unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Article (Yahoo Music version)
Radio (Ron & Don show, I think) was talking about the Rolling Stones article and playing the songs. I think some of these songs were more overplayed than inherently awful. Then again, I do think that some of them are awful, but that might be because I've heard them too much.

e: Anyway, I think the Rolling Stone's writers are full of themselves.

What do you think?
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Good list. Those songs are muy irritating. Except for I'm too sexy, which is actually quite good in a comical way

Barbie Girl reminds me of BF2 movie making, when GR_Metal played that over voip and wanted to climb "the great penis" (the missile in Surge). Silly Greek boy
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
worst songs of the 90's

one hit wonders of the 90's
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6601|Finland

Apparently the ranking is made from readers' votes, so in that aspect the list is correct. I bet the same people who voted on Barbie Girl now, danced the shit out of it in '97, and always sang along the modulation part of My Heart Will Go On.

Who Let The Dogs Out was always shit though; the second the first sound of the first mix came through the studio monitor speakers.

To be clear, none of those songs or the albums in which they are featured are, nor have they ever been on my playlist. Except for maybe Tubthumping recorded on a C-cassette for a week, back in the day, then recorded over.
I need around tree fiddy.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
In all honesty if you play most of those songs at your average college party most of the (white) girls will go nuts and sing-a-long. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to you.

At least this is a couple years ago when I was in and people that went to college were born in the 80's.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Except for I'm too sexy, which is actually quite good in a comical way
It was a parody to begin with... don't think it should be on the list myself. Bad as it is.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I'm sure there were worse songs than that in the 90s. Most of this stuff is a considerable amount better than most pop music nowadays and I don't think I'm being a grandpa by saying that. Billy Ray vs. Miley, who is the most irritating Cyrus? Most of these songs are at least fun even if they aren't particularly good. Too Sexy is a tongue-in-cheek parody, Ice is hilarious and Tubthumping is fun. Macarena can burn in Hell of course.

Also I'm pretty sure Who Let the Dogs Out was released in 2000.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Ty wrote:

Billy Ray vs. Miley, who is the most irritating Cyrus?
Achy Breaky Heart really was played so often that I can't stand it, though. Tough call.
rdx-fx
+955|6561
In the middle of the whole Titanic frenzy, I was buying a few CDs in a music store
(brick n' mortar storefront, not itunes... try an' keep up with the narrative, kids).
Sales clerk asked me if I wanted to buy a copy of the Titanic Soundtrack.
Without thinking, I immediately blurted out, "No thanks. I've cheaper things to use for target practice"

From her shocked reaction, she seemed to (mistakenly) think I meant to use her as target practice.

Coming back from classes at a military school every day, to have my roomate blast Green Jello Sucks! at top volume on the finest stereo system one could buy at an AAFES... priceless.

Having the lyrics to an overplayed club song during that same era, permanently etched into my mind as "All I want to do is get a zoomie in my room and ah boom boom" .. priceless.  Absolutely NO idea what the original lyrics are. Exceptionally thankful for that
tuckergustav
+1,590|5883|...

4, 9, and 10 were/are my jams!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I think the Rolling Stone's writers are full of themselves. What do you think?
Critics - Its much harder to create something than get stoned and write twaddle.

Which reminds me, where's Uzique?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Dilbert_X wrote:

Which reminds me, where's Uzique?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=143889

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard