KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Brazil got fed on that card.  Best part of the night was Nog's ko.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Yea well.. home court.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

KingCheese wrote:

I thought that second round of Anderson/Okami was one of the better rounds of MMA i've seen in a while.  Doesn't hold a candle to the Paul Daley/Nick Diaz fight but still a pretty darn good showing.
Markooo*Est
Previously known as CC-Marley
+334|6118|Estonia
https://files6.fliiby.com/images/_original/ifngg3zwny.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
run
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

KingCheese wrote:

I thought that second round of Anderson/Okami was one of the better rounds of MMA i've seen in a while.  Doesn't hold a candle to the Paul Daley/Nick Diaz fight but still a pretty darn good showing.
Silva was basically taunting him wasn't he? It actually seemed to me that Okami went down easy. I thought he turned with the first hit .. might be wrong though.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14345/4lrRy.jpg
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
Gotta love The Spider.  He really is a cut above.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

UFC announced the heavyweight championship belt will be on the line for th FOX debut on 11/12. Should be a huge fight, and ratings should pretty healthy as it's right before the pac fight. In addition, ben Henderson will be fighting Clay Guida on the same night in a match that seems to be a lightweight title-eliminator.

On another note Alaistar Overeem signed and is scheduled to fight Brock Lesner on their 12/30 card. If you don't know who Ubereem is, you might recognize him as one of the guys markoo incessantly posts in eechats. This card will probably be the most successful PPV in UFC history.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I'm interested in seeing Jones and Jackson in the next couple of weeks or so.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
according to GSP's FB update diaz is out and condit in
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Yeah Diaz no-showed two press conferences this week. It's legit. If there was ever a doubt that Nick Diaz is an idiot, here's proof that he is. I'm bummed to say the least - I was really looking forward to seeing that bout.

What a fucking idiot
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
are there are a lot of smart professional fighters?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

You'd be surprised. GSP markets himself well, is well-spoken, has endorsements with Gatorade and Under Armour. He clears $5-$10 mil a year before endorsements are considered. CRocop is/was a member of Croatian Parliament
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
cant be that daft if you've mastered a couple of martial arts.  I'll tell you personally remembering all the stuff in BJJ as its not just about holds or joint locks as positioning, leverage, balance etc all factor in and is a phenomenal achievement.

approx different 750 moves in BJJ which all can be countered, to which there are counters to counters and counters to counters to counters...you get my point.  Its a big chess game if i was to use an analogy.

Last edited by m3thod (2011-09-07 15:59:27)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

A chess game that you'd find in a Turkish bathhouse
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
i liek mashy taters

Last edited by m3thod (2011-09-07 16:33:53)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Insert wandy gay bjj pic here
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
i think i shall go to the british museum tomorrow and marvel at the spectacular thievery of the british empire.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Nick Diaz's response to not showing up.  Fucking weird dude.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

m3thod will probably get a kick out of this -

They took BJ Penn's opponent and moved him to the title slot.  Now it's Penn vs. Diaz in the co-main event.  Penn vs. Diaz is even better than GSP vs. Diaz in my opinion.  Back to
m3thod
+2,197|6641|UK
awesome, hopefully we'll see some good bjj.

gracie breakdown is also a good view afterwards to get to good breakdown of the techniques used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NZyXcuvRBo
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah i've watched a few of them. i remember a mark bocek fight in particular that was a good breakdown
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England
So Diaz misses two press conferences and his punishment is......an equally appealing fight?  I don't mind, I'm sure Penn v Diaz will be awsm.  Also like the sounds of Kongo v Mitrione.  Kinda impressed with Mitrione at times.

Last edited by KingCheese (2011-09-09 00:19:59)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

an equally appealing fight?  The first was for the title on a main event with a guaranteed percentage of the PPV revenue.  He went from a probably $1mil+ windfall to most likely around $300k.  I'd say that's a pretty big hit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard