jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.

Ilocano wrote:

jord wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Yes, for everyone.  And that was a problem because?

Wait, I know.  Only jets and helicopters are allowed to have retarded amounts of points.

Edit: lol at mod edit comment above.  I meant to edit my comment and edited yours first.
On a jet map then yes, the person in a jet should be getting a lot more points than the guy on the ground. I see nothing wrong with that at all.
Depends on the map.  Flag hopping on Fu She and Dragon Valley on those FAV's?  Not much killing, but plenty of points.
Was easiest on a 64 map with few players.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5480|Ventura, California
Gulf of Oman was flag hopping heaven for my friends and I. There are many ways to get tons of points without being in a jet or helicopter. The only thing that I dislike about aircraft is how it slows things down so much. Of course I haven't played in years so my memory may be a tad incorrect, but a 64 player Oman didn't see much action. Of 32 team members, there's usually a good 20 on the carrier waiting for jets and attack helicopters while the 12 others get slaughtered on the beach or flag hop behind the lines.

I'd like to see actual fronts. That's why I enjoy Rush so much in Bad Company 2, although I believe there should be more possibilities to flank. With good planning it was possible in BC2 but just not practical and plausible enough. We need large conquest maps, but with choke points. Driving around point whoring via flag capping on Oman is only fun for so long.

Wake is a fantastic demonstration of the fronts which I mentioned above. Thanks to the shape of the island there was plenty of infantry and ground vehicle action while the jets and helicopters were busy killing themselves. However, if you were smart you could sometimes flank along the beaches. This is a perfect example of a good funneling map.

Imagine a dam, and 3 flags on each side, but the only way to cross was to either go across the dam bridge, or by little passages to flank by going down and back up but takes longer.

Jalalabad was pretty good too, but the beginning didn't offer enough cover for the attackers. However it offered an interesting flanking route.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5043|Massachusetts, USA
The only problem with the jet balance was the lack of GOOD AA.

Kubra had it right, decent AA spawns. The missiles from the Tunguska and the Bradley combined with the cannon was great. Just needed more oomph is all.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6695|"The Empire"

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Imagine a dam, and 3 flags on each side, but the only way to cross was to either go across the dam bridge, or by little passages to flank by going down and back up but takes longer.
or going threw it.

Kubra Dam
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6548|Sammamish, WA

UnkleRukus wrote:

Kubra had it right, decent AA spawns. The missiles from the Tunguska and the Bradley combined with the cannon was great. Just needed more oomph is all.
I agree completely, AA is quite unreliable in BF2, especially compared to getting strafed from out of missile lock range. Also I think a good solution for jets being ridiculous were realism effects for pilots (http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=42201). I don't know yet if they implemented anything like that in BF3 but I sure hope so.

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2011-09-24 09:39:56)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

UnkleRukus wrote:

It was a little too big though, even for 64 players. It should be a challenge to flank and go flag capping behind enemy lines, but not impossible like most BC2 rush games.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5043|Massachusetts, USA
Wow shifty, I was talking about jet balance. Not about kubra.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
You were talking about jets on Kubra and their counters, I was mentioning something else about Kubra.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6695|"The Empire"
Finally some good news, the chance to make multiple characters is available now, so you dont have to just use your origin name.

Source
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6506|so randum

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Finally some good news, the chance to make multiple characters is available now, so you dont have to just use your origin name.

Source
they've been doing this since 2142 iirc
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6695|"The Empire"

FatherTed wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

Source
they've been doing this since 2142 iirc
I know they always did in the past, but there were concerns you may have to use only your Origin name, or only be able to create 1 solider. Thankfully thats not the case, my Origin name sucks.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5756|شمال
tomorrow?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Roc18
`
+655|5797|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Beduin wrote:

tomorrow?
Only a day awaaay
jmsprovan
+18|5818|Alba
Early Access Beta:
US Eastern - 8:00 AM 27th
US Central - 7:00 AM 27th
US Mountain - 6:00 AM 27th
US Pacific - 5:00 AM 27th
GMT - 12:00 PM 27th
Sweden - 2:00 PM 27th
Aus - 10:00 PM 27th
NZ - 1:00 AM 28th

Open Beta
US Eastern - 8:00 AM 29th
US Central - 7:00 AM 29th
US Mountain - 6:00 AM 29th
US Pacific - 5:00 AM 29th
GMT - 12:00 PM 29th
Sweden - 2:00 PM 29th
Aus - 10:00 PM 29th
NZ - 1:00 AM 30th
whoop
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5756|شمال
i feel like a little kid
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

jmsprovan
+18|5818|Alba
"above and beyond the call"

that becomes quite cheeky marketing once you fill in the missing ending
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

jmsprovan wrote:

"above and beyond the call"

that becomes quite cheeky marketing once you fill in the missing ending

For those that are saying jets will be boring without bombs, hell, if gameplay will be like that last promo, screw ground kills.  I'd just want to dog-fight all day.

I want an all air map like 1943's Coral Sea.
jmsprovan
+18|5818|Alba
this is quite self explanatory:

https://i.imgur.com/Qt453.png

and new nvidia drivers:

New in Release 285.38

•Increases performance in Battlefield 3 by up to 38%

•Improves overall stability and image quality in Battlefield 3.

•Added or updated SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third.

•Fixed a performance regression in 285.27 beta running Crysis 2 (DirectX 9).

Read more about R285 drivers on GeForce.com.

Other Details

•Supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. •Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.11.06.21. •Installs HD Audio driver to version 1.2.24.0. •Supports OpenGL 4.2 for GeForce 400 series and 500 series GPUs and OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. •Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP. •Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards. •Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software. •Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers/Results/38108
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
Worth noting that the new nvidia driver is only a beta driver. So I would hold off on installing until the full release unless you seriously need that shit to run the beta at a playable FPS.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6452|Amsterdam‫
yai minimum spec with my 8800GT
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5760|Roma
oh hey, mine is in the recommended.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6229|Escea

I'm just below the recommended with my card, though my 460's a 1GB version. Everything else was above the required specs, though. So I guess I can run it on med-high, possibly high. Not ultra though
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

While I'll be setup with a 580, and another with 6950 X2, I'm damn well surprised my 295 can still play with the big boys.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6773|UK
6950 for me, so im recommended. Probably gunna buy a second one at some point.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard