mah bf2 browser back.

nao
Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/Mystline18/1281569854807.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
In queue for a server now. BUt im 90% sure that as soon as im up it will give me the 'BF3.exe is not working'-finger.
RDMC
+736|6557|Area 51
Oh fuck ye, in a queue as well..68th lel

e: bet I can finish the download for the ps3, install it and join a server faster than I will join a server on the pc..

Last edited by RDMC (2011-09-29 08:03:47)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
43th
went to that from 90 in less than a minute.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
Now im actually curious how the xbox/ps3 menu's look.
Maybe they managed to fuck those up as well.
RDMC
+736|6557|Area 51
I can tell you in a few minutes, installing it atm on ps3
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5626|Southern California

Kampframmer wrote:

Now im actually curious how the xbox/ps3 menu's look.
Maybe they managed to fuck those up as well.
Use bing to search for server.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
and as i predicted.
I got to the end of the queue. Got the little joining server.... message and then BAM!

BF3.exe stopped working.
RDMC
+736|6557|Area 51
Lol this is terrible still in queue on the pc and on the ps3 I get 'connection with EA online was lost'

e: oh shit! joined a server on the ps3

Last edited by RDMC (2011-09-29 08:11:20)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
hm well this might explain it.
I dont have a BF3 game directory. The Origin Games folder is empty.

I installed it on origin and when i press play there it opens the battlelog web page. Is there something that i missed in the whole process?
Once again, something that could have been prevented were it not for that retarded battlelog browser.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

coke wrote:

coke wrote:

Help I installed the new ATI driver for my 4850and now my resolution is fucked up! I've tried rolling back older versions, and it's still the same. My desktop resolution is right but it stretched across so that I'm missing about 2cm on the right of the screen and 4cm on the left!
My desktop only fits right now on 1440x900 when my native res is and always has been 1650x1080 wtf! I've tried 3 different drivers now!
Fixed it now fuck knows what the problem was but it's bascially used all the spare time I had to play before I gotta get ready to go the footy ffs!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
I'm going to try and reinstall origin and see if it will properly download and install BF3 then.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Ahh! I chose today of all days to build my friend's PC. I wanna play!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Grr, I keep getting this disconnected from the login server error, which then proceeds to fuck my internet into ubelievable slowness. I want an ingame browser back, Battlelog is too unreliable.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6166|Sydney | ♥

FIrstly, I want to list a few things I enjoy about the game thus far.

- The movability feels much more fluent from BC2. PLaying many hours of BF2, I'm very used to the lighter style of engine, and was a factor why i never got into BC2. BF3 seems to be slightly lighter, though the animations do feel sluggish, it does feel a lot better. Thankyou. The Sounds are amazing, the atmosphere is great, but there are factors that immediately need to be addressed.

Faults:

- The Menu

The menu and settings in general is a joke to work with. Not only do you have to be deployed to change anything, such as video settings, etc, but in some cases you can even be kicked for idling while in this stupid thing.

- Killer Cam

Ok, I understand this guy killed me, can i edit my layout and/or change my gun now please? The amount of time I am changing my layout class / layout while readily availble to deploy is silly. Show the guy that killed me, sure, but if i hit a button (enter / whatever) take me to the deploy screen early.

- The Battle Log

I think the battle log is actually very good. Having a social side where everyone can pre-define where and what to do, have profiles etc. It adds to the atmosphere. It's a great concept, and i think people will grow for it.

HOWEVER, When i have a party of mates, and we join a game, can we PLEASE be put in the same squad and team? This is a major factor that had GREAT annoyance from myself and others.

This brings us onto squad management.

- Squads

I haven't played conquest, so i'm unsure if there are commanders or not, but the squad management is terrible. Firstly, i'm a fan of the 6 man squad in bf2. Not sure why it's limited to 4, but this is a minor issue. The main issue lies with not being able to even select the squad you wish to join. Not only now have a joined a game with my mates. Now i cannot get into a squad with my mates i'm actively talking to through vent / teamspeak!

- Voip

If i join a game on my own for some quick fun, i want to talk to my squad, and my team. That is just logic, and to not include this in the game is something that i'm throughly confused about. If i missed something, correct me here, but i didn't notice any in-game voip... only in the battle log, which is redundant if you're playing solo.

- Graphical / Engine issues.

When you are not moving, and you look at your feet, your feet do not animate
Constantly falling through the earth in various spots with no way to get back out
Looking down the scope does spaz out quite often, and also sometimes cannot look down the scope at all without first changing to another weopon and back.

Lastly, i cannot workout for the life of me how to hide and show icons above peoples heads. Sometimes it's there, and then suddenly it isn't. Logical choice would of been ALT (BF2), but that's a no.

Lastly, my computer specs and information.

i7 930 2.8Ghz
6GB Ram
GeForce 560
Driver version 285.38

I hope my Information doesn't fall to silent ears and is used to better improve gameplay with everyone

<3

Battlelog Thread

Last edited by tazz. (2011-09-29 08:39:53)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4834|Amsterdam
Well this is just fine and dandy.
Origin installed BF3 for like 30min. and said it was done,but apparently it installed fuck all. Which does explain why i couldn't join server, which is a good thing (relatively).
So now i have to download the game with a torrent since my reinstalled origin still says that i have BF3 installed (i don't) and when i want to remove it, origin opens my software screen and what do you know! No BF3, as expected.

Now I'm waiting for this torrent to finish.

Why did they go for this browser thing and origin? I don't origin that much (if it were bug free), but the browser thing. Fuck.
Who thought that this would be better than an in-game menu? Who would think that clumsily switching between game and browser would be better than just starting up a game and having everything there?
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6438|Amsterdam‫
it works quite good tbh. have you updated to the latest bf3 gpu drivers?
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard