Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Anyone watch this shit when it came out this summer?

https://www.freepoptv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/CyberbullyMoviePoster.jpg

At one point in the movie there was a support group for people who got trolled online. I couldn't believe it. I remember how hard everyone was laughing at the gay boy jokes part and the girl getting called a jelly doughnut. Ironic lol.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-09-28 10:30:59)

HITNRUNXX
+220|6707|Oklahoma City
I am not saying what the bullies did is right, and I am not saying that it shouldn't have been dealt with... I was just saying that there is only so much they can do. Harassment is bad. But some of the bad things these kids did were post on their own facebook walls about him... Are you going to start limiting who people can talk about in their own social networks, blogs, articles, etc?

Something should have happened to prevent some of this Lord of the Flies mob mentality crap... HOWEVER, bullies are not new. They had them when I was a kid. They had them when my dad was a kid. Things like suicides making national news and kids shooting up their schools, those ARE new... We have a different mentality now. You get into a fight at school and guess what? You get suspended automatically... Even if you did nothing wrong and a kid came up and punched you in the face. Everybody wants to pussyfoot around and they are so scared of offending someone, that they let these kids get away with anything...

BUT, the kid obviously had issues. As bad as it may be, you just don't kill yourself over it. I suffered a lot in school. In 5th grade I was a super fat kid. With glasses. All the other kids were skinny. I heard nothing but crap, and suffered every single day. My daughter is in school and getting crap because she is tall and skinny. All the other kids are short and fat... So now she is the freak. Every single day. Guess what? She has to deal with it. I can't go beat up those kids, or force the school to take action against all of them. I can't hire a personal body guard to shadow her everywhere. She has to learn to handle it and adjust and move on.

Everyone is so quick to blame the schools, and the bullies... Where the hell was this kids parents though? Where are any of the parents? Back in the day, one parent stayed home and was plugged in to their kids... Now, the economy sucks and both parents have to work to make ends meet. No one is there to deal with the kids and their issues and their being a bully or being bullied.

So yeah, fuck the kid. Fuck his parents. Fuck the bullies. Fuck the school. Fuck the teachers. Fuck the government. Fuck the economy. And Fuck the media. Until you are in a position where you are actually helping the problem, then fuck you too. OR, deal with it and move on.

It sucks. I can't do anything about that except watch my kids a little closer.

Last edited by HITNRUNXX (2011-09-28 10:37:44)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He was 15 years old. Not everyone has the constitution of Jack Bauer at that age.
Fifteen.

You make him sound like a ten year old. Kids younger have to deal with worse outside of suburbia...

Macbeth wrote:

Punish them how and for what? Not being nice?

Macbeth wrote:

Call it bullying or call it horseplay. Either way, a state appellate court panel says roughhousing with a sexual connotation by a pair of 14-year-old Somerset County boys was a crime that requires them to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.

In a decision handed down Monday, the three-judge panel acknowledged the severity of its decision, but said it was bound to uphold the law.

"We are keenly aware that our decision may have profound lifelong ramifications for these two boys as well as others similarly situated," Judge Jose Fuentes wrote.

One of the boys, whose case went to trial, said he had sat on the faces of a pair of 12-year-old schoolmates with his bare buttocks in November 2008 "cause I thought it was funny and I was trying to get my friends to laugh," he told a family court judge.

But an act is considered criminal sexual contact if it is done for sexual gratification or to degrade or humiliate the victim, and punishable by lifetime registration — even for juveniles — under Megan’s Law, which requires a person convicted of a sex crime against a child to notify police of changes of address or employment.

The trial judge concluded the teenager intended to humiliate or degrade his victims and found him guilty of criminal sexual contact. The second teenager who was implicated pleaded guilty to criminal sexual contact, and received the same penalty.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 … eplay.html
+1 New Jersey courts. Seriously, fuck these kids.

I don't believe in the "boys will be boys" bullshit. These two kids humiliated two other students for laughs and are now paying the price. I don't care about their age, I don't care for the life long consequences of putting them on the list. I believe in this country we are way too lenient on juvenile offenders just because "they are not old enough to know better". That's crap, they should know better at that age, you're just providing cover for shitty parenting.

My only hope is that other young people learn from this case and think before they attempt to victimize other people.
I dont get it Macbeth, on one hand, for a single act of bullying you think it is right for some kids to end up slapped with Megan's Law, on the other, when bullies drive a kid to suicide and then contiune bullying, its the victims fault....
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Nic wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

He was 15 years old. Not everyone has the constitution of Jack Bauer at that age.
Fifteen.

You make him sound like a ten year old. Kids younger have to deal with worse outside of suburbia...

Macbeth wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Call it bullying or call it horseplay. Either way, a state appellate court panel says roughhousing with a sexual connotation by a pair of 14-year-old Somerset County boys was a crime that requires them to register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.

In a decision handed down Monday, the three-judge panel acknowledged the severity of its decision, but said it was bound to uphold the law.

"We are keenly aware that our decision may have profound lifelong ramifications for these two boys as well as others similarly situated," Judge Jose Fuentes wrote.

One of the boys, whose case went to trial, said he had sat on the faces of a pair of 12-year-old schoolmates with his bare buttocks in November 2008 "cause I thought it was funny and I was trying to get my friends to laugh," he told a family court judge.

But an act is considered criminal sexual contact if it is done for sexual gratification or to degrade or humiliate the victim, and punishable by lifetime registration — even for juveniles — under Megan’s Law, which requires a person convicted of a sex crime against a child to notify police of changes of address or employment.

The trial judge concluded the teenager intended to humiliate or degrade his victims and found him guilty of criminal sexual contact. The second teenager who was implicated pleaded guilty to criminal sexual contact, and received the same penalty.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/0 … eplay.html
+1 New Jersey courts. Seriously, fuck these kids.

I don't believe in the "boys will be boys" bullshit. These two kids humiliated two other students for laughs and are now paying the price. I don't care about their age, I don't care for the life long consequences of putting them on the list. I believe in this country we are way too lenient on juvenile offenders just because "they are not old enough to know better". That's crap, they should know better at that age, you're just providing cover for shitty parenting.

My only hope is that other young people learn from this case and think before they attempt to victimize other people.
I dont get it Macbeth, on one hand, for a single act of bullying you think it is right for some kids to end up slapped with Megan's Law, on the other, when bullies drive a kid to suicide and then contiune bullying, its the victims fault....
The physicality of one is the difference.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Implying that emotional abuse is not abuse?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
ITT: People that were bullied as children and still aren't over it.

https://www.moviewiseguys.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/2us8lts.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
HITNRUNXX
+220|6707|Oklahoma City
And sorry if my previous post comes across wrong... I am pissy...

My point is, everyone is quick to point fingers and place blame, but nobody wants to get involved directly or be affected, or even come up with any good ideas.

Dell just donated $20,000 to 3 anti-bullying campaigns across the US. But what will they do, seriously?

We have set ourselves up for this. It sucks that a kid had to die (again) for people to notice for 5 minutes, but will anything change this time?

50 years ago, if a 14 year old kid harassed my kid that much, then my kid would be expected to punch him in the nose. Now, that gets him kicked out. He has to sit and listen to it, or leave. I could have gone over and had a talk with that kids dad. Which probably would have led to me popping that guy in the nose. Now, you go to jail for that.

We have built a society where you are allowed to say or do whatever you want, and everyone else has to shut up and take it, or they are held to the same (or worse) punishments as you.

Everyone looks at the Columbine kids as the bad guys, cause they killed people after being bullied. But everyone wants to treat this kid as the victim when he killed someone after being bullied.

Make up your mind.

Metal Detectors at the doors don't make the school safe.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Life is suffering. People vocally not liking you is going to be present throughout your entire life. Why protect children from a reality of life by calling it emotional abuse?

Aren't you one of the anti warman, haibai, sh1fty crew btw?

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-09-28 10:56:36)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Macbeth wrote:

Life is suffering. People vocally not liking you is going to be present throughout your entire life. Why protect children from a reality of life by calling it emotional abuse?

That was @nic

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-09-28 10:57:01)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
You and I are not so different, Mr. Badrinath. I've had all kinds of things shoved up my ass. But I got over it!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
tuckergustav
+1,590|5911|...

Just awful.  These kids should be ashamed.  Their parents should be ashamed.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

That was @nic
Telling someone that they are trolling and that they are stupid for doing so is a far cry from bullying someone until they commit suicide and then celebrating their death, (in front of their family at that.). Why protect people from physical abuse if they can't harden up and protect themselves? That is a question for you and the others Mac. If it is a valid point that you should be emotionally strong enough to withstand bullying, is it not also a valid point that you should be physically strong enough to withstand it? Can we not say that in Macbeths thread the kid who was bullied should have been strong enough to fight off the aggressors, therefore it is not their fault that they bullied him?

Also @ Jay: ITT people who make stupid assumptions of people who defend others. Everyone has had some bad shit done to them in their lives, does how they cope with it justify the act?
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6249|England

Cybargs wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i'm actually with lowing on this one

e: did you people even read the article? the kids were cheering over the other kid's death at a fucking dance. that sounds like the exact same behavior seen in Iraq when they killed and burned the bodies of those contractors. or when they beheaded Daniel Pearl. yes, these sociopaths sound like productive contributing members of society. fuck off.
The school should punish the shit out of those kids.
Er surely the parents should punish them & shame them as well fuck the school they are not responsible the parents are.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

*not toward any particular person or the child in this thread*

Is this generation growing up to be bunch of pussys .......... I know thanks to the net stories and reports move at quicker pace then the older days but I can just tell by walking that I don't that natural aggression in teenagers eyes anymore, its almost a glazed over look ... a deer caught in the headlights look

Now after saying that I know I'm going to have individuals pop saying how tough they are and of course I'm not saying that each and every single kid from 10 - 18 are pussys but .............
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.

Macbeth wrote:

There's a difference between someone vocally not liking you and well... the op.

Absolutely nothing bothers me now, at all. I haven't been offended for quite a while. That doesn't mean weaker persons than the people on this board don't exist and can ignore that level of systematic abuse.

Edit: And it's not a crew, it's more like everyone but them.

Last edited by jord (2011-09-28 12:45:03)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Macbeth wrote:

How about harassment, abuse. Seems to be crime to harass a woman who doesn't want it, why not anyone who doesn't want it?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5997|...

SEREMAKER wrote:

Is this generation growing up to be bunch of pussys .......... I know thanks to the net stories and reports move at quicker pace then the older days but I can just tell by walking that I don't that natural aggression in teenagers eyes anymore, its almost a glazed over look ... a deer caught in the headlights look

Now after saying that I know I'm going to have individuals pop saying how tough they are and of course I'm not saying that each and every single kid from 10 - 18 are pussys but .............
I bet your daddy said the same shit
inane little opines
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Shocking wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

I bet your daddy said the same shit
his dad probably

mine dodged the draft so he wouldn't do any service ......... I went to the corps and knew I was going since I was 7
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5997|...
meh, I dunno, you may have a point. I haven't lived that long yet so I haven't got anything to compare with.

Maybe they're just more identifiable nowadays due to the (much) larger choice/variation in which people choose to dress and present themselves.
inane little opines
HITNRUNXX
+220|6707|Oklahoma City

SEREMAKER wrote:

Cause if they show aggression, you have to medicate the life out of them.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

HITNRUNXX wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Cause if they show aggression, you have to medicate the life out of them.
ain't that the fucking truth ........ I've never seen so many ppl on meds ...........  I luv those ads about depression meds they may cause you to be suicidal
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin
*Imagines all the bf2sers flaming me, being put to jail*

Anyway, now to serious business, I'd say the kid was weak and no one should be punished.

tuckergustav wrote:

Whether they should or not, they won't give a fuck.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

War Man wrote:

Anyway, now to serious business, I'd say the kid was weak and no one should be punished.

tuckergustav wrote:

big difference....Here no one knows who you really are so no harm no foul. In real life it is a bit different.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

lowing wrote:

War Man wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

big difference....Here no one knows who you really are so no harm no foul. In real life it is a bit different.
Should I kill myself to change your mind?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Karbin
+42|6292
http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/local/on/b … l/41f58e90

Bully in suicide boy case may face trial

28/09/2011 12:42:53 PM

CBC News
The youth charged in connection with beating up and robbing an 11-year-old disabled boy who later took his own life may still stand trial, in spite of the deceased victim's inability to testify.

Crown attorney Kerri-Ann Kennedy will argue that an affidavit written and signed by Mitchell Wilson before his death should be submitted as evidence. Mitchell, who suffered from muscular dystrophy, a degenerative neuromuscular disorder that required him to use a walker, was bullied and attacked by a 12-year-old youth in November 2010.

It was a vicious assault that Mitchell's father, Craig Wilson, believes sent his son into a deep depression and eventually led to suicide. Just hours after learning he had to testify against his alleged attacker, the Pickering, Ont., boy was found dead in his room. A plastic bag was tied around his head.

In an unexpected twist on Wednesday, the Crown decided to push ahead with seeking a trial in the assault case, even though Mitchell will not be able to testify in court.

The youth charged in the assault can only be identified as J.S. due to his age. He did not appear in an Oshawa, Ont., court Wednesday, though Mitchell's family had been ready to face him in order to read a victim impact statement.

Alleged mugging over iPhone

Given the significance of this case, Justice Mary Teresa Devlin agreed to give more time to the Crown to prepare a prosecution.

The trial has been adjourned until Nov. 21.

Wilson told CBC News he had been ready to address his son's alleged attacker in the courtoom.

The anguished father said that Mitchell had dreaded the prospect of facing his tormentor, who is alleged to have smashed the younger boy's face so hard against the pavement that several of Mitchell's teeth were knocked out. J.S. had allegedly wanted Mitchell's iPhone.

"Having to go to court to face these criminals. He wasn't going to do that anymore," Wilson said.

Dreaded 'another year of ridicule'

"Depression set in not only but for his disease, but for his inability to protect himself and feeling unsafe in his own home; that [his attacker] might show up, break into the house to hurt him."

Wilson said his son bravely battled his condition, but had already experienced a tough childhood in only a few years. His mother died when he was eight. Although J.S. was removed from Mitchell's school, his friends continued to taunt Mitchell.

"He probably had an anxiety attack about going to school. About another year of ridicule, people staring because he walks different," Wilson said.

Wilson said his statement on Wednesday would also be an appeal to his son's bullies to think about the potential consequences of their actions.

"I don't think they care, but I would like to think that they do," he said. "And I hope that they would not do it to anyone else. And they might actually prevent somebody from doing something like this themselves. I would like them to take a different path and be a better person."

Last edited by Karbin (2011-09-28 15:09:28)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard