RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
pretty much ignore it unless i barely know the person or its a good friend
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
ya I have a buncha people on my facebook who are like DUBSTEP IS LYFE!

only listen to skrillex and rusko.

are you fucking kidding me.png
­
­
­
­
­
­
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

oh man aren't we all cool because we can distinguish between dubstep and brostep!!1!
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
yea!
­
­
­
­
­
­
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD
i don't care about dubstep but i'm sick of this electronica fad, mainly the bandwagoners though. not the actual die-hard fans who liked it before it started getting played in douchebag clubs with $15 cocktails

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2011-08-28 14:48:10)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5788|Catherine Black
https://i.imgur.com/xLecg.png

fucking hipsters
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Shadow893
lel
+75|6692|England
dunno if these guys, guy, girl whatever has been posted before. but i've realy got in to them.

nothing like having a drink and sitting back listening to this

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

This is just dub, but it's a good track so I'm posting it anyway.

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

i don't care about dubstep but i'm sick of this electronica fad, mainly the bandwagoners though. not the actual die-hard fans who liked it before it started getting played in douchebag clubs with $15 cocktails
I'm sick of people who can't realise peoples tastes change, and new music arrives that gets bunched into categories when it isn't produced to be a certain genre but to be what the artist wants to make.
Let people like fucking skrillex, maybe that's the type of 'dubstep' they like
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

Shadow893 wrote:

dunno if these guys, guy, girl whatever has been posted before. but i've realy got in to them.

nothing like having a drink and sitting back listening to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcdClO8nPxQ
I couldn't really get into eskmo but i did like that song. I also think the video is excellent (posted it in here a couple of months ago)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I'm sick of people who can't realise peoples tastes change, and new music arrives that gets bunched into categories when it isn't produced to be a certain genre but to be what the artist wants to make.
Music can be 'good' or 'bad' in someone's opinion, and they are more than entitled to it.
Thats the subjective part of music, its all personal taste and preference, wether it be one track on artists, album or a whole genre.

But theres also a pretty clear line (not that clear) between whats actually good and whats actually bad.
This, of course, can be determined by the musical skill that was required to make it and in some cases the meaning behind the song etc etc etc.

Same goed for movies, books, games and all that. tey each have a subjective side to it.
Someone is free to say that he liked The Expendables. Hell, 99% of all the poeple that have watched it, can say it.
But that doesnt make it a GOOD movie.

Lots of people like skrillex' music, and they're free to do so. But if they say that his music is actually good, then they are just plain wrong.
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6741

gurdeep wrote:

Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5036|Massachusetts, USA

Kampframmer wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Music can be 'good' or 'bad' in someone's opinion, and they are more than entitled to it.
Thats the subjective part of music, its all personal taste and preference, wether it be one track on artists, album or a whole genre.

But theres also a pretty clear line (not that clear) between whats actually good and whats actually bad.
This, of course, can be determined by the musical skill that was required to make it and in some cases the meaning behind the song etc etc etc.

Same goed for movies, books, games and all that. tey each have a subjective side to it.
Someone is free to say that he liked The Expendables. Hell, 99% of all the poeple that have watched it, can say it.

Lots of people like skrillex' music, and they're free to do so. But if they say that his music is actually good, then they are just plain wrong.
It's good to them, what else matters than your own opinion.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire
i agree with kampf
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto

In love with this song
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam

UnkleRukus wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

PrivateVendetta wrote:

It's good to them, what else matters than your own opinion.
When it comes to someones personal opinion on a track, well, nothing really.
But the thing is, a lot of people will claim that a song is actually good, even though it clearly isn't. When people are being stupid and ignorant about those kinds of things then they deserve to be told what complete idiots they are.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma
it's subjective. unless there is an aim other than to make music people like and buy, there is no measure of what is 'good' or bad.
fucking electronic music is 'bad' according to my mum, doesn't mean shit.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam

PrivateVendetta wrote:

it's subjective. unless there is an aim other than to make music people like and buy, there is no measure of what is 'good' or bad.
fucking electronic music is 'bad' according to my mum, doesn't mean shit.
according to you mum
So thats her opinion and not a fact.
There is such a thing as good and bad music, make no mistake.And this is not determined wether or not poeple will buy it. If we let popularity/amount of listeners dictate wether a song is good or not, then by that standard songs like 'Black&Yellow' and 'Like a G6' are good, which obviously isnt the case.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto
That's just, like, your opinion, man.

Kampframmer, you contradict yourself in every line. "so that's her opinion and not a fact." and immediately following this you say, "there is such a thing as good and bad music, make no mistake". The good and bad is determined entirely by opinion, making it- as you've said- subjective. Even when working within a paradigm to determine the intrinsic value of art, that paradigm is merely the lens (or opinion) of that school of thought. Pop can be said to be good because it is, by name, popular. Minimal is good because it is simple. Opera is good because it is difficult. R&B is good because it is soulful.

If you can explain how any art can objectively be said to be 'good' or 'bad' I will herald you as the greatest thinker of the century.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4842|Amsterdam
I said there was a subjective side and a non-subjective side to it and i have never contradicted myself in that.

So by that standard if i start slamming on a guitar (no musical skill or rythm whatsoever) and thousands will like it, even though it sounds like nothing but crap it would still be good music, just because those people like it?
Millions love Justin Bieber and think his music is 'good'. So is it?

Yes, art is very subjective, but slappin paint on a canvas and calling it art by giving some bullshit 'deeper meaning' to it doesnt make it so. A certain amount of skill has to be required to make it (music, sculpting, you name it) and of course in the case of a lot of those art forms (especially paintings) it needs to portrait something more than what you see at first, and this has to be done so that most people with a reasonable amount of thinking power can see this and agree with artists on the emaning behind it.
Now with music this is a bit trickier. Not all music can be considered art, as a lot of it has no deeper meaning but there is a line between what is good and bad. Determined by the musical skill that was required to make it and in some cases the tone that it sets and/or what it portraits.

Of course this isnt a clear black-and-white case, but there are certain obvious cases on which we can all agree that its good or bad. Saying that there isnt such a thing as non-subjective good or bad in music (or any art- or mediaform for that matter) is just naive.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5543|Toronto
Actually, by some measures, Justin Bieber would be considered 'good' art, because he is liked by a large number of people. This goes back to Aristotle's idea that the 'good' is what is best for the greatest number of people.

Slapping paint on a canvas would be considered post-post-modern art, and is in some circles considered the cutting edge of art. It is good in it's own right.

All of the judgments you are making on these forms of art are merely your opinion as to which artistic theory is the correct one. Which one that is, I have no clue.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard