KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

an equally appealing fight?  The first was for the title on a main event with a guaranteed percentage of the PPV revenue.  He went from a probably $1mil+ windfall to most likely around $300k.  I'd say that's a pretty big hit
I mean purely fight wise as opposed to pay day wise.  It'll be a better fight to watch imo.  But we know how much Diaz love to get paid i suppose, it's all he ever goes on about!  I expected him to get suspended or some shit.

Last edited by KingCheese (2011-09-09 11:32:37)

"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

it will be a better fight.  They are the same type fighter- bjj phenoms with a scrappy stand up style.  Both are scrappers too.  should be a good one!
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
Yeah.  I like Diaz, but I think he has mental problems and might get sectioned at some point.  He's clearly crackers.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

https://s1.i1.picplzthumbs.com/upload/img/05/78/46/057846018ee5f4d1a9e2999b9270267358ebafda_wmeg.jpg
wow.. Common has been working out..lol
(September 10th Strike Force)
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Didn't Mike Kyle try to bite someone's ear?

I bet m3th's mad his man crush Roger Gracie got KTFO.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
nope, he's an awsome BJJ practioner, but that's all he relies on.  Being a one trick pony in MMA wont get you too far.

i had no idea he had been KTFO either.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
mo lawal is a knob jockey anyway
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

His mouth is too big for his record, but he's no slouch.  I'd like to see how some of the upper echelon strikeforce fighters would fare against UFC competition.
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
rampage vs king mo would be the one, espically after their argument in the van and rampage tweeting this (after mo lost his title)

https://www.mmaresolutions.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/rampage_tweet.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

love King Mo but he'd get whooped by Rampage
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
https://s1.proxy04.twitpic.com/photos/large/405573684.jpg

Last edited by m3thod (2011-09-23 15:42:21)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

god i hope rampage punches his head off his body.  probably not going to happen though
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I dont think I'll be able to watch it tomorrow.. sad sad sad.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

same, i'll be in santa monica.  sucks!

I used to love jon jones as he was making his way up through the division.  For some reason now I hate the guy.  I think he puts on a schtick for the cameras, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but for some reason it rubs me the wrong way.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England
That was sooooooo easy for Jones.  Rampage exposed for what he really is - slow, one dimensional, and past it.  Nice win for Nate Diaz too.  All to often I hear UFC commentators talking about "great boxing" coming from fighters which 99% of the time is bullshit - in fact it is an insult to boxing to call it that much of the time but Nate showed some tasty work with his hands there.  Was sad for Matt Hughes - he's been one of my favourite fighters for ever and if that was really to be his last fight I can't think of a bigger arsehole to be ko'd by than that Koschek prick.

Last edited by KingCheese (2011-09-25 06:31:28)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Damnit.. I downloaded it and it wont play.

shit. The one fight I've missed in months.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Kmar wrote:

Damnit.. I downloaded it and it wont play.

shit. The one fight I've missed in months.
you can find it out there...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I have it. It just would not stream through my media player.. watched on the computer.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

pretty lackluster performance by Rampage, in my opinion.  He looked scared, homie
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

good card this weekend
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

good card this weekend
this \o/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Frankie Edgar knocks out Gray Maynard in the 4th Round
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Crazy outcome, with the exception of aldo/florian. liked seeing a finish from sonnen and Edgar. My main beef with Frankie was that he couldn't really stop anyone, even he could beat everyone by decision. He earned some respect
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

diaz / penn was a great fight.  Was just reading this morning that Dana allowed GSP to deny Condit and instead he'll face Nick Diaz on Super Bowl weekend.  Should be an amazing fight.  Hopefully Nick can show up to the required press conferences.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

couldn't find a MMA thread hmm

Anyway

UFC is coming to Fox with a championship fight between Velasquez and Dos Santos. Sounds awesome really. Both are great fighters and will put up a great show unlike that EliteXC crap with Kimbo. I hope it's successful. MMA getting that sort of exposure would be great for the sport. Since Boxing is dead something has to fill the void.

Velasquez vs. Dos Santos, who are the experts on bf2s predicting will win?

Last edited by Macbeth (2011-11-01 22:34:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard